Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: What was the general public & media reaction when LSD started to become known? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4756641 - 10/04/05 10:24 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Of course unconditional love is more important than drugs. My point is that the only way humans can develop that kind of consciousness is through an accelerated shift in consciousness via the use of psychedelic type drugs and marijuana.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (10/04/05 10:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: What was the general public & media reaction when LSD started to become known? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4756659 - 10/04/05 10:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
You should rely on drugs to do what mother nature failed at!

You should rely on your car to do what mother nature failed at.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: What was the general public & media reaction when LSD started to become known? [Re: Learyfan]
    #4756692 - 10/04/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Kill myself via green house gases?

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What was the general public & media reaction when LSD started to become known? [Re: Learyfan]
    #4756703 - 10/04/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Accelerated? Have you never met someone that takes drugs and hates on everything more than when they're sober?

All the key figures in the sixties realized drugs aren't the path to enlightenment.

Alan Watts, Richard Albert, and of course, Hunter.

--------------------

Edited by HELLA_TIGHT (10/04/05 10:35 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#4756727 - 10/04/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

You were being sarcastic about using LSD to "do what mother nature failed at", right? I was trying to make the point that you use technology all of the time in your own life and that it doesn't mean that mother nature has failed.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756740 - 10/04/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

No, I was being serious.

If human/mother nature won't make us love each other, I don't see how drugs will. They'll work for some people, but not enough to change the world.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#4756778 - 10/04/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Oops, accelerated. Watts and Albert? Whatever, they both recognize how important psychedelics are to human evolution. Where did you get that from?

It doesn't matter. I'm tired of arguing about it. The human race has chosen to commit suicide. I don't want to ruin it for you guys.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4756781 - 10/04/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
If human/mother nature won't make us love each other, I don't see how drugs will.

Sounds like someone who hasn't done much ecstacy.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What was the general public & media reaction when LSD started to become known? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4756795 - 10/04/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I've done my fair share.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756798 - 10/04/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Suffering is inevitable, but misery is optional. Many of us, I believe, lead a life much better than those in the Third World Countries. However, we are still dissatisfied. There are things abound that we find imperfect or painful, and so suffering arises. We seldom see that what we have is already enough to give us the comfort that we need.

Some rejecters of Buddhism stop at the First Noble Truth (Life is full of dissatisfactions)-proclaiming the Buddha to be pessimistic and brooding over suffering. However, we as Buddhists know that there is the Fourth Noble Truth-the way out! While the Buddha teaches us to be content, to treasure what we have, we are not expected to stop at agreeing with the First Noble Truth-true and total happiness is possible.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756800 - 10/04/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I guess that doesn't really apply, but it makes me feel better.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756807 - 10/04/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Don't think of spiritual improvement as something obscure.
If you think of it as something obscure,
ignorance is obscuring you.

So what is spiritual improvement?
It is becoming a kinder person.
It is becoming a wiser person.

To improve spiritually is
to be kind enough to want to help all,
and to be wise enough to be able to help all.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756816 - 10/04/05 10:54 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

The Truth is what you know. If you do not know it, you only choose to believe in something that might, or might not be the Truth. Be without choosing. Why play the guessing game? A correct guessing is still only a guessing. To be Enlightened is to be "choicelessly knowing," with no alternative knowledge or doubt. Be in the light. Know the Truth. Don't just agree with the Enlightened; become Enlightened.

^_^

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#4756830 - 10/04/05 10:57 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
If human/mother nature won't make us love each other, I don't see how drugs will.

No one is going to make us do anything. We have free choice to live our lives in any way we wish. The human race as a whole needs to reevaluate it's priorities. It will eventually come to the conclusion that love is the answer. The only way to do this is through a lot of people using mind expanding drugs and living more peaceful lives.

Quote:

They'll work for some people, but not enough to change the world.

Legalized psychedelic drugs would cause a revolution that would snowball into world peace. There's no way I can prove it to you. You'll see when we're dead. Love was the answer. Oh well, next time maybe. Anyway, this is depressing to think about. I'm done for now.....

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756837 - 10/04/05 10:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

What about all the research chems? Those are easily found.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756858 - 10/04/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Anyway, this is depressing to think about.

Don't be depressed!

I seriously believe that the way to Buddhahood is the process of trying hard to be more and more Human, with the belief that a truly good Human is one perfect in thought, word and deed. To be a good Human is to become very Humane. And history tells us that there was no one ever as Humane as the Buddha in the name of His limitless Compassion and Wisdom. When many of us Buddhists talk about aspiring to become a Buddha, we often think about it in the sense that a Buddha is a very transcendental being totally different from us Human Beings. Here is the good news: let's be reminded that Buddhas were Humans. But out of great Compassion for Humanity, these "ordinary" Humans became the most extraordinary beings. They became Buddhas-perfected Human Beings, living examples for all to see. And it is only because they became perfected Human Beings, so perfect that they transcend the most of ordinary Humanity, that we call them by another name all together-Buddhas. Not God, not angel, not human-but Buddha (The Awakened One). Buddhahood-so far yet not so far... it is from this Human realm that we transform to be Buddhas. Might take a long time, so keep transforming and may we leap the line soon, changing our labels. Human to Buddha. May all Humans aspire towards Buddhahood.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4756896 - 10/04/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I resolve to do it all little by little. I'm referring to walking my spiritual path. No, don't get me wrong, I'm not being lazy or procrastinating. I hereby resolve to, everyday:

1. Meditate a little (fifteen minutes to an hour)
2. Chant a little (Morning Puja and Evening Puja on the bus to and from work)
3. Reflect a little (realise one important thing a day, like this realisation!)
4. Help a little (make sure my day brings joy to at least one person)
5. Study a little (studying Dharma books before I go to bed and in my spare time)

Yes, little by little, here and there, I will work towards Enlightenment. I will saturate my everyday life with Dharma and be ever mindful. Steady, steady! Don't ever get burnt out spiritually! There is nothing as terrible as that! The rabbit didn't win the race. The tortoise was slow but steady, and he persevered humbly, realistically.

--------------------

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

#4758131 - 10/05/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Personally I like Storming Heaven better than Acid Dreams.

But to answer your question, the general public, or rather those that knew about acid and psychdealic in general were general open minded and accepting of the substances. Untill of course the meida got hold of it, arguably the combination of Leary and Kesey may have possibly ruined LSD's future, at least i am sure Huxley would have thought so.

But really the media + goverment demonized it, so that by the time small town usa even saw LSD the people were already biased, and the kids were already interested.

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4760274 - 10/05/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

leery11 said:
When LSD was still legal, where did people get it from? Was it in blotter form, or did that only start when it became illegal. Who sold it?

You could order it straight from Sandoz Pharmaceuticals in Basel, Switzerland if you didn't know someone who had it. It was legal until October 6, 1966.

Quote:

Were doses regulated and known to everyone? Because Leary recommends 70ug while listening to his turn on, tune in and drop out album, if I recommend correctly. Could you just go out and buy stuff and know the exact dosage like that?

Good question. I assume people who had vials of Sandoz LSD just estimated?

Where does Leary recommend listening to "TOTIDO" on 70ug of LSD? I had never heard that before. Which "TOTIDO" album are you referring to, the soundtrack or the ESP label album?

I really don't know... I read it somewhere... maybe it was in the psychedelic experience..... I just recall him stating that 70ug was a good dose for his guided ego loss, or for attaining the bardo states... or something. He listed relative doses for shrooms too if I remember right.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4760286 - 10/05/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Of course unconditional love is more important than drugs. My point is that the only way humans can develop that kind of consciousness is through an accelerated shift in consciousness via the use of psychedelic type drugs and marijuana.

Or through MEDITATION and hard work?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder