Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice * 3
    #19582399 -

I'm wanting to purchase the necessary plants and make the brew myself. So first question, are the plants legal in the USA? Is it legal to make the brew in the first place?

I'm wanting to make the brew for a group of people, and then ideally we would conduct the ritual in the way the Amazons would do it. So if anyone knows how they conduct their rituals, I would love to hear about that as well.

Also, where should I buy the plants from? How much will I need for one brew? And, is there anything else I should be aware of while leading a group of friends/family into hyperspace?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Psilosopherr] * 2
    #19582724 -

what do you think of this? the link below.

Like, sexual abstinence? I'd be down, but have you heard that before?


http://www.biopark.org/peru/sqcleansing-01.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Psilosopherr] * 2
    #19582735 -

You need to research and come back, don't expect someone to give you easy route lol

Good luck tho:)


--------------------

:mushroom2:**need a check up?**:aliendance: **im a Doctor**:mushroom2:
:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:
i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Psilosopherr] * 2
    #19582736 -

I dunno man might be wise to get someone uber knowledgable to do it if yall haven't smoked a bunch in the past (of dmt)

inb4 possible lock cuz sourcing

:Tastesgoodman:


--------------------
hmm...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Dr.Dankhead] * 2
    #19582778 -

Dr.Dankhead said:
You need to research and come back, don't expect someone to give you easy route lol

Good luck tho:)



I've read a fair amount about it. I realized too late that I wrote the OP too much like a noob asking for people to explain everything to him.

I just wanted to know what people here might have to say about it. Because the internet seems unclear/conflicting in some areas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Psilosopherr] * 2
    #19582801 -

rbalzer said:
Dr.Dankhead said:
You need to research and come back, don't expect someone to give you easy route lol

Good luck tho:)



I've read a fair amount about it. I realized too late that I wrote the OP too much like a noob asking for people to explain everything to him.

I just wanted to know what people here might have to say about it. Because the internet seems unclear/conflicting in some areas



Just have a good guide and it should go well IMO.


--------------------
hmm...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: CodeLion] * 2
    #19582836 -

what I would really love to find is exactly how they would go about doing it in the Amazon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Psilosopherr] * 2
    #19582845 -

Yea there legal. What I did was put a weigted amount in a coffee filter and tied them off with rubber bands.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #19583495 -

rbalzer said:
sexual abstinence?



shouldn't be a problem for you :lol:


--------------------

"They are trained to believe, not to know. Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous." Frank Herbert

Edited by V1rusH0st (02/19/14 06:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Psilosopherr] * 1
    #19584299 -

I've got about 2 oz of B. Caapi and 32g of P viridis. I plan on making my brew pretty soon, and probably on a day with a full moon.:werewolf:

I probably will have to quit taking my Remeron for at least a week before I partake.

I also plan on fasting for a day or 2 before I try it. I will be doing this with out a sitter as I think I can handle this.

Most of my tripping experiences have been solo, and I'm completely comfortable with this.

I do believe that Psychotria Viridis is not scheduled in the US but the DMT that it contains Is.:shrug:

Who else has experience with Ayahuasca?

I'd like to hear your comments...:wizard: . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Edited by vinsue (02/18/14 09:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: vinsue] * 1
    #19584302 -

Have not experienced it yet, but I plan to knock it off of the list this year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: vinsue] * 1
    #19584315 -

cultural ayahuasca is a dirty brew. neat rituals, but a dirty brew.



depending on what plant materials you're using, there are much easier ways to make aya, ways that dont make you purge.



but since you want to do it in a traditional way, have fun puking bro :hellokitty:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: vinsue] * 1
    #19584317 -

Neve had aya, but i respect you for taking that challenge.


I feel like the cleansing/purging process would not exactly be good for me while in the face of a 15-20 hour trip..

That full moon is gunna be schweet


--------------------

:mushroom2:**need a check up?**:aliendance: **im a Doctor**:mushroom2:
:bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2::bow2:
i sometimes wish I was a wormy, wiggling all in the cold dirt...tickle tackle pickle dickle think a mackshift thought of broken words broken gears and words of conundrums..I'm not a weiner doctor so take that shit to dr. Gonz free boob inplant consultations.. Photo required

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Salomon] * 1
    #19584362 -

Salomon said:
depending on what plant materials you're using, there are much easier ways to make aya, ways that dont make you purge.



but since you want to do it in a traditional way, have fun puking bro :hellokitty:



It's a curious thing how much of the purging is due to minor components of the herbs and how much is due to the psychoactives (DMT and harmalas) themselves.


Serotonin is normally  catabolized  in the  body  by MAO,  and  therefore the  MAO-
inhibitors,  such  as  the  harmala  alkaloids  present  in  ayahuasca,  would
lead  to  an  increase  in endogenous  serotonin  levels that  may  account  for
the  fact that  ayahuasca  takers  are  often remarkably  calm  and  unafraid
in  view  of  the  sometimes  terrifying  visions  that  they  are  confronting.
Serotonin  is  also  present  in  the  intestines  where  it  increases  intestinal
motility,  and  at  high  levels  can  induce  vomiting  and  diarrhea.  These
are  the  basis  for the  purging  action  of  ayahuasca,  which  is  also  known
among the mestizo healers  as la purga.


Ayahuasca: Sacred Vine of Spirits. Ralph Metzner (2006), p. 25
You can get that book on http://libgen.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: s240779] * 1
    #19584370 -

Cool I didn't know you could obtain the ingredients legally.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: s240779] * 1
    #19584416 -

Dr.Dankhead said:
Neve had aya, but i respect you for taking that challenge.


I feel like the cleansing/purging process would not exactly be good for me while in the face of a 15-20 hour trip..

That full moon is gunna be schweet



think more around 6-8 hours of tripping. ayahuasca dosent last that long.






Da2ra said:
It's a curious thing how much of the purging is due to minor components of the herbs and how much is due to the psychoactives (DMT and harmalas) themselves.


Serotonin is normally  catabolized  in the  body  by MAO,  and  therefore the  MAO-
inhibitors,  such  as  the  harmala  alkaloids  present  in  ayahuasca,  would
lead  to  an  increase  in endogenous  serotonin  levels that  may  account  for
the  fact that  ayahuasca  takers  are  often remarkably  calm  and  unafraid
in  view  of  the  sometimes  terrifying  visions  that  they  are  confronting.
Serotonin  is  also  present  in  the  intestines  where  it  increases  intestinal
motility,  and  at  high  levels  can  induce  vomiting  and  diarrhea.  These
are  the  basis  for the  purging  action  of  ayahuasca,  which  is  also  known
among the mestizo healers  as la purga.


Ayahuasca: Sacred Vine of Spirits. Ralph Metzner (2006), p. 25
You can get that book on http://libgen.org





the main thing that causes puking are all the tannins. same kinds of acids that are in coffee beans, and most plants. it's the reason why alot of the barks used for aya make great dyes with deep lasting colors. these acids are horrible on the stomache and digestive system.

another reason is that in traditional settings, there aren't exactly the most hygienic practices. so parasites and other such contaminates are present.

another reason is the heightened serotonin levels, as most of it's use in the intestines and such.

another is just how some people react to MAOIs.


i've made and consumed ayahuasca dozens of times, in several ways.


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Salomon] * 1
    #19585728 -

Yea nowhere close to 15-20 hours. Shit ripped my asshole open though for 3-4 hours definitely a lot more then I bargained for.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: Enjoywho]
    #19585760 -

Enjoywho said:
Yea nowhere close to 15-20 hours. Shit ripped my asshole open though for 3-4 hours definitely a lot more then I bargained for.



I heard it was like a walk in the park.


:Trollface:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: s240779]
    #19586254 -

Nevermind. You don't deserve my contribution. Forgot what a child you are.


--------------------

"They are trained to believe, not to know. Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous." Frank Herbert

Edited by V1rusH0st (02/19/14 06:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Time Ayahuasca brew, need advice [Re: V1rusH0st]
    #19586612 -

V1rusH0st said:
What Salomon said. I've done alot of oral huasca although eventually I switched to pharma with rue instead of caapi for maoi because pharma didn't make me purge which I didn't enjoy at all the first few times and rue is much quicker and easier to toss and wash than to spend a whole day brewing caapi. My longest experience lasted maybe 5-6 hours in total. Most lasted only 3-4 hours.



I feel that I have to use caapi because that is what the shamans claim is the plant the wisdom comes from. Not the plant that actually contains DMT, which always struck me as odd yet significant

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* has anyone ever tried a Ayahuasca brew?? willmafingerdo 1,958 14 08/20/11 08:02 PM
by ShamanWarrior
* Ayahuasca (D.M.T.) is the best drug ever!
( 1 2 all )
andylandy420 6,999 24 04/17/12 11:01 PM
by Jim
* Just took some Ayahuasca *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
silversoul7 4,148 55 10/23/04 09:32 PM
by Ripple
* Ayahuasca for the Pubbers....you've tried it? MOTH 2,177 18 08/26/04 09:25 PM
by MOTH
* Ayahuasca/Yage psilonaut1984 831 2 03/01/05 12:23 AM
by Vvellum
* Confession: I've been sleeping with Ayahuasca.
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,652 27 10/07/04 08:27 PM
by Psilygirl
* First time Ayahuasca.... MOTH 937 8 10/19/04 05:00 PM
by MOTH
* Ayahuasca Pictorial
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 3,444 23 12/21/13 11:41 AM
by gulper2323

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
965 topic views. 1 members, 170 guests and 195 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.