Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
cebil prep methods
    #1964243 - 09/29/03 11:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Greetings friends. I recently came across the following passages on a different messageboard and was wondering if anyone else can confirm activity with such a preparation method of a. columbrina (cebil):

Quote:

I found myself preparing eight seeds in much the same method. The portion was divided in two, and each portion added to a glass of fresh grapefruit juice. I drank mine relatively quickly, and effects were felt in about 15mins. I have an extremely fast metabolism and my friend felt nothing for the first 45. The feeling started with the familiar closed eye images, and soon escalated into a beautiful feeling of electricity throughout my mind and body. Open eye visuals, mental and physical effects were much fuller and more vivid than in the first dream. My depth perception was increased quite a bit, and "tracers" seemed to be more detailed and "worked in" to the visual patterns than dreams I've had about mushrooms or salvia. The effects of this dream lasted several hours, and from what I remember, I slept well that night with no physical effects the next morning.

Looking back, I really liked dreaming that I added the crushed seeds to juice. The dream in which the seeds were smoked was not interesting enough for me to want to explore that route further. Next time, I'd like to dream of 8 or 10 seeds in a drink that would compliment the taste.

Also,

Quote:

The addition of lime is not necessary to make the snuff active. Manuel Torres and another prominent ethnobotanist who would probably rather not be named in this context, both told me that the lime only increases the pain, and does not increase the psychoactivity. I have had a dream in which I snuffed several grams of A. colubrina var. cebil seeds, which were quite active and not at all painful. There was of course the discomfort of snorting a large amount of foreign material, and having the 'yopo-flavoured' drip-back from my nose trickling down my throat, but not pain.

Any comments or suggestions? How necessary is lime (calcium bicarbonate)? Much thanks :thumbup:

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: cebil prep methods [Re: Xochitl]
    #1964299 - 09/30/03 12:00 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

lime is not essential but a small ammount of it seems to make the alkaloids more water soluble and thats desirable for snuffs...

FH

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

#1964300 - 09/30/03 12:00 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

double post.. i'll just fix that for ya..

-enth

Edited by entheomation (09/30/03 12:07 AM)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1964354 - 09/30/03 12:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

First quote is bunk.... grapefruit juice would not provide a strong enough MAOI, it'd get eaten up in the gut anyway. And grapefruit juice isn't even as acidic as other alternatives, so if their intention was as an acid to "extract" then they're wrong there.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Re: cebil prep methods [Re: neuro]
    #1964451 - 09/30/03 12:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i thought that strange too, perhaps with some MAOI but grapefruit? =)
thanks enth i don't know how the hell that happened!

FH

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: cebil prep methods [Re: neuro]
    #1964792 - 09/30/03 02:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks neuro and felix! I figured grapefruit juice would not be a strong MAOi candidate. If anyone knows a good source for quality, edible lime, PM me. :thumbup: 

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden