Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhitepolkadots
Stranger
pressure cooking long grain brown rice
    #1815210 - 08/14/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i was wondering if i could use the grain prep tek(normally used with rye berries and quart jars) with long grain brown rice and half pint jars. the idea was that i could just put the brown rice with water in half pint jars and pressure cook from there, and skip the grinding and mixing it with vermiculite. will this work? and if it will, how long should i cook the jars for?
/
/
/thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: whitepolkadots]
    #1815218 - 08/14/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: pressure cooking long grain brown rice [Re: whitepolkadots]
    #1815245 - 08/14/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:confused:do you want to use whole grain rice for spawn ?
i think it would take some magic to get that to fruit like a cake . 

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: pressure cooking long grain brown rice [Re: deanofmean]
    #1815313 - 08/14/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

the PF TEK has spawned out into the web and the spores are proliferating. It is basically a brown rice method with an improved formula by using vermiculite as a base and adding pulverized brown rice. The secret is in the vermiculite. When mycelium is cultured in just grain, the mycelium turns into a mass with little air space. But when grown with vermiculite, the mycelial threads stretch across space. The important thing about the PF TEK, is that it copies nature. Instead of the usual cloning of mushroom tissue and growing mushrooms from that, a mass spore inoculation is employed directly to the fruiting substrate. That way, the genotype remains complete. Senescence (mutating and ceased fruiting) is no longer a problem. The spores insure a never ending succession of fungus, with all the power of the spores reproductive ability intact." -- Professor PF

^^ read dat and believe dat!! ^^

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck