Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
losing wieght
    #1903048 - 09/10/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Latley I have been having a bit of a wieght problem, but i dont really have the time to excersize in a real way (between loads of studying and work...) can anyone reccomend a non time consuming way to lose weight? Like diets they would reccoment, ect. or quick excersize rotienes, something like that...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: losing wieght [Re: domite]
    #1903092 - 09/10/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well....im not sure how relevant my response will be, but ive unwillingly lost over 40 pounds in 8 months, thats 18% of my body weight.

Fasting. It will shrink your stomach, 4 days, juice and water...maybe a couple piece's of fruit. You will eat considerably less.(you would be amazed)

Not smoking pot! you will eat considerably less.

Cutting out all crap food.

Lots and lots and lots and lots more water.

Everytime you stand up from your computer (if its not urgent) do 10 push up's, takes 20 seconds...if that, and if you find an excuse for not doing it, your being lazy and unmotivated. (this keeps your mind in top shape too.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: losing wieght [Re: PDU]
    #1903888 - 09/11/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Fasting eats your muscle before it eats your fat. And I heard it fucks up your metabolic rate so when you DO eat noramally again, you gain a shitload of weight. Although it is quite easy to do, it's not the healthiest approach.
Just cut out all the junkfood. Eat 5-6 SMALL meals a day, like a bowl of cereal, 2 boiled eggs, or a salad. If you aren't doing any excersize, avoid high carb foods like white breads and such.
Oh, and eat lots of spicy salsa before you go to bed. It sounds strange but it somehow eats your fat as you sleep.

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

OfflineLaxy

#1903889 - 09/11/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

PDU, telling someone to starve themselves is retarded man!

domite, pick up some books man, start reading about nutrition and such. you simply HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS to lose weight. Yes, starving yourself will get you to lose weight, but eventually you have to start eating again and you'll gain weight back like a motherfucker, even more than before. Not eating is not an option. Just taking some "fat burning" pill is not an option either. You must get informed my friend, or you'll wind up taking some shit advice like that. No offense to you PDU, but c'mon man, haven't you been taught at least something about nutrition in school.

OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: losing wieght [Re: Laxy]
    #1903901 - 09/11/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think cutting fast foods out of your diet is number one, then work on getting less carbohydrates, like bread cereal and pastas. Along with a basic workout routine like everyday. Try running a bit, that is the easiest most efficient way to burn calories. Did you know laghing burns like 3 calories. so laugh alot. hehe no joke, but that alone won't do it. Most of all watch the ammount of fat your eating.

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

OfflineISH
PsilocybianTranslationServices
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: losing wieght [Re: ISH]
    #1903902 - 09/11/03 01:32 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Starving yourself is an unhealthy way to lose waight. You can lose weight if you eat sensibly, Remember No fast food, especially greasy shit.

--------------------
Join The Shroomery Folding @ Home Team!

I think of going to the grave without having a psychedelic experience, like going to the grave without having sex. It means that you never figured out what it was all about. The mystery is in the body, and the way the body works itself into nature.
- Terence McKenna, Archaic Revival

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #1903904 - 09/11/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

hey, only eating a few pieces of fruit and some water a day is fine. Thats what are bodies were designed to do not eat 7 huge meals each day. But if you cut downmonfoodsfor a week, your stomach will be a lot smaller and you womt have to eat as much. then top it off with 3 mile jog everyday and youll be in shape in no time.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1903941 - 09/11/03 01:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Laxy said:
PDU, telling someone to starve themselves is retarded man!

domite, pick up some books man, start reading about nutrition and such. you simply HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS to lose weight. Yes, starving yourself will get you to lose weight, but eventually you have to start eating again and you'll gain weight back like a motherfucker, even more than before. Not eating is not an option. Just taking some "fat burning" pill is not an option either. You must get informed my friend, or you'll wind up taking some shit advice like that. No offense to you PDU, but c'mon man, haven't you been taught at least something about nutrition in school.

Nono, i didnt say starve yourself. I said fast, there is a very big difference. I live a VERY healthy lifestyle...when compared with...well, most people who arnt competitive atheletes. Shrink your stomach...Gluttony stretches our stomach's out..bigger and bigger, and the more they take to fill, however, our bodies are not using nearly all that we give them, so rather than eating unneccessary food, cut down your appetite, and eat what you need. You can live PERFECTLY HEALTHY drinking only water or fruit juices for a few days..yet, i even suggested he add some fruits.

No, you will not gain weight like a mother fucker...instead of having that 16oz steak and baked potato, you will be completely full off perhaps..4oz's and a half potatoe. Your body has TONS of reserve's to accomodate for a few days without food, and shrinking your stomach is very effective...its just like stomach stapeling, minus the stapeling...same premise.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineLaxy

#1903961 - 09/11/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Variety is the key. That doesn't mean to chose between a big mac or some tacos. I'm sure you already know that though.

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1907662 - 09/11/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

smoking pot is ok, speeds up your matbolizim (can't spell) but when you go to snack, eat frut and veggies :smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: losing wieght [Re: soylent_green]
    #1907720 - 09/11/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sure you can find at least one hour a day to work out. It's not that hard.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #1908695 - 09/12/03 04:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: losing wieght [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1908719 - 09/12/03 05:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I never had any weight problems, but I think PDU has a good point with fasting. Just to have a more 'healthy' lifestyle, I decided some years ago to eat more fruits, and eat more frequently. Before, If I was really hungry, I could eat like 18inch at subway. Now, even if I didnt eat at all one day and I decide to eat only on evening, I CANT eat more than 6 inch . :smile:
I heard nutrition is 90% of losing weight. 

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: losing wieght [Re: Gus]
    #1908799 - 09/12/03 06:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Diet = k3y.

If you eliminate fast food, junk food and soda, get at least 8 hours of sleep and drink more water, you'll lose a couple of pounds (especially if you have a lot of bodyfat you want to use).

About 6 years ago I was really heavy (315#). My first week of weight-loss I dropped 20 pounds, although most was probably water weight. All I did that week was eat healthier, drink water, and ride my bike 2 miles every morning. That led to healthier eating habits and more cardiovascular exercise until I was down to 195 pounds and running 5 miles/day. It's a gradual process, and all it takes is a little effort and the breaking of a few bad habits. It's important to remember YOU CAN DO IT and any little bit of struggle is worth it in the end.

The heavier you are, the easier it is to drop the weight. If you're really overweight, simply walking a few miles will help you shed a few pounds. Once walking becomes easy, jog - once jogging becomes easy, run.

DIET = KEY

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have a friend who was 340 a few weeks ago and switched to the Atkins diet. He stopped drinking soda and eating crap food, and he's already lost 15 lbs in two weeks..... doing nothing. Atkins worked for me when I was powerlifting, and now it has shaped a diet that fits my personal needs. I wouldn't recommend staying on it for too long, especially if you're not lifting weights and putting all that protein to use, but if it works for you; it can help you shed some weight really quick, giving you the motivation to keep up with getting into shape and staying in shape.

Edited by s2dope (09/12/03 06:48 AM)

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: losing wieght [Re: Adden]
    #1909215 - 09/12/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Someone who lose 115 lbs deserve my respect man
I must say Im impressed!  :smile:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #1909594 - 09/12/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, yeah, it feel really good walking into high school all pompous and thin and dissing the broads that had ignored me when I was fat. Then it felt good to get big and show all the haters where its at, lol

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: losing wieght [Re: domite]
    #1909676 - 09/12/03 01:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

domite said:
Latley I have been having a bit of a wieght problem, but i dont really have the time to excersize in a real way (between loads of studying and work...) can anyone reccomend a non time consuming way to lose weight? Like diets they would reccoment, ect. or quick excersize rotienes, something like that...

I lost 43 lbs. in three months.

Have you ever heard of the atkins diet?

The idea behind it is simple. Your body uses sugar(carbs) and fat as its primary fuel source. Since sugar is easier to burn, if you give your body alot of sugar and fat it will burn the sugar and store the fat.

This is an even bigger problem for people who are glucose resistant.
If you have a weight problem then you are most likely glucose resistant and would benefit greatly from this diet.Or more accurately, this way of eating.

I have benefited greatly from this diet and can help you out if you want. PM me if you want more info.

BTW, there are alot of health benefits from this way of eating.Even the AMA has documentation to prove it.

Later.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (09/12/03 01:08 PM)

Anonymous #1

Re: losing wieght [Re: sirreal]
    #1909701 - 09/12/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ya I agree atkins diet is the best I've tried myself....it works and its easy to stick to...you don't feel hungry all the time

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1909745 - 09/12/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gus said:
I Before, If I was really hungry, I could eat like 18inch at subway. Now, even if I didnt eat at all one day and I decide to eat only on evening, I CANT eat more than 6 inch . :smile:

Exactly...i cant eat half of what i used to, and i dont want to. People just need to use common sense, but what is so common to some seems so foreign to others. 

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1909788 - 09/12/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
Quote:

Gus said:
I Before, If I was really hungry, I could eat like 18inch at subway. Now, even if I didnt eat at all one day and I decide to eat only on evening, I CANT eat more than 6 inch . :smile:

Exactly...i cant eat half of what i used to, and i dont want to. People just need to use common sense, but what is so common to some seems so foreign to others. 

I agree with the common sense statement.

BUT, the body is a very complex machine.Overeating is not always the reason for weight gain. As we age, certain changes can take place that cause our bodies to metabolise food differently. At 31, I cannot eat some of the foods that I could when I was 19 without gaining weight. I am not talking about quantity. It is the type of food.

If you have a weight problem and want to lose fat without losing lean body tissue, then you must force your body into a fat burning mode. It is simple actually.

Of course, abuse when you are young can lead to metabolisation problems later in life. That is where common sense comes in. 

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (09/13/03 09:15 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom