Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
P. Stipticus primordia
    #19232177 -

I have a few test cultures of P. stipticus growing on aspen in 16 oz deli containers. They are fully colonized and healthy. They have clusters of small primordia showing but seem to be taking a while to grow to maturity.

Temperatures are in the 70's during the day and high 60's at night. Humidity is in the 80's.

It is common for P. stipticus to take a while to grow mature mushrooms?

I have looked up some reasons for slow primordia growth for P. stipticus and have only been able to find that water content seems to play a factor in it.

I was hoping I could get some advice from more experienced people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Stipticus primordia [Re: katbusa]
    #19233523 -

They like it a little cooler.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Stipticus primordia [Re: falcon]
    #19233592 -

Ok that is a start Ill drop the temps by 5deg slowly to see what happens.
So far they have been in the FC for 3 weeks and this is what I have so far. Don't mind my mess. This FC was literally just thrown together. I have used it a few times but it needs to be tuned. For now it seems to be working.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Stipticus primordia [Re: katbusa]
    #19234349 -

In the wild they can go from pin to mature in a weeks time. I haven't played around too much with fruiting them inside yet. I think that in imperfect conditions they will stall for a bit before continuing growth. I have seen completely dry fruits come back to life after a good rain and begin dropping spores again. I think that if you tweak the fruiting environment you can dial it in to the needs of the mushroom. If you can try to get the temperatures in the 50s to 60s.  They grew early this year when the temps were 70s in the day and 60s at night, but I think they were triggered by a week long cold snap.


--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: P. Stipticus primordia [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #19234610 -

Back when I was in the Boyscouts in the mid '90's we took our yearly trip to the ohiopyle and stayed at the Heritage Boyscout camp. This was in late August. After a really wet day and partial rain early evening we decided to play tag in the wooded area no too far from the camp. There was glow in the dark fungus all over everything to the point you could make the outline of fallen trees and standing trees everywhere. I believe this was P.stipticus. From what I remember the temperature was on the cool side. I have a cool greenhouse for some of my plants. I think I might put the FC out there in a shady location to see what happens.

I'm glad you brought that up cloudy because I would of forgotten about the temperature from that night. What I saw that night is the reason why I jumped on buying these glowing little beauties.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* still no primordia on oysters drpilzenstein 813 2 04/10/05 04:01 PM
by drpilzenstein
* primordia bik123 2,331 13 10/07/10 03:24 PM
by solumvita
* Pleurotus eryngii - Primordia? primordius77 3,012 10 06/09/08 01:59 PM
by primordius77
* miatake primordia formation? makaveli8x8 948 3 06/29/06 03:15 PM
by makaveli8x8
* reishi primordia melted :( x7x_x7x 1,906 4 09/14/08 03:35 PM
by x7x_x7x
* Reishi Primordia? (Pics)
( 1 2 all )
Basidiocarp 6,061 22 03/17/06 06:13 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Shitake primordia or too much bran Mikeallojee 958 12 04/22/10 03:39 PM
by Mikeallojee
* Ganoderma lucidum - contam or primordia? casgoodie 1,150 9 02/14/08 06:50 PM
by SheikCorp

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
648 topic views. 0 members, 11 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.