Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Spiritual Warrior or Certifiable Nutcase?
    #1776102 -

Had a little too much fun (read: alcohol) last night. Young, hot babes were all literally over me and I was quite flattered until I realized that I had stumbled upon H.C.C. (Hooker Control Central in The Aladdin). Then I was saddened as I must have looked to them like a geek that could not otherwise score. One "working girl" soothed my fears by telling me that I "reeked" of money and I was happy again. Ah, the fragile male ego... But I digress.

Anyway, to pay my physical karmic debt, I decided to go for a run. Now let me set the background: I am old, heavy, hungover, loathe running (like I go maybe once a year) and more importantly, I have no health insurance. Yep, just got back from a non-stop 3-miler in the blistering desert heat (112F!). Now I won't say that my pace was like lightning; to even call it plodding would be an insult to turtles everywhere. To an impartial observer, I might even have appeared to be stationary or drifting backwards (damn you to hell, Einstein); yet as my mass felt like it was approaching infinity, perhaps I was going quite fast. The point of this thread (as if there ACTUALLY is one) is on the relative merits of setting a goal and applying mental discipline and (stupidly) ignoring all obstacles. (That line may have stayed the moderator's delete finger, I dunno...)

So am I ready for the senior olympics or the looney farm? you be da judge.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (08/03/03 05:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiritual Warrior or Certifiable Nutcase? [Re: Swami]
    #1776199 -

Jogging really is very low on requred discipline when you compare it to something like qigong or shaolin gong fu, which require extreme amounts of discipline.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiritual Warrior or Certifiable Nutcase? [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1776289 -

Okay... YOU jog through 112?F heat and then tell me how easy it is.

And Swami, there's a certain amount of insanity within every spritual warrior. :wink:


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiritual Warrior or Certifiable Nutcase? [Re: Swami]
    #1776347 -

Good god man, get some health insurance. Even catastrophic with a high deductible would be better than nothing.  :shocked: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Spiritual Warrior or Certifiable Nutcase? [Re: Swami]
    #1776690 -

maybe you should go for the swimming... then go for the tred milll... then for the road! you nut case(jk). You arent going to get up unless you think you can. You got to get your spirit to move your ass man... maybe you should dance more often. :smile:. wait.. wait... that may be a little out of your league... JK!  :eyemouth:


--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spiritual Warriorism
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ShroomismM 4,683 64 11/05/04 07:37 PM
by Zekebomb
* The Path of the Warrior
( 1 2 3 all )
BloodNOil 3,403 57 10/19/05 11:32 AM
by Buddha1
* Spiritual Dilemna
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,755 49 04/05/04 10:48 PM
by Sclorch
* Schizophrenia from a spiritual perspective gettinjiggywithit 2,340 18 01/26/05 05:32 PM
by incubaby_421
* warrior-sage spudamore 765 8 04/02/06 11:37 PM
by gettinjiggywithit
* The Stages of Spiritual Growth
( 1 2 all )
Zahid 5,038 21 08/01/03 07:13 PM
by Phluck
* so is spirituality not welcomed here anymore
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Muppet 8,301 104 10/10/05 02:16 PM
by Rose
* Consciousness, Physics, and Spirituality. Reggaejunkiejew 2,386 6 01/16/17 07:38 PM
by Middleman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
649 topic views. 2 members, 4 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.