Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: mapleleafmarijuana]
    #18890339 -

Fuck yea dude! I first read the series when I was 13. I'm 26 now and I've torn through them at least 7-8 times! I'm glad I was able to make the suggestion for you, happy reading bro!


--------------------
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: mapleleafmarijuana]
    #18890490 -

write your own :wink:


--------------------
:mushroom2: + :syringe: + :stoned: =:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: squidson]
    #18890597 -

squidson said:
write your own :wink:



:bigyesnod:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Synthe]
    #18891601 -

The Bronze Canticle Trilogy
The Death Gate Cycle
Tracy Hickman FTW ^^

The Clerical Quintet. This series is a bit light hearted but also deals with heavy themes throughout. R.A salvatore's earlier work. You can check out his Demon Wars saga as well ... there's also the Drizzt books about dark elves which are sort of infamous.

Goblin Hero, Goblin Quest and Goblin War. Some of the funniest fantasy I've come across - especially if you are at all familiar with D&D. I highly recommend finding the audiobook version of this - it's done with sound effects and read in parts like a play for radio. Audio book done by 'graphic audio'.

Cheers - have fun reading those. Will look forward to more suggestions by others here for series to enjoy. I've read the sword of truth books (all of 'em). I felt they were more suited to a teenage reader (I was 14 when i read the bulk of 'em). There is some interesting bits for adults in there too though I think.. I feel Goodkind's writing is heavily declining with his age (latest Mother Confessor was kind of sub par I felt)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Deckard_Cain]
    #18891704 -

Goblin Hero, Goblin Quest and Goblin War. Some of the funniest fantasy I've come across - especially if you are at all familiar with D&D. I highly recommend finding the audiobook version of this - it's done with sound effects and read in parts like a play for radio. Audio book done by 'graphic audio'.

interesting tell me more, how mature is it?


--------------------
Vinegar Tom
stay black cocksucker, thats the most important thing - joey coco diaz
Flesh is Weak. All Hail the Machine God!

Edited by mapleleafmarijuana (09/25/13 10:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: mapleleafmarijuana]
    #18894893 -

was at a used bookstore today and remembered someone mentioned this so i got the the omnibus for like $6

Goblin Hero, Goblin Quest and Goblin War.


--------------------
Vinegar Tom
stay black cocksucker, thats the most important thing - joey coco diaz
Flesh is Weak. All Hail the Machine God!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: mapleleafmarijuana]
    #18910373 -

Fuck, I just remembered a series. War against the Chtorr. Absolute excellence. Sci-fi perfectly executed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #18911144 -

I use this to keep track of my future reads... http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/


--------------------
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: JamesSpawned]
    #18911199 -

The Wheel of Time is a must, if you have the dedication. 14 books, roughly 11,000 pages, all worth every minute spent.


--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Yukon Cornelius]
    #18911242 -

Read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Fantastic books! Sort of a mixture of fantasy, western, and post-apocalyptic science fiction, about a quest for the ultimate center of reality.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: NetDiver]
    #18931452 -

My uncle really likes the Legend Of Drizzt series

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: plektheplek]
    #18931522 -

Ever read the redwall series. There are a ton of them a big part of me growing up. Cool stories.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Enjoywho]
    #18932622 -

Enjoywho said:
Ever read the redwall series. There are a ton of them a big part of me growing up. Cool stories.



same read them as a kid, i loved dat shit. ever see the tv show?


--------------------
Vinegar Tom
stay black cocksucker, thats the most important thing - joey coco diaz
Flesh is Weak. All Hail the Machine God!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Synthe]
    #18932653 -

Synthe said:
Magicman69 said:
Hunger games is a great series of books



:lolsy:



It really did go downhill after the first one. 

The Dark Tower series was mentioned above and is a very compelling read.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: mapleleafmarijuana]
    #18933016 -

mapleleafmarijuana said:
Enjoywho said:
Ever read the redwall series. There are a ton of them a big part of me growing up. Cool stories.



same read them as a kid, i loved dat shit. ever see the tv show?



Did not know there was one but brian jacque killed it.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Enjoywho]
    #18954586 -

for sure.
i'm reading the 1st dune book now and ive got to say, so far (150+ pages) in it's rather average. he really must have been planning a series or at least more than a trilogy. i've seen alot of comparisions to lord of da rings but so far it's only similar in that each author obviously has a world he's fully created and has to share with the character as well as set up story stucture.

so far so good though. other suggestions?


--------------------
Vinegar Tom
stay black cocksucker, thats the most important thing - joey coco diaz
Flesh is Weak. All Hail the Machine God!

Edited by mapleleafmarijuana (10/09/13 02:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: mapleleafmarijuana]
    #18954628 -

A Series of Unfourtunate Events


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: The Doobie Dude] * 1
    #18954698 -

read em. hated them, plus i'm above a 7nth grade reading level...















i'd say at least a good grade 9 level


--------------------
Vinegar Tom
stay black cocksucker, thats the most important thing - joey coco diaz
Flesh is Weak. All Hail the Machine God!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: mapleleafmarijuana]
    #18954813 -

Jim Butcher's Furies of Calderon series was quite entertaining. His Dresden Files series is fun as well.

Edit: Richard Kadrey's Sandman Slim series is also highly recommended.

Edited by Dark76 (10/09/13 02:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: need a new fantasy novel series [Re: Deckard_Cain]
    #18954845 -

Deckard_Cain said:
The Bronze Canticle Trilogy
The Death Gate Cycle
Tracy Hickman FTW ^^

The Clerical Quintet. This series is a bit light hearted but also deals with heavy themes throughout. R.A salvatore's earlier work. You can check out his Demon Wars saga as well ... there's also the Drizzt books about dark elves which are sort of infamous.

Goblin Hero, Goblin Quest and Goblin War. Some of the funniest fantasy I've come across - especially if you are at all familiar with D&D. I highly recommend finding the audiobook version of this - it's done with sound effects and read in parts like a play for radio. Audio book done by 'graphic audio'.

Cheers - have fun reading those. Will look forward to more suggestions by others here for series to enjoy. I've read the sword of truth books (all of 'em). I felt they were more suited to a teenage reader (I was 14 when i read the bulk of 'em). There is some interesting bits for adults in there too though I think.. I feel Goodkind's writing is heavily declining with his age (latest Mother Confessor was kind of sub par I felt)




I read most of those when they came out, Cadderly, Danica and dwarven druids! I like most of R.A. Salvatore's stuff, the Icewind Dale Trilogy and the earlier Dark Elf stuff (Homeland, Exile and Sojourn) are still some of my favoured reads, done most of them several times.

I think I read every Dragonlance book released under the TSR brand, kinda tailed off when I started smoking weed in mid-90's.

Just wanted to keep an eye on this thread. Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms stuff is always a good read too, Spellfire and Crown of Fire were my two favourite non_Drizzt books when I was younger and still tearing through 2-3 novels a week.

Good times.. I may pick up "Cormyr" and finish that tonight, been picking at it for a couple of months but yet to really let rip on it and have a proper session. Good to see so many members like this kind of stuff, I used to love playing AD&D 2nd Edition when I was a sprout.

:cheers:


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Recommend me some Fantasy? Minstrel 1,497 9 07/14/06 01:55 PM
by Scarfmeister
* What is THE BEST game(or series) you ever played?
( 1 2 3 all )
hoopershroomer 3,657 53 01/07/07 04:29 PM
by MiddleFinger
* Fantasy Novels
( 1 2 3 all )
Klondike 3,342 55 05/25/09 03:27 AM
by Jadian
* Quickquickquick recommend a good sci-fi or fantasy book
( 1 2 3 all )
Lion 4,688 52 09/11/07 09:53 PM
by DieCommie
* George R. R. Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' Series Source 1,523 12 03/22/10 09:14 AM
by g00ru
* Anyone read the Wheel of Time series? ... and other book adventures
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,916 42 10/01/05 10:23 AM
by MovingTarget
* Playing Final Fantasy 12 right now! Slooch 1,129 10 03/17/06 02:20 PM
by Koala Koolio
* The New Final Fantasy VII Remake for PS3
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 4,047 21 11/06/06 11:49 PM
by Newbie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,153 topic views. 3 members, 185 guests and 93 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.