Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$
    #18200548 -

anyone going to cry about it? About the big corporations over head? :crying:

Of course I understand people's concerns with smallest business lacking the ability to pay over head. But with no consumer confidence those business go broke anyway. What is a business that sells pencils for $1 and sells 10,000 a day making .50 cents on each pencil and pays $9 an hour compared to a business that sells pencils and sells 1000 a day and makes .50 cents on each pencil and pays $7 an hour?

Confidence is the #1 reason a consumer spends money. $1 more shouldn't hurt much.. 10 employees less per business... obviously will


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: imachavel]
    #18200550 -

Its rare to see any jobs under 11$/hr here :shrug:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: imachavel] * 2
    #18200561 -

imachavel said:
Of course I understand people's concerns with business lacking the ability to pay over head.



do you realize that paying employees is part of their overhead?

if you raise the cost of labor employer demand for employees will diminish.

increasing minimum wage raises unemployment because anyone who cannot produce enough to be worth hiring for minimum wage are now out of a job.

minimum wage hurts unskilled workers like young people the most and locks them into a world of permenant unemployment.

they cannot get their foot in the door and improve their skills and wages by gaining experience.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: twighead]
    #18200563 -

My state has state taxes or is it property tax, i dunno, either way its not going to do anything beside make it easier to buy beer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: twighead]
    #18200565 -

minimum wage here in illinois is 8.25. over in missouri i think it's 7.25.


--------------------
:heartpump::sun::feelsgoodgurl::sun::heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: lunarpiscean]
    #18200567 -

ever since the government made minimun wage laws unemployment among youths has skyrocketed.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Konyap]
    #18200569 -

9.25 is nothing though for most business, there are jobs around here that start you at 9.25 and don't force you to work as hard as you would at say fast food

its just being raised because of inflation anyway

9.25 isn't going to pay the rent or get you a girlfriend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Shins]
    #18200571 -

Shins said:
imachavel said:
Of course I understand people's concerns with business lacking the ability to pay over head.



do you realize that paying employees is part of their overhead?

if you raise the cost of labor employer demand for employees will diminish.

increasing minimum wage raises unemployment because anyone who cannot produce enough to be worth hiring for minimum wage are now out of a job.

minimum wage hurts unskilled workers like young people the most and locks them into a world of permenant unemployment.

they cannot get their foot in the door and improve their skills and wages by gaining experience.



You are getting your foot in the door by accepting your first $7 an hour job? :facepalm:

Do you realize what a joke a person is to expect their employment cost of paying each employee an extra $50 a week to be the cost of their bank ruptcy? It's called.... sales volume dude..

It's why people can tear up a quarry, and sell each tile whole sale from the quarry for .25 cents a square foot, and the industry can usually make $8 million a year

IF EMPLOYERS NO LONGER HAVE A DEMAND FOR EMPLOYEES IT'S BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE A BUSINESS


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Konyap]
    #18200574 -

aiyobro said:
9.25 isn't going to pay the rent or get you a girlfriend



0$ isnt going to either when employers cant hire you because you aren't worth minimum wage.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: imachavel]
    #18200576 -

imachavel said:
You are getting your foot in the door by accepting your first $7 an hour job? :facepalm:

Do you realize what a joke a person is to expect their employment cost of paying each employee an extra $50 a week to be the cost of their bank ruptcy? It's called.... sales volume dude..

It's why people can tear up a quarry, and sell each tile whole sale from the quarry for .25 cents a square foot, and the industry can usually make $8 million a year

IF EMPLOYERS NO LONGER HAVE A DEMAND FOR EMPLOYEES IT'S BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE A BUSINESS



id like to respond... but i found that incoherent?


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Shins]
    #18200578 -

if you are in favor of a higher minimum wage,  why dont we raise it to $25 an hour?  $50 and hour?  how about $100 an hour?

if raising the minimum wage is a good thing why dont we just raise it to $1000 an hour?


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Shins]
    #18200580 -

If its that big of a problem then the business is likely prone to failure anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Konyap]
    #18200582 -

aiyobro said:
9.25 is nothing though for most business, there are jobs around here that start you at 9.25 and don't force you to work as hard as you would at say fast food

its just being raised because of inflation anyway

9.25 isn't going to pay the rent or get you a girlfriend



dawg I knew this guy that made 9.25 an hour and like.... bitches and shit.. and then like... he made so much he opened an identical business across the street and put the first one out of business... fucking A  :trollmove:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Konyap]
    #18200583 -

aiyobro said:
If its that big of a problem then the business is likely prone to failure anyway.




it sounds like you're saying that you don't mind if businesses close and unemployment increases?

terrible economics.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Shins]
    #18200588 -

He's saying the business would likely close eventually regardless of wages.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Shins]
    #18200592 -

Shins said:
if you are in favor of a higher minimum wage,  why dont we raise it to $25 an hour?  $50 and hour?  how about $100 an hour?

if raising the minimum wage is a good thing why dont we just raise it to $1000 an hour?



Now you are just pretending you are stupid with over dramatic completely irrelevant examples just to prove you are right in an extreme sense completely inconsistent to any example in reality. Republican much?

If you believe your house should be worth more, why not raise the price of your house from $200,000 to $800,000? Why not $2.5 million?  How about $10 million?

If housing prices go up, why not raise your house to $100,000,000? Do you honestly believe I'm this retarded? It's voters like you Romney appealed to, since Romney appealed to kindergartners, and Obama appealed to 6th graders, obviously Obama won :flowstone:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Shins]
    #18200593 -

hey man like i said what do i care 9.25 is just beer money to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: jewunit]
    #18200596 -

he also implied raising the minimum wage would speed up that process if what he claims is actually true, of which i don't agree.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: Shins]
    #18200602 -

Shins said:
aiyobro said:
If its that big of a problem then the business is likely prone to failure anyway.




it sounds like you're saying that you don't mind if businesses close and unemployment increases?

terrible economics.



It sounds to me like you don't think a business owner should be a skilled person, more so then an employee, and shouldn't have the experience to run a business with knowledge of sales.

Have you ever heard the term, a product sale is 5% the product value and 95% the value of the person selling it? Now once again, do you think a business should be run by an un skilled normal about average person? One that facing extreme over head of a lease and whole sale buying and licenses and other fees should be put out of business by tacking on maybe a few thousand or few thousand more then few thousand extra a year? How about property tax rates, how about large corporate industrial whole sale costs? How about businesses that used to buy things for $1 and sell for $2 now buying for $4.50 and selling for $5?

Are you speaking to the kinder garden section? They must love you, there are quite a few in America


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: so I hear the dems in office are planning to raise the minimum wage a few $$$ [Re: imachavel]
    #18200604 -

imachavel said:
Shins said:
if you are in favor of a higher minimum wage,  why dont we raise it to $25 an hour?  $50 and hour?  how about $100 an hour?

if raising the minimum wage is a good thing why dont we just raise it to $1000 an hour?



Now you are just pretending you are stupid with over dramatic completely irrelevant examples just to prove you are right in an extreme sense completely inconsistent to any example in reality. Republican much?

If you believe your house should be worth more, why not raise the price of your house from $200,000 to $800,000? Why not $2.5 million?  How about $10 million?

If housing prices go up, why not raise your house to $100,000,000? Do you honestly believe I'm this retarded? It's voters like you Romney appealed to, since Romney appealed to kindergartners, and Obama appealed to 6th graders, obviously Obama won :flowstone:




ok so what then is the magical number that we should raise minimum wage to?

im trying to clearly show you the negative flaws in raising the minimum wage.

why don't we raise it to $1000 per hour?

because of course then no one would be able to afford to hire anyone,  this is just an exaggeration of the effects that raising the minimum wage even just a little bit has.


I dont like Romney at all.

this is just economics 101


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Weapons of Minimum Destruction Ravus 962 3 08/23/04 02:33 AM
by Le_Canard
* The Plan. thenewuser 574 17 03/02/05 12:08 AM
by Twister
* A good plan???, a decent scheme??, my only choice. Psilocybeingzz 1,102 10 08/31/04 05:30 PM
by Gr8fulJ420
* Yo Nigga I Gots Dem Purple Caps and Silver Caps dawg! HidingInPlainSight 1,321 10 05/25/04 05:27 PM
by Yrtlzmo
* I have a new plan of action....Who's with me!!!!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Ripple 10,831 132 04/18/04 12:42 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* The offical 2004 Happy New Year Thread ? The Shroomery ? 2004, 2005
( 1 2 all )
JettaJay 3,882 33 12/31/04 03:54 PM
by DNKYD
* Offical Arizona Fall/Winter Campout. Nov. 6th and 7th Barbi 916 17 09/08/04 12:46 PM
by goobler
* friday plans BanJankri 1,027 17 10/22/04 12:31 PM
by OrangeVWCamper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,822 topic views. 2 members, 185 guests and 298 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.