Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

"shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered * 2
    #19253450 - 12/10/13 02:35 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

This shit is fucking disgusting. What backwards Liberal (not 'american' liberal) fuckwits thought this bulshit up.

You swim in the fucking ocean you take the fucking risk of being eaten by a shark. spending 20 million dollars on killing endangered species that come to a coastline in their natural habitat is fucking bullshit.

have a look at some of the bullshit in this article, these people have their heads in their asses

Quote:

Shark strategy: baited drum lines and killing zones near popular beaches after fatal attacks
Updated 20 minutes ago

A great white shark takes a bite from a bait
PHOTO: A Great White shark takes a bite out of a bait off the coast. (file)
(User submitted: Robbie Graham)
MAP: Perth 6000
A new strategy to reduce fatal shark attacks is being implemented in Western Australia with baits being set and killing zones designated near popular beaches.

The State Government is creating zones along beaches in Perth and the South West where sharks will be considered an imminent threat, and killed.

The measures follow six fatal attacks by sharks in WA in two years.

Fisheries Minister Troy Buswell outlined how drum lines will be set up one kilometre from the shores of the designated areas.

He says commercial fishers will be hired to catch and kill sharks, bigger than three metres, which enter the zones.

"The drum lines should be effective in catching sharks and it's my view if we're catching sharks that are, or are about to be in close proximity to beaches, then by extension we're making those beaches safer," he said.

Protesters call for sharks to be respected and protected

Mr Buswell rejected suggestions it is a culling policy.

But a shark policy expert, Christopher Neff from the University of Sydney, is adamant it is culling.

Protest against tougher shark control policy at WA's Parliament House.

And, he also says there is no evidence to suggest baited hook lines actually improve the safety of beaches.

"I think it's an unfortunate policy," he said.

"This is a culling tool that is used to kill sharks and reduce populations, that is by definition culling."

A small but passionate group protested against the tougher policies at State Parliament.

The president of the Western Australians for Shark Conservation, Ross Weir, says sharks should not be killed.

"It has been proven that taking individual Great White sharks has a detrimental effect, and a serious effect, on this endangered species," he said.

Sea Shepherd's Australian director Jeff Hansen says his group will be checking the legalities around the protected species.

"The reality is an ocean without sharks is a planet without people. We need sharks for our survival and we need to give them the respect they deserve."
Jeff Hansen
He says Great Whites are a vulnerable and endangered species.

"The reality is an ocean without sharks is a planet without people," he said.

"We need sharks for our survival and we need to give them the respect they deserve for our kids and their kids."

Strategy aims to minimise risk, not remove it

Shark attack victim Chris Boyd

The latest death occurred when surfer Chris Boyd was attacked at Gracetown in the state's South West last month.

Tom Innes, a committee member of the Margaret River Boardrider Club, said at the time that reducing the number of bigger sharks will reduce the risk of further attacks.

"I think it's undeniable, the facts are there that sharks are increasing in numbers, they're attacking more people than they used to, there's obviously more sharks in the water and more aggressive larger sharks that feed on mammals and large prey out there," he said.

"So in order to reduce the risk of further attacks I think these larger sharks need to be reduced in number."

The Premier Colin Barnett says the new measures will improve public safety.

"These new initiatives come on top of a raft of measures like increased aerial surveillance, beach patrols, shark tagging and a trial of a shark enclosure in the South-West," he said.

"We are aware of the risks sharks pose to our beach users and we are implementing strategies to reduce these risks.

"But whatever the State Government does to try to minimise the risk there are still no guarantees; it is very important for [people] to always be aware of the risks of entering the water and to take responsibility for themselves."

The metro zone will stretch from Quinn's in the north to Warnbro in the south, while the South West zone will cover Forrest Beach to Prevelly near Margaret River.

The WA Government has allocated more than $20 million over four years to 2015-16 for shark hazard mitigation strategies.

The Federal Government has been consulted about the measures as Great White sharks are a protected species.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-10/protesters-oppose-tougher-shark-policy/5147288

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineThe Vapor
Lost In A Tea Daze

Loc: Misty Mountains, B.C. Flag
Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: indica]
    #19253461 - 12/10/13 02:38 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

"I think it's undeniable, the facts are there that sharks are increasing in numbers, they're attacking more people than they used to, there's obviously more sharks in the water and more aggressive larger sharks that feed on mammals and large prey out there," he said.

I'm sure hes an expert lol.

Meanwhile how many sharks are killed for soup each year, and he says their numbers are going up...

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: The Vapor]
    #19253502 - 12/10/13 02:50 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

this stuff has kind of been in the pipes for a while now but fuck it makes me see white. such a short sighted backwards scared-little-boy conservative train of thought. absolute fucking morons. how the fuck can they possibly think this is a good idea?

Offlineandrewmurray86
Θεολογος
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hunter Valley, NSW Flag
Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: indica]
    #19253603 - 12/10/13 03:24 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

This has been around for a while hasn't it?

I find it most interesting that shark attack victims are usually out there fighting against any cull, even families of people who have been killed say things like "we don't want a shark hunt" or "please do not begin killing sharks".

Young bloke near me (well nearer than WA) in Coffs Harbour got attacked recently...

These are the risks you take with the ocean and I think people know and respect that.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: andrewmurray86]
    #19253618 - 12/10/13 03:31 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

yeah but a backwards liberal government thats scared of the world around it has akneejerk reaction of "just kill everything everywhere"

Offlineandrewmurray86
Θεολογος
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19253650 - 12/10/13 03:45 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I know bruz :frown: We have liberal government here. It seems that they have jerked their knees when they were elected and are now just content to do nothing at all.

On a slightly different note:
My folks live in Freo... beautiful part of the world over your way!

I spent some time in Hilarys/Duncraig between 96-98

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: andrewmurray86]
    #19253655 - 12/10/13 03:47 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

i dont live in WA. I live in tassie now.

But yeah freo is pretty good spot to visit. dont know if i could live there.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#19253730 - 12/10/13 04:23 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

In Australia, the term liberalism refers to centre-right economic liberalism. Party ideology has therefore been referred to as liberalism, distinct from its meaning in some countries, but also as conservatism, which features strongly in party ideology. There have however long been party members who practice economic or classical liberalism without features of social conservatism, often referred to as 'small-l liberals'.[1]

I've never been so confused in my life.  I give up on politics for good from this point forward.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #19253745 - 12/10/13 04:29 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

the liberal party seems to be getting further right and more deeply engorged in ridiculous psuedo-catholic ideaology as a base for its bullshit policies and ignorant dictatorship of the country

My girlfriend's grandmother, who is like in her 70's, has said she has never in her life so violently hated any politician than she has our current prime minister, and also has never actually wished violence upon any politician until now.

that's saying something

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#19253767 - 12/10/13 04:39 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It is just crazy how you can call any belief system liberal or conservative depending on what you compare it to.  Politicians love words that mean absolutely nothing.

Offlineandrewmurray86
Θεολογος
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19253772 - 12/10/13 04:41 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it bugs me a lot that some of the Lib MP's (Scott Morrison as one example) call themselves Christian but really do not display any actually Christ-likeness (small side rant for me being a Christian... yes I'm pro evolution/gay-marriage/euthanasia and I love Jesus too! Who knew??)

I am drastically anti our current government. I really hope they are voted out next election. I get angry watching anything they do/say...

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#19253788 - 12/10/13 04:50 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Here's another one:

""IN A hardline Australian first, environmental protesters who enter Tasmanian workplaces will face mandatory jail terms under a Liberal government.

In a key platform of the Liberals' forestry policy, ``illegal'' protesters would also be hit with $10,000 on-the-spot fines - a 26-fold increase - for ``invading'' a workplace.

Under the crackdown, corporations that ``incite or encourage this illegal behaviour'' would attract fines of up to $100,000.

Kick-starting his party's election campaign yesterday, Opposition Leader Will Hodgman said: ``We will send a very clear and strong message to people who engage in illegal protests and who cost Tasmanians jobs.

``Under the Liberals there will be no get-out-of-jail-free card if you repeatedly invade a workplace.''

The tough law-and-order stance comes just months out from the next state election.

It also coincides with the federal government's reaffirmed pledge to unwind the landmark Tasmanian forest peace deal that was meant to end three decades of forestry warfare.

Under the protest policy, first-time offenders who enter or impede access to a workplace will face on-the-spot fines of $10,000.

Second-time offenders will serve three-month mandatory jail terms at a minimum.

Fines of up to $50,000 and five years' jail could be slapped on protesters who damage property.

Environmental organisations that encourage such behaviour could face a crippling $250,000 fine. ""

From The Examiner.

Locking people up for protesting logging ancient old growth forests. Great

Oh and now in Qld they're going to start dumping dredging waste on the great barrier reef. seriously what in the fuck is happening?!"

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#19253789 - 12/10/13 04:50 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I seriously hope all their wives and mothers get cervical cancer.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: indica] * 1
    #19253793 - 12/10/13 04:52 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

This idea is absolutely absurd, it boggles my mind that things like this get implemented.

Offlineandrewmurray86
Θεολογος
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: Tantrika]
    #19253815 - 12/10/13 05:12 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Have you seen what Campbell Newman is doing in QLD?

This is looking like the govt from V for Vendetta

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#19253817 - 12/10/13 05:15 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

call greg hunt's office : 0262777920

ring him and tell him to jump off a fucking cliff the lowlife maggot sell out piece of shit.

Offlineelborito
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Obscure
    #19253829 - 12/10/13 05:23 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

What the actual fuck...:doublefacepalm:

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: "shark cull" in western australia to improve "public safety" - fuckwit LNP govt needs to be murdered [Re: elborito] * 1
    #19253830 - 12/10/13 05:26 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

sorry greg hunt is the 'minister for environment' and approved the dumping of dredging waste on great barrier reef, had nothing to do with shark cull in WA

Offlineandrewmurray86
Θεολογος
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #19253879 - 12/10/13 06:09 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I think it would be easier to name the things the federal govt HASN'T ruined in principle or actual policy than the things it has ruined.

For WA I think you want Troy Buswell (5th on the list) his details are there but I think he is handing on the fisheries portfolio tomorrow, not sure who picks it up..

link is here

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#19253883 - 12/10/13 06:16 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

just seems like everywhere you look, shit is just crumbling.

i wish death upon them all. people say violence isnt the answer, but i think in this case it's the only really practical solution to wipe these maggots from existence.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order