Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: hidenseek1]
    #18028316 -

hidenseek1 said:
Quote:
but I've sure as fuck seen a lot of bud addicts.



im sorry your buddies are addicted to this plant

its definitely addictive psychologically addictive if not physically

:trollmove:



Ha, definitely not my buddies.  But, seriously, anything can be addicting.  Weed is another "anything."  I've actually noticed that when I stop smoking weed after smoking a lot for a while, there are some physical withdrawal symptoms.  Might just be me though :shrug:


--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: sanchothestoner] * 1
    #18028465 -

The first clue that you don't have schizophrenia is that you think you have schizophrenia. One hallmark diagnostic tool s schizophrenics do not realize how strange and inappropriate their behavior is and they cannot distinguish a hallucination from reality. Pot does not cause schizophrenia. You either have the disorder or you don't. Pot WILL make the symptoms worse for people who are psychotic, for sure.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: koods]
    #18028900 -

koods said:
The first clue that you don't have schizophrenia is that you think you have schizophrenia. One hallmark diagnostic tool s schizophrenics do not realize how strange and inappropriate their behavior is and they cannot distinguish a hallucination from reality. Pot does not cause schizophrenia. You either have the disorder or you don't. Pot WILL make the symptoms worse for people who are psychotic, for sure.



:nodofunderstanding:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: zee007]
    #18028935 -

zee007 said:
So what are you're thoughts on Marijuana causing schizophrenia?

My addiction to Marijuana:
I smoked for the first time in April when I was 16 years old. The past two years I've smoked heavy amounts of weed especially after I got my first job up until I turned 19 in October. I smoked every single day, the second school was over me and friends were hot boxing our way home, smoked myself to sleep, and when I got up for work. During break at work I usually went over to a friend/co-workers house close by where 4 or 5 people (sometimes more) would all match and usually try to burn down either an eighth or more within the 30mins we had; and just go straight back to his house once we got off and get ripped. On other days his house wasn't available I'd just drive around and smoke a blunt or two with a co-worker. Boss never cared, he was a stoner too, and we worked hard. Came home with $70 in tips if I was lucky, on top of 30-35 hour weekly paychecks. Me and two other friends who worked there put our money together twice a week to pick up 2-3 ounces at a time so it was much cheaper, and so we could afford alcohol and food on the weekends, which is when we pretty much made an effort to get high every second of the day. Usually ending up blacking out and waking up in all sorts of houses during the weekend. Was almost never home even on school nights and avoided my mom and sister when I got home so they wouldn't know I was high. Turned into a compulsive liar towards my family.

(OMIT this paragraph not really related, just background info and rambling if interested)
Surprised I went so long without my mom finding out, it wasn't until I was 18&1/2. And once she found out I was instantly able to convince her it was a "safe," drug and she was still unaware of how often I smoked. She was oblivious because I used to have a strong group of friends before I moved to GA and we made it clear that we would never get affiliated with any type of drug, and were completely against them. We actually made a leisure activity out of attempting to catch some of their older brothers smoking, and searched everywhere for their drugs. Got them in so much trouble one time his older brothers friend gave me a white wash until I passed out and they had to call an ambulance :facepalm: don't blame em. On top of my friends influence had a ton of D.A.R.E and extensive drug programs and such at school, and there were very very few kids who ever experimented, even throughout middle school. I found out when I moved down to GA it was the complete opposite, except back in MI I found out everyone I used to know became even more of a stoner then me once HS came along, which also had a really bad rep when it came to drug use :rolleyes:. Anyway 3 or 4 years before I moved to GA my dad had an aneurysm and two strokes(in hospital), after spending 6 months in the hospital we found out my dad was completely paralyzed on the right side (huge section of the left part of his brain was damaged), his short-term memory was impaired, surprisingly his long-term memory is better than anyone's I've ever met, double vision, he lost his ability to rationalize, ability to balance, and speech problems. My mom was in complete denial over his illness for over 4 years, and barley had time to take care of me and my sister (spent months over friends houses), spent loads of cash on rehab centers, therapy, traveled all over the U.S. seeing top notch doctors, recovery centers, anything you could come up with. My dad was a health nut, worked out everyday, had a high paying job with GM, never smoked a cig in his life, and drank about one or two beers on the weekends, so this was completely unexpected. He actually fainted in the gym. He is still completely against drugs and refused to take any pain meds unless it was through the IV even after he was released from the hospital. We were told all his conditions would only get worse and they were right, cept throughout the 4 years he fortunately got some of his balance back and is able to walk around on a four prong cane. We spent the next two years meeting up with aneurysm recovery groups, but it was harder on my dad then therapeutic, because he was worse off then everyone else there. This isn't a sob story y'all I actually coped with my dad's illness and the whole situation very well. I was so young I barley knew what was going on, and it has nothing to do with my heavy marijuana consumption, just was giving the an explanation to why my mom was oblivious over my drug use and I got a little carried away... Yeah I'm speedin :crazy2:. Which reminds me of two more reasons as to why my mother never would have thought I would start smoking or do any drugs, because I hated more than anything taking my ADD medication after I was diagnosed in 2nd grade, and finally my dad's resentment for cigs had me HATE them as well and I gave my mom a hard time when she started smoking them because her depression was so bad. I didn't do anything like hide them from her or anything though, just complained a lot. I smoked my first cig last year actually and only really smoke them when I'm drunk.

Addiction continued:
-All my money went towards weed and helping my mom pay rent, the only thing I ever saved up for was a trip to PC for spring break costing $500, purchased some clothes, protein shakes, and other supplements. Eventually lost my job because I had to rely on a ride and was late, a lot; which will be an issue with my new job :facepalm:. I started dealing to feed my habit, and spent half of my senior year in school high. I quit dealing because it was too difficult without transportation, I wouldn't risk dealing from my own home so I hung out at a "trap house," in my neighborhood with a bunch of sketchy gang members. I live in a pretty nice area so it was nothing serious, they just called themselves a gang because they had a lot of guns, carried a 'flag', had a special handshake, and moved nothin but a pound at a time usually(took 2-3weeks). I was always nervous hanging around there, I was the only white boy :lol:, was the youngest kid there, and I didn't affiliate myself with their gang so it was a weird relationship. The house got raided shortly after I started hanging around there, luckily it was at night. Ironically a cop moved into the house. Once I burned up the last of my stash I started resorting to other things like shoplifting, and helped a friend at school sell fake True Religion and Mek jeans.

I was still the first one to argue weed wasn't addictive whenever someone brought up the debate:facepalm:... I finally came to my senses the summer after my senior year, did my best not to get involved in anything stupid for money, and only smoked when the opportunity came up, and some weeks I was still smoking everyday. It wasn't until I joined the Shroomery, I decided I was going to quit smoking and start to aggressively look for a job. Well I actually was supposed to be getting hired at a Dollar General which I explained in this thread how that went... Planned on using the money from my first paycheck I made there to replace my marijuana addiction with shrooms and buy PF-TEK equipment. I felt like it would be a fun little project that would take my mind off trying to get high and something to look forward to. Trying to go cold turkey was pretty tough, wasn't having withdrawals but I was going nuts without it and losing sleep over it.

I stopped taking ADD meds for a whole year prior to joining. Got a script for the first time again to help with my extensive job search because it was becoming impossible and also help finish some online schooling. Problem is insomnia and depression started kicking in, which had me slip up a couple times with mary jane. Got a little desperate for some kind of high since I got myself all excited about the idea of cultivating mushrooms, was too focused on replacing my marijuana addiction with the cubes. Once I found out I pretty much got fucked over for the employment opportunity, with no hope of getting started with a tek anytime soon, I went on that little DXM binge. Then got prescribed ambien and klonopin for legitimate reasons, and ended up starting to abuse those a little aswell. I'm stopping myself from taking the meds before I ruin my life on some benzos; so I got some melatonin to help myself sleep. Unfortunately the melatonin doesn't help too much and I get weird side effects from it.

Yeah I'll admit, I was a dumbass. I tend to make sporadic decisions that lead me down dark paths. It's taken me up until now to realize I have an addictive personality. I'm just glad I was able to accept this truth. It took jail to teach me what true consequences are and how a little mistake can effect your life forever. On the bright side I'm pretty sure I have an Assistant Management position at McDonald's, but I know better then to have high expectations when it comes to a job opportunity, been let down too many times. What I am sure of, is that I'm done fucking up. 

My Schizo concern:
I feel my heavy consumption of marijuana may have triggered schizophrenia. The thing is I quit taking vyvanse/adderall because it turns me into an insomniac, gets me really depressed, but mainly because it tends to give me anxiety and makes me socially awkward. It's not just the anxiety that makes me socially awkward and even when I'm sober, sometimes I have trouble finding the right words to say when it comes to starting or keeping a conversation with someone. My mind will end up going blank and it got worse throughout high school. I always thought this was due to the ADD meds, but after being off them for a year, I feel like I may have fell victim to marijuana's potential to induce schizophrenia. Although my personality did improve my brain still has these moments where I think of a million things at once instead of what I want to say, type, or even draw. Throughout elementary and middle school I won best piece of art for my age group, In order for me to produce a good piece of art now-a-days that would stand out it would take an abnormally long time (I know that is also part of ADD). I was drawing designs for a vaporizer contest last week and it took me hours just to do simple sketches because I couldn't transfer the images I had in my mind on the paper, the weird thing is I knew how to draw what I was imagining but the second I would go to draw it out, I just kept locking up and forgetting what stroke I was about to perform. Another weird example was today I had to make an outline for an essay about importance of being ambitious, super easy topic, but took me abnormally long, not to mention I couldn't do it in order. I had my 3 topics and whatever else the outline asked for in my head, but I couldn't type it out and had to use a thesaurus every two seconds for words that got lost in my head.

Quote:
:alert:EDIT: I am not lashing out on the drug itself, or calling Marijuana an addictive drug. I myself was addicted and if you had time to read my story, you would have to be ignorant to tell me I didn't have a problem.

More on the concern itself:
(Take in mind the few studies that show Marijuana could cause Schizophrenia were reported in those who smoked heavily at a young age, and it still didn't occur in all patients. So if the test results were accurate I'm just one of the un-lucky few.)
-I am diagnosed with ADD (the drug could have just wrosen ADD symptoms although there are patients who smoke for their ADD/ADHD but IME it only lowers my ability to focus)

-I've been taking ADD meds since 2nd grade, ritalin, concerta, vyvanse, and adderall.

-On some occasions I smoke, these Schizo like symptoms occur
  -sporatic unorganized, scattered thoughts
  -difficulty speaking increases, a lot more than friends






I think drugs should be legal, but you have no one to blame but yourself.

I have no sympathy for you. LOL @ losing your job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: koods]
    #18028953 -

you're born with schizophrenia, and the onset can take 21-25 years in some cases. pot and other recreational drugs will exacerbate the symptoms.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: zee007]
    #18028955 -

zee007 said:
Bitter Cactus said:
OP, your story sounds exactly like mine except I actually began and still hear voices. I'm completely sane and nobody would expect it in a person like me. I believe marijuana and psychedelics induced these symptoms. Although, with sobriety I became much better. My auritory hallucinations used to consist of laughter, choirs singing, radios playing, mumbling and more. Now I just hear a low hum that converses along before sleep, but I used to have 5 of 6 voices overlapping each other at once.



I've been unemployed for so long



lol shocking

Edited by Mark1 (03/29/13 03:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: Mark1]
    #18028964 -

Mark1 said:
I think drugs should be legal, but you have no one to blame but yourself.

I have no sympathy for you. LOL @ losing your job.



Why would you quote the entire OP. I lost my job because I had unreliable transportation, nothing to do with drug use. I did blame myself, btw I have a new job :super:.

I'd most likely prefer not to have your sympathy anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: zee007]
    #18028967 -

zee007 said:
Mark1 said:
I think drugs should be legal, but you have no one to blame but yourself.

I have no sympathy for you. LOL @ losing your job.



I had unreliable transportation



must suck being poor

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: millzy]
    #18028983 -

millzy said:
you're born with schizophrenia, and the onset can take 21-25 years in some cases. pot and other recreational drugs will exacerbate the symptoms.



Another nice thing to know, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: Mark1]
    #18029168 -

Mark1 said:
zee007 said:
Mark1 said:
I think drugs should be legal, but you have no one to blame but yourself.

I have no sympathy for you. LOL @ losing your job.



I had unreliable transportation



must suck being poor



Empathy. You should try it out sometime. :cookiemonster:


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: koods]
    #18029185 -

koods said:
Mark1 said:
zee007 said:
Mark1 said:
I think drugs should be legal, but you have no one to blame but yourself.

I have no sympathy for you. LOL @ losing your job.



I had unreliable transportation



must suck being poor



Empathy. You should try it out sometime. :cookiemonster:



Meh, I think he needs more of an improvement in the self esteem department. Right now he's just a terrible internet troll...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: zee007]
    #18030495 -

zee007,

I have heard a lot of audial phenomena and I do not believe that they are mere hallucinations. Particularly the phenomena that was benevolent and helped illuminate my mind. I can go into greater detail about my experiences, if you ask, but first I have to tell you this:

Audial phenomena are like projections of our thoughts into our sensation of sound... but sometimes they can be encounters with entities that have knowledge to share...( like a guiding spirit or your higher self ) that can help raise our vibrations and empower our mind... so DO NOT let anyone degrade you with a diagnosis that limits your perceived worth and potential just because they can not understand what you are going through. 

People like to slander audial perceptions that an individual experiences just because others do not hear it... that does not mean the individual was merely hallucinating, they might be tuned into something that others are not... However, some people's minds go totally out of control and encounter seriously negative audial phenomenon and sometimes medical help is required.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: Chakra Shock]
    #18035613 -

some people link schizophrenia and pot but i recon for the most part, mj induces a lack f motivation. and can lead to some pretty pointless thoughts if it's smoked too often which can leave you feeling pretty dull. but then after tolerance is reduced, it again can be beneficial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: Crumpet]
    #18080641 -

mj does infact induce some syptoms i'd consider to be 'scizophrenic' even in me and im fucking sane azzzz. but they are not psychotic and wouldn't cause me to harm myself or anyone els which is the main concern by far... but I just wanted to post something that I found interesting about skitzofrenia. Apparently one of the syptoms of skitzness is repitious movement and symbols that do not represent any real form of language. I fucking rofl so hard at this because I definitely have these syptoms. the only difference is they definitely do represent something significant to me. For example, when I have a thought I do not want I flick my wrist behind me as if to say it's beneath and behind me. I also have a lot of other sybols I came up with autonomously that have cryptic significance and if I told the wrong doctors about them. specifically in my experience muslim doctors are the worst at bad diagnosis, i'd be re diagnosed as being kookoo. skitzo ftw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: zee007]
    #18979997 -

zee, didnt you hear, this is a no fun zone dammit!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: buest]
    #18980854 -

Stop stoning and start veggie juicing :laugh: You'll feel better in a couple of weeks doing that, and stop eating only junk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: P-O]
    #18980868 -

PostiveOutlook said:
Marijuana does not cause schizophrenia.  If its not enhancing your life... quit smokin it .


I think taking pharmy drugs daily do Much more damage to mental health ... Avoid them



oh ya.  Nutrition plays a major part of mental health



Yup, I took tramadol it changed my mental health much more than Weed everyday
especially when I stopped

never been so depressed in my life, and I'm usually never depressed....
also the tramadol almost killed me when I took 2 at once.. stopped breathing.. cramping etc, but the doc said 2 was ok

don't take pharmacy drugs  unless you absolutely have to to function

also.. don't smoke weed everyday unless you absolutely feel like you want to
it's obviously reducing your ability to function,from your report?
quit it, make the change ?:-)

you can always smoke 1-2 times a month maybe, as long as you don't smoke every week it won't be everyday probably...  never buy more than you can smoke at once (buy finished joint)

I used to smoke lots of weed everyday... the only way I could quit was smoking less than every week, if I smoked every week it would be everyday automatically

also I did have a 'psychosis' on the skunk, temporary of course ... another reason to go easy with the strong weed
fixed it myself of course... was kinda cool... faces everywhere I looked everyday for a few weeks, didn't go directly home etc (paranoia)

don't miss it... but go easy on the strong weed.... both hashish and skunk, they're equally strong.... can be too much
the strongest hash would almost launch me into the same state again if I smoked it again... so stopped

Edited by lessismore (10/15/13 11:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thoughts on marijuana being linked to schizophrenia - my addiction [Re: lessismore]
    #18981997 -

Pot can induce psychotic episodes in people that are schizophrenic. It will not cause schizophrenia. Of course, it may appear that it does only because most people who are schizophrenic show their first symptoms between the ages of 18-23, just about the time people starting using recreational drugs. There is correlation, but not causality.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quitting Marijuana
( 1 2 all )
frank_grimes 5,958 34 02/02/03 05:35 AM
by Killjoy
* Lyrics to Marijuana PapaverS 2,453 13 06/05/03 09:16 AM
by Mojo_Risin
* Post deleted by Administrator psychodelic 1,728 10 02/27/03 03:16 PM
by BlueLemming
* Jumbled Thoughts DragonEyes 1,862 5 10/14/02 05:24 PM
by CleverName
* Jane's Addiction
( 1 2 all )
Dankman 2,803 34 06/20/13 10:15 PM
by Shining Cosmos
* Mail ordered marijuana *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
funwithdxm 4,557 33 03/08/10 02:44 PM
by AsAboveSoBelow
* Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. BlueTalon 2,071 17 11/24/03 01:59 AM
by Baby_Hitler
* free magic trick links???? Hans_Moleman 1,171 9 07/03/18 09:49 AM
by StingingRoger

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,761 topic views. 3 members, 13 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.