Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
should I go to a psychiatrist, or a psychologist?
    #18195625 -

I've been addicted to crystal meth since Sept 2012. A few weeks ago, I had a life-changing mushroom trip that showed me that the seemingly perfect life I had been living all this time on meth was really a lie and if I don't stop using that my life will go to shit and I'll die a painful death. After that trip, I stopped using for almost 2 weeks... then I relapsed.

I'm finding that I just can't get through life without the help of stimulants. I liked when I could control my meth use and only do a line a day, and still be able to sleep every night.. now I've gotten to the point where a line just isn't enough and I'm abusing it...

So, my dilemma is.. should I try to convince a psychiatrist to prescribe me adderall, or should I go to a psychologist and see if talk-therapy will actually do anything for me? Which route would you choose if you were in my shoes?


--------------------
I heard tripping is fun.. so I don't tie my shoes before I go for a run... I'm so special that I'm retarded.

Things I've done: San Pedro Cactus(mescaline), Marijuana(smoked, cannabutter, dabs), MDMA, Mushrooms, LSD, Cocaine(insufflated), Crystal meth(insufflated, smoked), DOx blotter, ketamine(insufflated), DMT(smoked), MDA, Pharms (Adderall, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone, Fentanyl, Vicodin, Codeine, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Prozac, Metoprolol, Nebivolol, Lorazepam)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I go to a psychiatrist, or a psychologist? [Re: Shroomarathoner]
    #18195636 -

Go to a therapist and have a talk with her. Stop smoking meth now.


--------------------
I wish I was a headlight, on a northbound train:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I go to a psychiatrist, or a psychologist? [Re: 11nova]
    #18195723 -

11nova said:
Go to a therapist and have a talk with her. Stop smoking meth now.



This is good advice. I cannot direct you from personal experience but you are not alone. A therapist that you are able to trust could really do some good. Why replace one high with another? I don't think you should take amphetamines if you have been abusing them and or feel addicted to them.

I wish you support and good luck


--------------------
The smallest amount of love inside you is stronger than all of the evil in the Universe.


                         

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: should I go to a psychiatrist, or a psychologist? [Re: 11nova]
    #18195737 -

I know how it is man I was a straight dope head for a year then went to rehab and relapsed three months later. Now I'm almost a year clean after I stopped going to meetings and all the bullshit. If I learned anything it's that only the people with prior issues ie. depression, anxiety and so on benefit from talking all your shit out. For those if us who just really like our drugs all you can do is have self control and know that u don't wanna do it anymore. But I can guarantee that if you try and go from meth to aderall you'll be abusing that in a week

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psychedelic friendly psychologists/psychiatrists? *DELETED* thetechnician 288 1 02/21/16 08:23 PM
by hayabuser
* Seeing my psychiatrist soon
( 1 2 3 4 all )
psych_fck 4,369 68 04/18/16 12:44 AM
by Farmerlee
* Fuck psychiatrists square in the ass with a pestilent rotten zombie dick
( 1 2 all )
AsanteM 3,863 35 12/14/11 04:42 PM
by Jwlst
* I hate my therapist/psychologist. DarkElf 3,103 19 09/29/12 02:34 PM
by Mickalopagus
* The third largest psychological problem in the world
( 1 2 3 all )
Fungi_x 11,674 44 06/01/04 10:32 AM
by MOTH
* All psychologist want to talk about is my drug use
( 1 2 3 all )
Psyche delics 1,997 42 02/08/18 05:32 PM
by GoldenEye
* Considering seeing a psychologist, need advice. Anonymous 1,286 9 02/18/09 12:45 PM
by MushroomTrip
* How do I go to a psychiatrist or psychologist? Anonymous 1,264 4 05/02/12 07:10 PM
by All We Perceive

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
288 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.