Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Post when you watch a movie
    #15423193 -

I'd like to make an on going thread here
I see "recommend a movie" threads all the time
well here is a chance to write reviews for any movie you've watched recently


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: CosmicFool] * 1
    #15423427 -



I caught this movie expecting some campy b-reel horror flick but I was actually caught off guard by how much I like it.  There I was at 2 in the morning, glued to the screen watching a movie about trolls.

This film is from Norway and is a shot on video, found footage style.  A documentary film crew is following a man who they think is a bear poacher.  Well it turns out that he is in fact a troll hunter.  He agrees to let them follow him and film his hunting of trolls if they follow a few rules.

This is one is very reminiscent of some of the giant monster movies that I cut my teeth on.  This film is very tongue-in-cheek but also takes itself very seriously at the same time.  In my experience, subtitled foreign films usually have a hard time translating comedy due to the language barrier but I did get quite a few great laughs during my viewing.

The only minor thing I will mention is the CGI used in the film, it's an independent film and has an independent film budget but it does what it can. I'm the type of person who can't watch anything on SyFy do to the poor CGI so Trollhunter holds up reasonably well.

I'll give it a :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:/10


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: CosmicFool]
    #15424203 -

Here I am at midnight and I just finished death race. Starting death race 2 right now.

If anybody wants to see these movies,
http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/search/?q=death+race&md=movies&sa=Search
Use the divxden.com links. But almost all the links work.

You can also use that website for almost any movie or tv show, but they orginize the tv shows crappilly. Otherwise, enjoy.

:cheers: :brilliant: :whatwhat:


--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: CrossingTheStar]
    #15593534 -



funny as hell, best slasher comedy I've seen in awhile


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: CosmicFool]
    #15593599 -



re-saw it on tv a few days ago, it's really something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: Synth Ethics]
    #15606093 -

I just watch Scream
I've never seen it before....
why was it so popular, it kinda sucked
it's far from the worst slasher I've watched but it was kinda meh


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: CosmicFool]
    #15606185 -



--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: Legend]
    #15606220 -

Just watched rise of the planet of the apes, best movie I've seen in years. Plot is completely believable, the story and charcters have a depth to them that I rarely see in any movie post 2000

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #15606396 -

I watched Space Cowboys again yesterday. I love that movie.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: Patlal]
    #15606423 -

Watched Matrix 1,2,3 today

Watching Big Lebowski now



I watch too many films!


--------------------
"He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man." --Psalms 104:14

And God said... I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. ..And to every beast of the earth.. I have given every green herb for meat... " Genesis 1:29-30

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: HunterChez]
    #15606443 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: CosmicFool]
    #17799102 -

Just noticed this thread in my favorites and think it would be awesome to continue it after a year lull.

I've been on a movie binge for the last couple of months and here's a rundown of what I've been watching.

This is what I'm watching as I'm typing this;
Exit Humanity: 3/5
A Civil War era zombie movie.


Here's more of what I've been watching (all of which are on netflix including the above):
Black Death: 3/5
A monk is recruited by a group of soldiers that have been commissioned to find out why a certain town has avoided the plague.

Cashback:  2/5
A collage student finds out he can pause time due to angsty woe.  Molestation ensues.

Devils Double:  2.5/5
A man is forcibly recruited to serve as Uday Hussein body double.

Football Factory:  3/5
A soccer (football) hooligan experiences horror filled dream; enjoys it.

Gunless:  4/5
The Montana Kid arrives in a canadian town unarmed and falls in love with town whilst rearming himself.

Killer Elite:  3.5/5
Man gives up being a mercenary but is forced on one last mission.

Poolhall Junkies:  3.5/5
A pool players painful growth from a hustler to a professional.

Revolver:  2/5
Man is released from prison and is forced to take part in a string of major heists.

The Devil Inside: 1/5 good, but don't like possession movies
Daughter of possessed woman attempts to exorcise her mother.

The Man From Nowhere:  5/5  (Japanese /w subtitles)
Mystery man goes on mission to take down a Japanese kingpin to rescue a little girl that he pities.

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Verginia:  1/5
Uninteresting documentary about a crazy family with the last name 'White.'

The Warriors Way:  5/5
The best samurai in Japan empathizes for those he has cut down and moves to the American west to escape those attempting to take his title.

Hopefully more people post in here so we can get a bunch of good movies going.

EDIT
I've added some descriptions and exacted my scores more than they were. 
Note: If it helps, a score of 3 or greater means I would watch it again.

Edited by Idiot (02/16/13 02:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie" [Re: Idiot]
    #17799112 -

Yellow Seea thanks to CJ-B

Check it out if you have Netflix! :awesome:


--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: Idiot]
    #17799122 -

You only gave Revolver 2/5?  I thought it was pretty good.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: MorphinTime]
    #17799125 -

I'm in China and the only english channel is HBO in this hotel...and they're playing romantic comedies all day.

just watched 50 first dates

two weeks notice is on next...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: MorphinTime]
    #17799139 -

MorphinTime said:
You only gave Revolver 2/5?  I thought it was pretty good.



Honestly I'm not good at scoring.  I didn't really like the style of Revolver though.  It was too predictable, I figured out that the people he was working with were his neighbors in solitary as soon as that part of the story was told.  There was a lot left to hope for in that movie.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: Idiot]
    #17799168 -

Recently I've watched:

Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker (based on the Anthony Horowitz book series) -
1.5/5
I knew it was gonna suck but it started out stronger than I expected.  I read the book as a kid and while sticking to the original plot would have made the movie dated, the alterations did nothing to improve the story.

Animatrix
4/5
Really enjoyed it.  I went into it not knowing anything about it and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a miniseries like expected. 

Megamind
3.5/5
Pretty funny and entertaining.

X-Men: First Class
3/5
I liked it more than X3. 

Madagascar 3
3/5
Didn't see the first sequel, but I liked this one better than the first.

Deathly Hallows Pt. II (About time, right?)
Conflicted feelings, but I was satisfied for the most part.  3.5/5



Idiot said:
Honestly I'm not good at scoring.  I didn't really like the style of Revolver though.  It was too predictable, I figured out that the people he was working with were his neighbors in solitary as soon as that part of the story was told.  There was a lot left to hope for in that movie.



The basic plot is predictable, and I think the movie relies too much on the assumption that it's not.  However, I liked the way the themes were done and I'd give it a 4/5.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: MorphinTime]
    #17799178 -

i watched The Usual Suspects yesterday, and i'm probably gonna get into The Fighter in a bit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #17799187 -

Usual Suspects is freaking awesome, recently watched that too.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post when you watch a movie [Re: MorphinTime]
    #17799190 -

What is your signature gif from? That looks like Be Somebody or Be Somebody's Fool or something.

I'm watching Swingers now. Most people have probably seen it, it's all right. Let's say 3/5. It makes me want to tell strangers I'm the guy behind the guy behind the guy.


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post a random vid from ur YouTube watch history plz
( 1 2 3 4 ... 69 70 )
zZZz 56,462 1,394 07/28/26 06:24 PM
by orison
* Winnebago Man NewbieS 656 16 09/06/10 04:38 PM
by The Vapor
* Abraham Lincoln has died
( 1 2 3 all )
Burke Dennings 5,914 45 08/08/05 01:19 AM
by Swampgift
* superbad JCoke 467 2 09/27/05 01:56 AM
by JCoke
* Superbad!
( 1 2 all )
Gastronomicus 3,188 27 08/29/07 09:22 PM
by VoidOfsPg
* Time to sleep. Superbad or Hamlet 2? shroomer33 292 0 05/19/11 02:49 AM
by shroomer33
* Most Disturbing Movie Ever
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
kosmic_charlie 19,815 155 09/23/24 06:57 PM
by TrancedOutBrah
* movies galore! suggestions PLEASE =)
( 1 2 3 all )
Raadt 5,719 46 01/24/21 03:31 PM
by psi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,227 topic views. 4 members, 13 guests and 187 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.