Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Moments of complete unfamiliarity
    #1818293 - 08/15/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have been noticing people saying that the pub is getting boring, so i decided to bring up an interesting topic, to me anyways. I was wondering if any of you have ever experienced this on mushrooms. Its what im calling moments of complete umfamiliarity. This is when you look around, and just go "holy shit", what the hell is going on here. Like you look around at other people and just realize were just a bunch of monkeys! Or you see a car and realize what the fuck, theres a huge metal box traveling at insane speeds. Just being completely amazed at your sourroundings, and it seems like its the first time you have realized it. Just weird shit like that, and ever since i did mushrooms for the first time, i have had feelings like this even when not tripping!

I was just wondering if any of you have ever had thoughts like on mushrooms, or even just sober.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not sure whether to make another post on this, or to just put it on here, but the pub needs some good conversation so i'll put it here.

I was looking back at the very old posts the other day, and came across a post with a link to a pot-tv segment with a interview with Paul Stamets. He mentioned that while tripping, many people look around and get the feeling that this world is getting ruined, and that mushrooms are here to make us realize that. WOW!!! I have deffinitely had that feeling on mushrooms before and i think thats an AWESOME theory. I would love to hear what you guys think!

I hope to see some replies on both of these topics, thanks all. -RespectTheFungus

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: Moments of complete unfamiliarity [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1818302 - 08/15/03 11:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I totally get that feeling, a lot of times while sober and constantly while stoned! I mean, I see it as these weird ape creatures that suddenly jumped up and said "I'm feeling like being smart!" and we suddenly have skyscrapers, atomic bombs, medicinal science, and of all things: spam. :rasta: Yeah, it really is amazing though. I mean, when I'm on a plane, I look at all the other passengers just reading a book while taking off or trying to sleep and I just think "do these people understand the miracle they're experiencing right now?"

OfflineEthanEdwards
In which Dorisgets her oats

Re: Moments of complete unfamiliarity [Re: eggystardust]
    #1818414 - 08/16/03 12:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I kind of know what you are talking about. Last time I did mushrooms I started thinking about all of the people I know and wondering what my relationship to them was, how I met them, wondering how well I actually knew them. I convinced myself that everyone I knew was really a stranger.

--------------------
Everybody must give something back for something they got.- Bob Dylan

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
Nihilist RiFF RaFF
Other User Gallery Arcade Champion: Blackjack

Loc: BC
Re: Moments of complete unfamiliarity [Re: EthanEdwards]
    #1818455 - 08/16/03 12:12 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

when i was outside at 4AM for the meteor shower i was sitting watkhing the satilights bekause there were pretty easy to see, and you realize that like 100 years ago most people didn't have kars, but then BAM!!! we got big hunks of metal floating around above the earth.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Moments of complete unfamiliarity [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #1818485 - 08/16/03 12:22 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes its all really weird to think about. Anyone have any opinions on the second part of my post? About the theory that Paul Stamets has.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinepants
Butt.

Loc: Internet
    #1818554 - 08/16/03 12:51 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Edit: No Scat or other offensive images in the Pub. He'll we don't even allow that kind of thing in OTD anymore... :smirk:

--------------------
Posting large images in sign[a]tures is not allowed.

Edited by papaver (08/16/03 02:52 PM)

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Moments of complete unfamiliarity [Re: pants]
    #1818575 - 08/16/03 01:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Wow that is one big peice of shit, but not too much to do with the topic =/, lol oh well.

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#1818717 - 08/16/03 01:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hahaha, funny pic....but wehres the toilet paper?

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Moments of complete unfamiliarity [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #1818729 - 08/16/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Any of you guys have an opinion on Paul Stamets theory? I don't know maybe i'm the only one, but i think its an absolutely awesome idea he has.

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1819287 - 08/16/03 07:55 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Its what im calling moments of complete umfamiliarity.

It's called "jamais vu"

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Moments of complete unfamiliarity [Re: zeta]
    #1819524 - 08/16/03 12:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I know what Jamais vu is, but this is sort of different. Its more like you look around and can't believe that humans created all this, and sometimes its a shitty feeling cause you can see how we are ruining our once beautiful green earth =/.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Community >> The Pub