Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Just when ya think you got it....shit happens..........
    #1844121 - 08/23/03 10:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, Well I got 9 cakes fruiting, and I woke up today to find some really nice pins. The shitty thing is on inspecting the cakes that are doing the best, with the most pins. I got green fucking funk on tiny areas. Well I got a qtip dipped it in hydrogen peroxide, and swabed them and scraped off all the green shit. I then wipped my chamber down with rubbing alcohol and took a strong solution of h202 and spray the perlite on the bottom. I am very pissed because I thought I finally was gonna have some mushrooms. Well I just stuck all the cakes back in the fruiting container. I'm just not going to fuck with um and leave um alone. I am so fucking pissed, I had at least 4 cakes out of 9 with funk on them. I also noticed that two of the pins on 2 of the cakes have lick holes in um. Like someone took a knife and sliced a slit n the side of them. WTF is this shit?? ERRRR I'm so fucking mad. I got so many fucking pins and they look so healthy and fat. What the fuck should i do?? I'm thinking maybe its to moist in my chamber and that lead to contams, because I noticed with my last grow, I wasnt getting pins and when I finnally did I figured since I didnt dunk them, I should place them on the perlite and i got the same shit that growing now. It starts off as a thick looking cloud like mold thats white, then turns green. These cakes are on their first flush, they have only been in the fruiting chamber for a little over a week, why the fuck are the contaminating??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethrice
Stranger

Re: Just when ya think you got it....shit happens.......... [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1844135 - 08/23/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Fucking sucks man. I've been going through the same shit, trying to nail bulk subs. It takes a lot of trial and error. Funny thing is, I removed one of those white clouds that turns green today. What the hell is that? Don't put your cakes directly on your perlite though. That for sure invites contams. Get some lighting grid. That works nice.

--------------------
"I've got high friends in places".

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Just when ya think you got it....shit happens.......... [Re: thrice]
    #1844148 - 08/23/03 10:24 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

that's sad stuff, and i do understand your situation.  Just don't give up with the cultivation thing, it takes a lot of practice and patience to be successful, at least it's the case for me. 

Some people seems to have amazing results at their first growing attempt and that pisses me off!!!!! :laugh: 

don't give up and try again!

.fs.

OfflineBigcaps
I am not notusing drugs.

Loc: Let me die in my hole
Re: Just when ya think you got it....shit happens.......... [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1844171 - 08/23/03 10:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Split stems....only experience i've had with them is related to too much water...white to green? if it has no smell it sounds similar to algae? all sounds like too much water related things. Dont take my word for it...but if they were mine i would get them out of the perlite and try to get rid of some of the water....maybe poke some drainage holes in the bottom.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Just when ya think you got it....shit happens.......... [Re: Bigcaps]
    #1844184 - 08/23/03 10:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well I got to have a good amount of water considering I got one of magash's setup's. And the mold or whatever it is does have a slight smell to it. I'm just pissed cuz I dont know what to do. I guess just let them grow out, and dont fuck with them anymore. I'm just pissed cuz they were doing great I mean like over 50-100 pins on a cake. I wanna cry!!!! This is fucked I am about to give this shit up.

OfflineBigcaps
I am not notusing drugs.

Loc: Let me die in my hole
    #1844185 - 08/23/03 10:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If they have some stink clean em off really good and sprinkle some salt on the nasty area.

Anonymous

Post deleted by papaver [Re: Bigcaps]
    #1844558 - 08/24/03 12:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: Just when ya think you got it....shit happens.......... [Re: ]
    #1844652 - 08/24/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

very very shitty luck...maybe its just bruising? did the green wipe off with the q-tip? and have you tried to treat the areas will salt?

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1844664 - 08/24/03 02:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

When using perlite don't put the cake's on it. Use a lid with verm. In some cases (and I hope this is it, I was really pulling for ya) with perlite you will see blue or brusing where the cakes were sitting on the excess moisture and things should turn out fine. I had someone call me in a panic cause of this.
Seems like you know the green but I'm just hoping this is it. The person to ask is Kussh cause he's the person it happend to.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Just when ya think you got it....shit happens.......... [Re: Magash]
    #1844726 - 08/24/03 02:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I dont have them on the perlite magash. I got them on tinfoil with verm under them. And its not bruising. I had it my last grow. It turns the part its infected into mush. And it smells pretty fucking bad.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
    #1844731 - 08/24/03 02:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

And by the way I guess I will try the salt cuz I dont think much else will save them. But the really shitty thing is if you saw these cakes they ar eon their first flush and if you saw all the pins youd cry too. There are so many of them and they look so good.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
    #1844810 - 08/24/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Anyaways here is one cake, i know the quality sucks but I got a 5 dollar webcam form ebay. LOL. I want to cry cuz I dont want to loose my babies. This is just one cake the other side has just as many pins. I counted over a hundred on this cake and all the others. Creepers kickass until u get a contaminate.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation