Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: topdog82]
    #19576890 -

microwave will work just fine, pour some olive oil in a bowl, put weed in, microwave...use a strainer, and voila.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #19576973 -

Well i guess thats my go to. I will throw them fuckers in capsules

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: FitzHughLudlow420]
    #19577367 -

FitzHughLudlow420 said:
i hear its possible to swallow a ball of raw hash and get high. has anyone actually tried this tho?

i personally believe its possible if you take enough but whats your guys opinion on this?



Yes it is possible.  I find it to be more sedating feeling than smoking depending on the dose.

as far as heating it before consuming,  I always use to think it was necessary, but Ive found it to be active even with out heating.  this includes bho oil and bubble hash.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: topdog82]
    #19577389 -

topdog82 said:
SpecialEd said:
make butter with it or something, if it's that gross you don't want to eat it.



I figure I could but I would have to have an oven. I dont have too much cooking supplies. I am in a dorm room lol



Do you have a stovetop or hot plate? You can always make canna-oil by sauteing your weed for about 15 minutes on med-high heat in a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of canola oil.

I'm sure the microwave with butter works too, but I've never done it so I don't know how long you should nuke it for.

Please don't eat it "raw" man. That's nasty. :peace:


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: FlusH]
    #19577465 -

FlusH said:
FitzHughLudlow420 said:
i hear its possible to swallow a ball of raw hash and get high. has anyone actually tried this tho?

i personally believe its possible if you take enough but whats your guys opinion on this?



Yes it is possible.  I find it to be more sedating feeling than smoking depending on the dose.

as far as heating it before consuming,  I always use to think it was necessary, but Ive found it to be active even with out heating.  this includes bho oil and bubble hash.




that's what I found, and lol at the people earlier thinking you would need to eat 3 or 4 grams to have an effect.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #19577490 -

SpecialEd said:
FlusH said:
FitzHughLudlow420 said:
i hear its possible to swallow a ball of raw hash and get high. has anyone actually tried this tho?

i personally believe its possible if you take enough but whats your guys opinion on this?



Yes it is possible.  I find it to be more sedating feeling than smoking depending on the dose.

as far as heating it before consuming,  I always use to think it was necessary, but Ive found it to be active even with out heating.  this includes bho oil and bubble hash.




that's what I found, and lol at the people earlier thinking you would need to eat 3 or 4 grams to have an effect.



I always wondered if the stuff about needing to heat cannabis to 'activate' it was a stoner myth...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: drr]
    #19577525 -

drr said:
SpecialEd said:
FlusH said:
FitzHughLudlow420 said:
i hear its possible to swallow a ball of raw hash and get high. has anyone actually tried this tho?

i personally believe its possible if you take enough but whats your guys opinion on this?



Yes it is possible.  I find it to be more sedating feeling than smoking depending on the dose.

as far as heating it before consuming,  I always use to think it was necessary, but Ive found it to be active even with out heating.  this includes bho oil and bubble hash.




that's what I found, and lol at the people earlier thinking you would need to eat 3 or 4 grams to have an effect.



I always wondered if the stuff about needing to heat cannabis to 'activate' it was a stoner myth...



It's basic chemistry...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #19577543 -

Well within the very quote you've nested are two people who have personal experience that says otherwise, is all I'm saying

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: drr]
    #19577556 -

drr said:
SpecialEd said:
FlusH said:
FitzHughLudlow420 said:
i hear its possible to swallow a ball of raw hash and get high. has anyone actually tried this tho?

i personally believe its possible if you take enough but whats your guys opinion on this?



Yes it is possible.  I find it to be more sedating feeling than smoking depending on the dose.

as far as heating it before consuming,  I always use to think it was necessary, but Ive found it to be active even with out heating.  this includes bho oil and bubble hash.




that's what I found, and lol at the people earlier thinking you would need to eat 3 or 4 grams to have an effect.



I always wondered if the stuff about needing to heat cannabis to 'activate' it was a stoner myth...



I still think it's somewhat of a myth despite a couple people here saying it worked for them. SpecialEd is the first person I've ever heard say that it works just as well as smoking it (although feels a bit different). Maybe it depends on the person, and how their body metabolizes it.

I only say this because of one of my friend's experience. About 10 years ago he ate a full 8th of some pretty good buds, and absolutely nothing happened except his stomach feeling a bit weird.
 
This can also be proven by some pretty rudimentary science. In order for THCA to be converted to THC (meaning the active compounds cross the blood brain barrier) it needs to be decarboxylized (heated). Now as someone pointed out here earlier, weed can be decarboxylized in the body very slowly leading to a very faint feeling of being high. Even that way the member here needed 3 grams to feel it.

So yea..maybe SpecialEd is an exception to the rule, but I remain very skeptical.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: FitzHughLudlow420]
    #19577872 -

Most hash is already decarboxylated. As a matter a fact, there's a lot of myth to the idea that weed needs to be decaboxylated. It does need to be decarboxylated, but any weed that is fully dehydrated is already decarboxylated (however, a lot of weed, at least in my experience, is sold not fully dehydrated.)

Another thing that creates confusion about this issue is that cannabinoids have a very low oral bioavailability. This contributes to the rumor that swallowing hash doesn't work.

Another thing that contributes to this rumor is that if straight cannabis is chewed and swallowed, I think a lot of the cannabinoids will be trapped up in the plant cellulose, lowering the bioavailability even further.


There are several ways to decarboxylate marijuana for use in extracts. A layer of marijuana buds or leaf can be placed in an oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes. This is far below the boiling point of THC yet warm enough to evaporate the carboxyl group.

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3037.html


Decarbing can be done via freeze-drying: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Number/18440910/vc/1



Edited by s240779 (02/17/14 01:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: s240779]
    #19577876 -

especially being very high on meth, i'd only need to eat a little bit of hash to start getting badass psychedelic effects, and general weed relief....like I said a gram was lasting me 5 days or more of eating and occasionally taking a rip here and there.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #19578863 -

Great post Da2ra. :thumbup:

Now I finally know exactly if weed and/or hash is active when injested orally.

I've been curious about this for so many years, and have always heard different opinions from different people. Thanks.


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: kr0nik0]
    #19578970 -

Never tried eating straight hash but I have eaten hash oil capsules many times and they're nice.
I've seen and taken a lot of hash pills, keif capsules and even some that looked like ground bud over the years and all of them have worked great.
I think they heat up the hash and add lecithins or some type of oil but I'm pretty sure if you eat a chunk of straight hash it will do the job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: Murph]
    #19579026 -

Jim Morrison did it once and fucked a concert up because it was too strong
:flyhigh:


--------------------
:tee::tee:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: dicodin]
    #19579134 -

@kr0nik0, glad I was able to give you some insight. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: s240779]
    #19579223 -

I've yet to eat raw hash but I have eaten a nug of some dank lol. I didn't feel high but I do have a high tolerance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: dabking710]
    #19579374 -

I think that it really depends on the method of making hash

Wax and oil need heat as part of the extraction process to remove solvent. I assume you could eat it and get baked. And some water hashes probably could not be eaten


i recently got offered imported hash (i live in US, so this was the first time I am ever heard of this). It appreantly comes from morrocco. I got $10 of nepalese and $10 of morroccan

I read online that the morroccans use a filter to beat the kief out of weed they grow, and then press it into hash. I assume this hash would not get me high

Whereas nepalese hash apparently gets you zooted. I assume that heat is used in the extraction process, and that it is different extraction than the morrocan. I did some online research on both hashes shortly after buying a tiny amount and found all this out

Also, I think that weed decarboxilates over time. I made firecrackers a couple times and sometimes in the oven and sometimes without. It being heated easily doubled or tripled, maybe quadrupled the potency

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: topdog82]
    #19579405 -

If it is possible to get high eating raw hash which ive tried with no luck you wouldnave to eat a fucking ton. You would get waaaay higher smoking it or cooking it into butter.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: topdog82]
    #19579418 -

topdog82 said:
Wax and oil need heat as part of the extraction process to remove solvent. I assume you could eat it and get baked. And some water hashes probably could not be eaten



Weed is not heat-activated! Read my post above as well as the Shroomery link therein.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone ever tried eating raw hash? [Re: s240779]
    #19580985 -

Da2ra said:
Most hash is already decarboxylated. As a matter a fact, there's a lot of myth to the idea that weed needs to be decaboxylated. It does need to be decarboxylated, but any weed that is fully dehydrated is already decarboxylated (however, a lot of weed, at least in my experience, is sold not fully dehydrated.)

Another thing that creates confusion about this issue is that cannabinoids have a very low oral bioavailability. This contributes to the rumor that swallowing hash doesn't work.

Another thing that contributes to this rumor is that if straight cannabis is chewed and swallowed, I think a lot of the cannabinoids will be trapped up in the plant cellulose, lowering the bioavailability even further.


There are several ways to decarboxylate marijuana for use in extracts. A layer of marijuana buds or leaf can be placed in an oven at 150 degrees for 15 minutes. This is far below the boiling point of THC yet warm enough to evaporate the carboxyl group.

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3037.html


Decarbing can be done via freeze-drying: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Number/18440910/vc/1






Somebody should just sticky this or something for all of the oral cannabis questions, great post

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Okay eating raw shiitake? Arp 461 0 03/04/05 10:40 AM
by Arp
* Is it gross that I'm sitting here eating coconut out of a ba
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,335 21 05/19/04 06:39 PM
by wandrnshaman
* Why don't more people eat bud?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 5,654 20 07/02/03 04:03 PM
by Boppity604
* Raw foodism and athletic pursuits Squatting_Otter 906 3 02/21/04 09:37 AM
by Squatting_Otter
* If I ate this much hash trendalM 1,193 13 02/26/05 05:02 AM
by CallyMop
* decarboxylation -- Tryptophan -----> Tryptamine wietstocker 1,188 7 03/10/06 01:50 PM
by wietstocker
* What should I eat after a 3 day fast?
( 1 2 all )
Mojo_Risin 11,396 33 06/02/04 04:51 PM
by RuNE
* First time hash make- super stoned- reveiw of ice hash method- need advice on stoarage as well
( 1 2 all )
2Experimental 7,546 24 10/26/04 08:28 AM
by baraka

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,738 topic views. 7 members, 14 guests and 151 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.