Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19235095 -

Yeah, I mean they are completely different mediums.. I was just saying that they do much better portraying the things illustrated in the book.. Having the feel of them and the characters seeming exactly like how they read and looked on paper. They are much better then most adaptions in that regard.

Sin City wasn't as good as being true to the graphic novels as the other two.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19235123 -

oh i see. it was more stylized i guess.

i'll have to see if this V for Vendetta was any good, i never really gave it a chance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19235125 -

I love V for Vendetta man.. That shit is great. It's a little slow but I really like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19235133 -

I probably have about a 100 from a small collection I started in the early 90's.  I have lots of Image comics (Spawn, youngblood).

Almost 25 years later and they're worth pretty much nothing at all.  They're selling cheaper on ebay than what I paid for them almost 25 years ago.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19235145 -

LordSenate said:
I love V for Vendetta man.. That shit is great. It's a little slow but I really like it.



there was a time when i virtually would not care to watch any new movies because they supposedly sucked, but after since District 9, i've been trying to keep more of an open mind with newer movies.

still seen too many shlockfests though, but i've been wrong plenty of times already now, with movies i thought would be ridiculous and never gave a chance before.

i'll have to accept your recommendation... shit, the movie must be famous for a reason, and honestly before today, i didn't know it was from any kind of book... that changes the game a little... means it wasn't just propped up by a studio for a "message movie" about "corruption"... means there is more of a point to it then that, at least in terms of artistic value.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19235149 -

I'm trying to think of some others but my brain is drawin blanks right now lol.

The Watchmen is fucked up because the "heroes" are all messed up in one way or another.. Never seen the  "Good" guys be sorta bad at least not like that.. its a crazy movie.

V for Vendetta is bad ass just because of the setting and the main character is a bad ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19235221 -

yeah the character is based off that anarchist guy in France, right? that guy was pretty fucked up from what i read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19235272 -



This is the only comic I got. Pretty sure it's worthless.


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: CosmicFool]
    #19235290 -

I love old comic books.  I don't see myself buying more, but I love to watch shows about comics.  Comic Book guys is great.  You might want to check out Collection Intervention about people with out of control collections.  I just started watching it.  I haven't seen one all about comics on there yet, but there have been comic related episodes. 
















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19235743 -

Niffla said:


This is the only comic I got. Pretty sure it's worthless.



Its DEFINITELY worthless.. Ill give you 1,000 bucks for it:grin:

And how come people are calling the show Comic Book GUYS? Not that it makes a difference but isnt it called Comic Book Men?


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: danlennon3]
    #19235819 -

akira_akuma said:
Graphic Novel's are Comics, i think



Graphic Novels or Trade Paperbacks
are a collection of comics bound together like a book

I made this thread last night before I went to bed,
I'm a bit surprised by the feedback
I'm also a bit surprised by the lack of support for the big 2 (marvel & DC)


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19235941 -

akira_akuma said:
Graphic Novel's are Comics, i think... they're mega comics that kick the usual comics ass.



yeah, karen berger (i think that's her name) of dc coined the term in order to reach out to adult audiences. it's all comics.

i read a fairly ridiculous amount to begin with, but i love reading comics on my tablet. better than hardcopy imo. you can load them up back to back and just rip through a whole series. they also look better and you can read them in the dark.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: danlennon3]
    #19236391 -

I want that X-Men you have, Dan.  The best comic I have is probably Spiderman 31 (?) which is the fist appearance of Rhino.  But it aint signed by Stan Lee.


















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: Learyfan]
    #19259352 -

does anyone know if there is a way to subscribe to comics?
like if I wanted the new issue each month could I get them sent to my house like a magazine


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: CosmicFool]
    #19260148 -

i have a good bit of comics. Most are spawn. I havn't kept up with spawn in about a year but i definitely should it was one of those comics that always kept my attention.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: danlennon3]
    #19260834 -

danlennon3 said:
Niffla said:


This is the only comic I got. Pretty sure it's worthless.



Its DEFINITELY worthless.. Ill give you 1,000 bucks for it:grin:

And how come people are calling the show Comic Book GUYS? Not that it makes a difference but isnt it called Comic Book Men?



This thread got me curious the other day so I went to Ebay and went looking for Spider-Man #1's. They actually had one for a flat thousand bucks that was in pretty poor condition, but I guess just actually having a copy of the first issue would be pretty cool in itself.

They also had one that was in near mint condition...and that one was going for 30K.

:whatwhatwhat:


--------------------
:niffla:

ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ACTOR
WG32 KILLED HOFFA
PROFESSIONAL BALL BUFFERER
WORST NEIGHBORHOOD YARD OF 2026 WINNER
OTD’S FORMER PRODIGAL SON
TODAY IS BEER DAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: CosmicFool]
    #19260908 -

I'm ashamed to admit I've never once owned a comic book, to the best of my knowledge.


I'd love to pick up The Walking Dead and Kick-ass, considering many people claim that the comics are better than the respective TV and movie series.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: CosmicFool]
    #19260957 -

CosmicFool said:
does anyone know if there is a way to subscribe to comics?
like if I wanted the new issue each month could I get them sent to my house like a magazine



I'm sure you still can.  I used to have them delivered to me in the 80's once upon a time. 

















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: Learyfan]
    #19262151 -

if you have a tablet you can buy them instantly through the dark horse app. it's a huge online store with great selection.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: millzy]
    #19263287 -

That would be funny if somehow the app version of the comics became valuable down the road. 
















--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psycadelic comic book of the senses! Flashback 1,062 9 07/19/05 01:55 PM
by BloodNOil
* !-!Books!-! PiperAtThyGates 496 3 02/23/05 04:18 PM
by Gog
* Anyone read the Wheel of Time series? ... and other book adventures
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,915 42 10/01/05 10:23 AM
by MovingTarget
* Need a New Book LethalX5 2,026 18 04/21/05 11:27 AM
by MOTH
* Comics YouEnjoyMyself 674 6 08/16/03 05:57 PM
by Zwieback0
* The Watchmen was better than The Dark Knight
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FeedingMyDreams 5,218 64 07/24/09 05:15 AM
by FeedingMyDreams
* Arachnophobia?? -(Very Graphic Pic's)-
( 1 2 all )
SouthPArk 4,006 24 07/03/05 06:52 AM
by GulGen
* A contest in graphic design, winner gets their design printed
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ZippoZM 13,996 69 12/24/05 05:26 PM
by lemon_lw

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,858 topic views. 3 members, 74 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 18 queries.