Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |  [ show all ]
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: mellowparty]
    #18352587 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Brethus]
    #18352643 -

Asleep with no dreams and never waking up.

Nothing.

Edited by Beanhead (06/01/13 09:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Brethus]
    #18352665 -

We become God Almighty, then go on to our next life.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

:nyan: LGBT - Love God Before Tradition :nyan:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Beanhead] * 1
    #18352893 -

Beanhead said:
Asleep with no dreams and never waking up.

Nothing.



That actually sounds comforting


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: mellowparty]
    #18352991 -

By becoming nothing and going nowhere we are everywhere and everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: koods]
    #18353861 -

koods said:
Consciousness is an emergent property of the massive number of neurons in the brain. When those neurons stop functioning, consciousness and you cease to exist.



The existence of neurons doesn't relate anything to the idea of whether or not there is a life after death. Anyone who believes in a life after death would consider the body to be like a vehicle, neurons are only part of the body.

I find it strange when secularists point to some functioning of the body as reflecting on the whole idea, as if no one was previously aware that the body dies at the death of the body.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #18359396 -

ModestMouse said:
My theory.
Universe is expanding but eventually it will contract causing the big bang to happen again. There is no randomness in the universe so the big bang will happen exactly as it has previously. Meaning the exact same outcome and the exact same universe is being replayed over a VERY long time frame.
The good news?
When youre dead, time (the perception of it) is no more

The end result of my theory is that you are instantly reborn after death as the same person, and you live the same life. You are obviously completely unaware. Except for perhaps deja vu?? Not sure about that part but my friend suggested it and I've grown fond of using that to reason my theory.

Tldr: we are a film on repeat.



I fully belive that that is what happens. That is probably the only type of theory that would explain Deja Vu.. :bow2:


--------------------
Any post on this account is not meant to be believed and or followed. This account is for entertainment purposes only and is not meant to be taken seriously. I promise

You don't eat the shrooms. The shrooms eat you.

- The government is watching. Are we truly safe and free?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Brethus]
    #18359445 -

Not "what happens" but what IS happening if you really believe that.
makes more sense than the other ideas out there...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Repertoire89] * 1
    #18359584 -

Repertoire89 said:
koods said:
Consciousness is an emergent property of the massive number of neurons in the brain. When those neurons stop functioning, consciousness and you cease to exist.



The existence of neurons doesn't relate anything to the idea of whether or not there is a life after death. Anyone who believes in a life after death would consider the body to be like a vehicle, neurons are only part of the body.

I find it strange when secularists point to some functioning of the body as reflecting on the whole idea, as if no one was previously aware that the body dies at the death of the body.



well, you can believe whatever you want. It is called wishful thinking. Try to remove the very difficult to dismiss feeling that it can't just end, and it is easier to see that it does.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: koods] * 1
    #18359797 -

Well according to the second law of thermodynamics your particles just get rearranged infinitely

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Shroomopotamus]
    #18359871 -

Shroomopotamus said:
NWlight said:
Shroomopotamus said:
Back to where it all began.
It's the circle of life.



hippie

:heart:



Far from it actually.
:heart:



That's pretty much it recycling at its best. Unless you get shot into space some form of you lives on forever. Think about it even as minute as it may be we all contain parts of the very first forms of life. That fish you ate last week benefited from someone who died hundreds of years ago. ETC ETC :psycrankey: Hey if you guys get to have a love fest I get to be Me. :cool:

Edited by r00tuuu123 (06/02/13 08:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Brethus]
    #18359906 -

I'm on some Star Wars shit, son.

Our "essence" or energy is returned to the force, and recycled into other lifeforms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #18359968 -

ModestMouse said:
My theory.
Universe is expanding but eventually it will contract causing the big bang to happen again. There is no randomness in the universe so the big bang will happen exactly as it has previously. Meaning the exact same outcome and the exact same universe is being replayed over a VERY long time frame.
The good news?
When youre dead, time (the perception of it) is no more

The end result of my theory is that you are instantly reborn after death as the same person, and you live the same life. You are obviously completely unaware. Except for perhaps deja vu?? Not sure about that part but my friend suggested it and I've grown fond of using that to reason my theory.

Tldr: we are a film on repeat.



There is a movie about something similar to your theory. I believe it had tom hanks and halle berry in it, recent film, cloud atlas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Asante]
    #18359992 -

Wiccan_Seeker said:
We become God Almighty, then go on to our next life.



:billymaythumbup:


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #18360002 -

i think dmt dump makes you have a comforting, eternal experience. it doesnt actually last forever but it feels that way

aka heaven

your thoughts arent nearly as time sensitive as you think they are

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #18360077 -

ModestMouse said:
My theory.
Universe is expanding but eventually it will contract causing the big bang to happen again. There is no randomness in the universe so the big bang will happen exactly as it has previously. Meaning the exact same outcome and the exact same universe is being replayed over a VERY long time frame.
The good news?
When youre dead, time (the perception of it) is no more

The end result of my theory is that you are instantly reborn after death as the same person, and you live the same life. You are obviously completely unaware. Except for perhaps deja vu?? Not sure about that part but my friend suggested it and I've grown fond of using that to reason my theory.

Tldr: we are a film on repeat.



I believe in something like along these lines halfly..

the other half.. we go back into the ground and thats it.  Why do I think that?
Well.. before I was born.. thats more than enough evidence to persuade me into the "nothingness" view.  I didn't exist before I was born and don't remember it.. I die and no longer exist and don't remember it, why would it be any different from before I was born and then after?..

Edit: This body is nothing more than a bunch of matter and small amounts of energy working in unison, somehow giving me a form of consciousness.  When I die, the magnetism, electric and whatever other forces most likely disperse into the universe freeing my consciousness but the energy it takes to make me conscious is so miniscule and the universe being so large, their will most likely be no way my consciousness will come to how it was when I was alive (while im dead) to give me any sort of function/consciousness in general.  Basically, all the forces from dead people combine and make a super consciousness i.e. the universe.  Ever hear the term "well dead people usually make contact through electricity" hmm I wonder why..

This body im stuck in really is nothing but chemicals and me being a realist.. I see nothing after I die which I am more than happy to not exist at all.  I would hate to have to "think" for ever.  That scares the shit outta me.



I sometimes wonder though, kinda off topic but not really.. Think back to when you were about 1-7 years old when our brains were much less developed and.. small.  You really can't remember much.  I really wonder if this works with animals too.  Like..  Their lives feel like they pass so much faster and they barely remember it because their brains our much smaller/less developed than ours.  For example, their whole life is like.. how we live when we are young, time seems to pass way faster, pain is less strong/seems to pass quicker, memory is weak, ect.  I could go way deep into it but I'll spare the space.  Life is so strange/fascinating!


--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!


Edited by tripp23 (06/02/13 09:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: ModestMouse]
    #18360231 -

ModestMouse said:
My theory.
Universe is expanding but eventually it will contract causing the big bang to happen again. There is no randomness in the universe so the big bang will happen exactly as it has previously.


Only one flaw in your Theory universe means literally Everything. So expanding and contracting from what? Where does it all go or retreat from? even nothingness is something.  How do you get to the end or beginning of everything even if it is a loop what is beyond the loop? Where does it end or not end? It is something we may see in 1000 lifetimes  but give it some thought, Where did all this expansion go ? :strokebeard:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #18360234 -

Its like a balloon...you take the air out bu your still left with the outside. the reverse big-bang will be something like that


--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.


It's just a shot away..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: tripp23]
    #18360331 -

Quote:
]how we live when we are young, time seems to pass way faster, pain is less strong/seems to pass quicker, memory is weak, ect.  I could go way deep into it but I'll spare the space.  Life is so strange/fascinating!



Oh dear, you must be in your teens or early twenties. I think you have a surprise waiting for you in the future. Life goes by faster and faster. It is one of the most depressing facts of life that only reveals itself after you get comfortable with the pace of things. I'm statistically half way through this journey from a purely chronological perspective - but, from the perspective of how I perceive the amount of time behind me, and what's ahead - I'm probably 65-75 percent done

Let me put it this way. 1991 is half my life ago. 1991 doesn't seem all that long ago. In 1991, I can guarantee that I thought 1969 was the distant past. You probably think that about 1991.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (06/02/13 10:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where do you think we go when we die? [Re: koods]
    #18360475 -

I believe the intuitive faculty of "being impossible to not exist", which I believe everyone possess to some extent, is worthy of investigation. Hence spiritual practices.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Will we survive or die
( 1 2 3 all )
Cosm 4,272 53 01/05/05 06:05 AM
by Fliquid
* Terry Schivo has died.... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
dobinky 2,785 40 04/01/05 01:21 PM
by RedNucleus
* Food for thought. Have you heard the news about the 40000 children that died yesterday?? :-O
( 1 2 3 all )
infinitedot 6,989 43 04/02/16 07:55 PM
by specialpeopleclub
* Today's a good day to DIE.
( 1 2 all )
PrisonSong 2,534 28 02/14/05 06:08 AM
by Hanky
* old grudges die hard
( 1 2 3 all )
vivid 4,261 54 09/17/04 04:18 AM
by vivid
* what do you think happens when you die???
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 3,455 42 03/31/12 11:56 PM
by wtffuck
* Expanding Our Minds
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,390 20 05/10/04 12:07 PM
by Phencyclidine
* Expand your vocabulary ShroomismM 1,439 17 06/15/04 09:58 AM
by ivi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,200 topic views. 7 members, 8 guests and 81 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.