Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Comic Books * 1
    #19234275 -



I've been watching Comic Book Guys on netflix
and it has really rekindled my interest in comic books
and was wondering if anyone on the shroomery was into them

I've always had a small collection growing up but not much more then a few scattered issues
in my late teens I expanded my collection and filled in the missing spots with Spawn 1-100
now I'm looking to get some of the early TMNT but I also picked up a few trade paperbacks of green lantern and batman

I'm hesitant to get into the really well established heroes because I know I'll never get some of the early key issues and it feels weird to start in the middle with a random current issue


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: CosmicFool]
    #19234441 -




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: California]
    #19234465 -

i have all of The Maxx comics somewhere in a box.  spawn was cool too, but i didn't collect the comics.


--------------------
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm... ... ...


ok.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: stimpson]
    #19234502 -



nil a land beyond belief


Quote:
Besides referring to the Latin term for nothingness, Nil is also a phoneme of the protagonist, Proun Nul. Nul is employed by the city of Nihilopolis X (the city is rebuilt each time the people destroy the previous one) as a deconstruction engineer on board the Derrida (named for Jacques Derrida). The citizens of Nihilopolis are committed to the philosophical principle of nihilism, and Nul's job involves destroying ideas (manifested as large edifices in the desert) before they can infect the population. In keeping with Nil's motto "In Nothing We Trust", this constant work has led to a war with the neighboring republic of Optima.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: Thulean]
    #19234602 -

i grew up reading marvel and now i can't stand it. i don't read dc either. i do like superheroes but the franchise stuff is just too kiddy for me.

this though, is an ongoing superhero comic that is magnificent.



only three issues in. don't sleep.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: millzy]
    #19234650 -

Comic books were never a part of my childhood and there's no way i could bare them now, that's like trying to have fun by reading a video game or a movie, when you could just play the video game or watch the movie


--------------------
:box:

The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly. -Proverbs 15:14

:tripping2: :shroomer:  :trippinballs: :shroomin:

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of Life’s coming attractions.”
Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: dontknow] * 1
    #19234823 -

I LOVE comics! Im into the silver age years honestly but I have loads of random marvel comics... I got X-men #7 and its signed by Stan Lee himself!!!



--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: danlennon3]
    #19234838 -

i have a couple laying around. might read em some day.

my uncle let me have them



they're filled with all sorts of kung-fu asian flavored magic and labyrinths of doom.

it's quite awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: CosmicFool]
    #19234861 -

I can't remember the last time I read a comic.. I know I read that Superman one where doomsday annihilates him. That's probably a graphic novel though.

I read a few Sin City graphic novels.. As well as The Watchmen, V for Vendetta... I guess they aren't comics though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19234870 -

Graphic Novel's are Comics, i think... they're mega comics that kick the usual comics ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19234878 -

Yeah I wasn't sure.. I like graphic novels since I don't have to put in a ton of effort finding all the individual issues.. Just grab one and done.

I also read Bone, that fucker was huge though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19234890 -

dude, Bone looks awesome. it's apparently huge and funny.

i like the illustrations... i'm gonna keep an eye out for this one. it looks classic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19234896 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19234931 -

yeah, that's a decent price. i still have to wonder though if a local bookstore would carry it... there is lot of this post-novelty old school stuff around my area.

i want a completely original awesome series, and this looks like it might be the one. (i've already seen MAXX and Sin City on film, i know it's not the same but...)

Bone :gameover:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19234955 -

Let me dig around and see if there are any other ones I didn't list that I've read.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19234966 -

V for Vendetta and The Watchmen are both good graphic novels but if you've seen the movies they are pretty damn close to the comics.

I've heard Maus is good but I've never read it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19234972 -

luckily i haven't seen those ones (even though i hear Watchmen is a pretty good watch)

and V is probably a shit ton better in book form then in film form. (wasn't that Star Trek chick in it; bleh)

damn, no wonder so many movies these days suck ass; there just trying to rip off of awesome comic books. :yesnod:

at least the Walking Dead was a minor success. i'd probably still be better to just read it, though.

i don't know if Graphic Novels should be turned into movies... i don't know... i just don't fit the style that they originated from.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: akira_akuma]
    #19234988 -

Nah man.. V for Vendetta is one the very few movies that actually was pretty damn close to the book.. I mean it really captures the style, feel and the story is almost exactly the same aside from some very minor differences.

The Watchmen was also pretty damn  good for an adaptation.. However they changed the ending a bit.

Sin city was good too... I mean all three of those are good either way you experience them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: LordSenate]
    #19235003 -

yeah, but they're good BECAUSE of the books... not informed in any way other then from the book. that's what i guess i was trying to get at... i mean, Sin City the movie was awesome... for portraying the comic book close to heart.

i haven't seen the other two, but i'm sure they're good too, but just not in any original sense of "a film". it's new, i guess, to be able to represent comic books in film so accurately, though... so i guess that's one thing you can give them credit for.

still, i dunno, i don't wanna be that guy who says "read the book or hell have wrath...!" but in this case... aren't the movies just copying the illustrations in the books? meh, minor pet peeve.

Sin City still rocked, and Mickey Rourke is a bad ass, with horrible plastic surgery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Comic Books [Re: CosmicFool]
    #19235089 -

I have a stupid amount of comic books.

I have stacks scattered all over my house. 

It's kind of annoying.


--------------------

North to the future is our motto I'm still up north no future to follow
We do these things and we don't give a fuck, we fire up a blunt in the car bumping Cougnut.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psycadelic comic book of the senses! Flashback 1,062 9 07/19/05 01:55 PM
by BloodNOil
* !-!Books!-! PiperAtThyGates 496 3 02/23/05 04:18 PM
by Gog
* Anyone read the Wheel of Time series? ... and other book adventures
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,916 42 10/01/05 10:23 AM
by MovingTarget
* Need a New Book LethalX5 2,027 18 04/21/05 11:27 AM
by MOTH
* Comics YouEnjoyMyself 674 6 08/16/03 05:57 PM
by Zwieback0
* The Watchmen was better than The Dark Knight
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FeedingMyDreams 5,219 64 07/24/09 05:15 AM
by FeedingMyDreams
* Arachnophobia?? -(Very Graphic Pic's)-
( 1 2 all )
SouthPArk 4,006 24 07/03/05 06:52 AM
by GulGen
* A contest in graphic design, winner gets their design printed
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ZippoZM 13,996 69 12/24/05 05:26 PM
by lemon_lw

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,858 topic views. 3 members, 17 guests and 117 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.