Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
A walk in the woods can make you trip
    #1971218 - 10/01/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well, not really. But if you go for a walk every now and then you really have a chance for some deep thinking, free of all city distractions. I've had 2 hour long walks where I just let my body's muscle memory of walking take over and get completely immersed in my thoughts. I totally forget I have a body and the outside world just disappears.Had some very cool ideas come out of this.

Wierd story: Each time I've gone for a walk I've had to take a shit and go back home. Every time! Even if ten minutes before it seemed as though I didn't need to at all. So just yesterday, again I had to crap but I just decided to go in the woods. Never done this before,  and I was a bit nervous. I figured this was nature's test to see if I was truly ready to be closer with it and let it show me it's true beauties. Anyways, so I crapped on a log and set off on my walk, which turned out to be a  great experience.When I returned home, my mind was so clear, yet at the same time full of fresh thoughts,  so refreshed, and I felt like a different person. Kinda sounds like after a mushroom trip to me :cool:

Be one with nature! Get out and go for a walk!!!!! You might learn something. 

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: A walk in the woods can make you trip [Re: manna_man]
    #1971318 - 10/01/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So you walked home with a crusty butt? :smirk:

Lesson: Bring toilet paper with you next time asshole

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1971337 - 10/01/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I like going for walks at like three in the morning. It's like an entirely different world.It clears my head and I get some deep thinking done.

I wish I had some woods to walk through.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Re: A walk in the woods can make you trip [Re: monoamine]
    #1971359 - 10/01/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"So you walked home with a crusty butt? "

Nah, I was lucky that time. It was one of them clean shits.
And leaves are all you need. Just make sure they're aren't poison ivy or swarming with bugs and you'll be fine, asshole. :tongue:

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1971372 - 10/01/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Nature is the best  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: A walk in the woods can make you trip [Re: Shroomism]
    #1971497 - 10/01/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I "trip" minorly all the time... and it's not flashbacks coz i havn't done lsd. Like just this morning I had the sensation that inside my body was a forest, i could see and feel trees, vines, mushrooms and animals all hangin out in there, doing thier thing. I was excited that they were inside me and they were excited that I was a home for them... or sometimes i'll feel like I'm a tree with roots going deep into the earth and branches stretching upwards from my head and arms. I often feel connecting strings of light and an outpouring of love between me and the plants on my street. Stars and interesting cloud formations do a lot for me as well.

As you've probably noticed my "trips" are pretty nature based. If I could actually go and spend time in the forest I wouldn't be suprised to find these getting stronger and more frequent. In the last couple years I've been forging a relationship to the land that had been broken by our modern technological culture. If I could spend all my time in the forest I think i'd be spiritually fulfilled.

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Re: A walk in the woods can make you trip [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #1971539 - 10/02/03 12:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I believe nature is absolutely perfect in every way.
There is also a sense of infinite wisdom when you walk into a forest. Surrounded by trees, who've seen hundreds of years pass by, who dont hate, don't lie or steal, have no desire, just OBSERVE, much like the Buddha. It's a perfect world, but human influence is quickly decaying this natural perfection. Fuckin humans :mad:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#1971562 - 10/02/03 12:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh I agree with you entirely. We already live in the Garden of Eden, we never left it, we just isolated ourselves from it and have been feeling sorry for ourselves ever since. I think that every significant evil we inflict on other people, the natural world and ourselves is an expression of the isolation we feel from the Earth. If we felt connected to the life process, connected to ourselves and our world we wouldn't feel the need to act out in such destructive ways.

I just noticed you live in Vancouver, what forested area do you usually go for these walks in? I live in the 'burbs (langley) so most of the plant and animal life around me is domesticated or subdued. I find I have a great love of weeds and crows, because they don't submit to the suburban rules of prim and proper organized existance. They're like a big fuck you to our attempts at controlling other living beings, they aren't "useful" to our ends.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1971580 - 10/02/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I know where you're coming from.. nature is perfect and we must live in harmony with it. There is much wisdom in nothingness.
Forests are excellent in many ways besides the ancient memory and awareness of the trees, there are no disturbances (usually) in their abundance of life energy..animals only add to the overall frequency.
Spending time with nature is not only a spiritually healing process but also gives a new refreshing outlook on life, may uncover many hidden insights and revelations.. after a process of deep cleansing right to your core where sunken fears and repressed memories are pulled to the surface and you face them, and you flush them.
Trees are like blissful meditators.. breathing and concentrating...
They have many functions, not only for oxygen but more as earth memory.
When we are walking through a forest, we are like 4th dimensional beings, weaving through the strands of 3rd dimensional space..except that we are 3rd dimensional, or something..
And that's just forests!

--------------------

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

#1971589 - 10/02/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hahaha right on about the weeds! I know what you mean. I love their little defiance of our societal ways; how they sprout out in a woman's garden or from little cracks in the sidewalk and say :" hey bitch. I'm natural. You don't want me here, put on your damn gloves and get on your knees to pull me out!" A weed in the sidewalk is like an attempt to make us realize how we imposed our industrialized lifestyle on the natural world, and how we mustnt forget all the damage we've done for our own gain.

I live about 10 mins drive from the university. They have a huge section of natural forest called the endownment lands that spread out about 50 square miles. Actually, I dunno about 50, but it's huge. It's got little trails all around it. I love living in BC!!

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#1971621 - 10/02/03 12:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I think one of the most beautiful things in the world is the sight of a weed that's cracked through concrete in order to live. I still have a very clear childhood memory of the first time I noticed a weed that had done that, I was utterly in awe that such a fragile looking thing was so strong and persistant. Like Sonic Youth said "small flowers crack concrete," and as both a literally and metaphorically that gives me great hope. Perhaps when we've dug ourselves into oblivion the very life forms we despised will still be capable of cleaning up after us, breaking down our roads and tearing apart our monuments of dominion. Fungi and weeds are stage one of the cleanup crew for any area that we've damaged. They come in there and fix what they can until bigger and more complex ecosystems start to form.

You're lucky to live so close to the forest, I live right by the fraser river and so I go there often, but it's dirty and always abused by ignorant people in gas guzzling power boats. It's sad. A tree I was rather in love with in the front yard of the Evangelical church across from my house was recently chopped down coz its roots were getting big and cracking the driveway. I'm still choked when I walk by and see the stump. It was old and beautiful and had a family of birds in it. They destroyed a beautiful living thing and the home of more living things for the sake of pavement. How can anyone do that and not feel guilty? Especially religious people? I'll never understand. They'd probably laugh at me saying I was a misguided pagan.

I love BC as well! It's fantastically beautiful. I must get out camping before the weather gets colder.

Anonymous

#1972794 - 10/02/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well yeah, is this some new fuckin knowledge or something?

Everyone knows that trees and things are good

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: A walk in the woods can make you trip [Re: ]
    #1972840 - 10/02/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

buttcastleking said:
Well yeah, is this some new fuckin knowledge or something?

Everyone knows that trees and things are good

Yep. Its new knowledge. Everything is new knowledge. Each time it is expressed.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: A walk in the woods can make you trip [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1973040 - 10/02/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

> Be one with nature! Get out and go for a walk!!!!

You should try sitting sometime when you are in the middle of nowhere and listen to the trees talking to one another... it is a magical moment.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2143754 - 11/29/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

LOL
:lol: :lol:  Dude, :smile:

Same shit happens to me evertime I go out in the woods.  :crazy: I have lost ten thousand pairs of socks from not bringing some papertowels.  It totally has to do with Wood being Relaxing.  For some reason if your room is all paneled out in wood. It is a Relaxing Room.  Look at bars and grills, wooded out.

But as far as trippin, :nut:

I have found a few mushrooms on hikes.  Its so cool when you find them just out in a cow field. :grin: Later. 

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: A walk in the woods can make you trip [Re: medicinebag]
    #2143770 - 11/29/03 03:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"If I could spend all my time in the forest I think i?d be spiritually fulfilled."

then why don?t you? As for you guys shitting in the woods.. you are serious amateurs. Rip off your pockets! Especially breast pockets. I work in the boonies and I always make sure my shirts have breast pockets. I reccomend:

]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract