Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFuzzyLogic
Grower
Loc: Trippin In VA
Contamination & brown rice powder.
    #1873810 - 09/02/03 07:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Recently I ordered some P.C. B+ spores from T.H.E.
Anticipating (too eager) my spores would come in the mail quickly, I prepared my substrate. Two jars were made traditional PF cakes with brown rice powder. Another two jars were made with whole grain brown rice. Little did I know, my spores were lost in the mail and took over a month, so my jars just sat in my closet. When I finally got my spores in the mail, I checked my jars. The jars with the brown rice powder were contaminated, while the jars with the whole grain brown rice was as good as the day I steamed it.

I don't know how or why.
But I know I'm using whole grain brown rice for now on.

--------------------
See you at the next show.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Contamination & brown rice powder. [Re: FuzzyLogic]
    #1874147 - 09/02/03 10:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

at any case, it isn't a wise idea to to prepare substrate jars way too in advance, as much as you can try, prepare them the day before.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
Re: Contamination & brown rice powder. [Re: soochi]
    #1874323 - 09/02/03 10:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That stinks!! But look at it this way! You didn't loose any precious "colonizing" jars! Some of those contams might not have grown if some mycelium would have been colonizing in there.

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale