Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

For those still thinking about a grow chamber...
    #1756324 - 07/28/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I want to make a serious plug for the Poor Mans Pod
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1303334&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

With equipment from walmart, and some hydraton from a local hydroponics store the whole thing cost me $30 exactly. I have been using a strain of B+ for about 4 generations, and the first three were normal BRF cakes in a perlite teraium setup. I averaged about 4-5 inch stems. I just picked my first flush off the poor mans pod and the average size stem was upwards of 9-10 inches. This thing is cheap, easy and produces amazing results. If you havent setup a growing chamber yet I think you should seriously look at this design. And a big thanks to Magash for his work on this one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: TaoinShrrom]
    #1756963 - 07/28/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for your comments.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: Magash]
    #1757155 - 07/28/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

1 Question. WHy do you all go into this.
There are a few Great Grow CHambers out there. The only difference of yours is the air line goes into the "Lake" of water on the bottom and you gotta be XTRA carefull with not tipping Cakes over in the Water.

I dont get the point when a cake will always relatively grow the same amount from it, and your tryin to manipulate it to do everyflush in 1 or whats the point?

Im not dissin on anything, i love you guys, im just wondering why your do so much extra. thanks , pussy

OfflineSMAGE
Peppermint

Loc: In your head
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: pussycontrol]
    #1757211 - 07/28/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm also is this one just for cakes or can it be for caseings as well

--------------------
I dont know what your problem is, but I'll bet its hard to pronounce.

Offlinepsilofan
Question Sleep

Loc: Halls Of Valhalla, 3rd Do...
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: SMAGE]
    #1757621 - 07/28/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Magashs' pod RULES.
Cheap Too.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as death, and life is only a dream in which we are the imagination of ourselves."
-Hicks

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: psilofan]
    #1757934 - 07/28/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The cakes tiping is not a big deal, the water level should be below the geolite/hydroton. You dont want the water level getting above because, 1)Cakes dont float well, 2) The evaporation occurs because of the wet and exposed geolite. Also the cakes sitting on the geolite also serve as a bit of a rehumidifer, in theory. The air from the bottom is an important element. Read the thread I linked to for Magashs' explanation for the mixing of new/stale air and its benefit.

The air flow is perfect, the humidity and temperature stay perfect. And it requires no intervention on my part. Which is also kind of a negative since I am someone who loves to babysit his pets. It leaves nothing for me to do but wait and harvest.

Casings it might work but I am not sure if its the perfect thing. I have one "spent cake" casing in side my pod to test it out. The results are still up in the air. But included in the thread I linked to is a discussion by several people about how it might be altered for a perfect casing terrarium.

Those are my thoughts atleast.

Offlinerave_propaganda
this guy
Loc: eastcoast
    #1760093 - 07/29/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

sorry for the newbie question but ive been looking into this pod and it seams very good and its what i would suggest to my friend for his first grow. but i got one dumb question... what is geolite and where can i find it? what stores should i look in and under what section. thanks

--------------------
reality is a crutch for those who can't handle drugs

Anonymous

Post deleted by papaver [Re: rave_propaganda]
    #1760210 - 07/29/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Offlinerave_propaganda
this guy
Loc: eastcoast
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: ]
    #1760278 - 07/29/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

thanks, im not sure of any hydro stores in my area but i do know of a few plant nurseries that may carry hydro supplies. do i just ask for it by name?

--------------------
reality is a crutch for those who can't handle drugs

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: rave_propaganda]
    #1763145 - 07/30/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes.

To make a pod easy to use for casings put two holes in the top. Take two pieces of rubber or plastic and put a screw threw them. Now put them over the holes in a way that sliding the plastic or bubber makes the holes larger or smaller. This way you can control the humidity to the exact percent.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: Magash]
    #1763347 - 07/30/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

As an accomplished, yet retired, grower, can you tell me if I'm contam-freaking too much by being afraid of having small holes on cover of my terrarium where airborn spores can fall threw them, even if the holes aren't really big?

.fs.

Offlinenihilist
another systemof control

Loc: USA
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1763519 - 07/30/03 04:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If i used aquarium rocks in the pod, would it work just as well? Not the kind that are smooth, but the porous ones.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1763661 - 07/30/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"As an accomplished, yet retired, grower, can you tell me if I'm contam-freaking too much by being afraid of having small holes on cover of my terrarium where airborn spores can fall threw them, even if the holes aren't really big?"

I'm also wondering about this.. but I figure you could put some kind of filter over it. Would that hinder airflow too much?

OfflineBatFly
captain obvious

Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #1763689 - 07/30/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

tyvek! works PERFECT for ALL your filter needs!!! you can get it at any post office, and it's free. look for the large envolopes that feel like really smooth plastic/paper hybrid. it should also say on the flap or near a side "tyvek".

Offlinemmmbeefy
Renegade of funk
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: BatFly]
    #1763967 - 07/30/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe I'm totally missing something, but how does the air escape from this setup? Poke holes in the top of the Rubbermaid, and put filters over it? Would a double layer of coffee filters over several holes in the rubbermaid lid be sufficient for air exchange?

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: mmmbeefy]
    #1764023 - 07/30/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The only way I would be at all concerned with placing filters over the holes is if you are placing uncolonized casings into it. Fully colonized cakes or casings wouldn't have the same risk of contamination from the holes, which I think is small anyway. So for using it only as a fruiting chamber poke several holes on one side of the lid. It allows for plenty of air exchange as my fruits have been showing lately. Off of 5 cakes my first flush is just short of a dry ounce.

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
    #1766027 - 07/31/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

would u need to spray it Every so often to get the HUmidiTy >or the poked holes>would give enuff air exchange in humidity..>coffee filters?how many holes do U poke?!

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Offlineguitarnut
journeyman
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: botanisthype]
    #1766177 - 07/31/03 01:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

would using this POD be better than using casings?

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: guitarnut]
    #1766411 - 07/31/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The humidity in my chamber stays at 95-100 RH with no sparying at all. The whole point of the pod is to give a totally automated system that handels all the humidity and air exchange. Two holes on one side of the lid work perfect for me. The pod and cassing are two very diffrent things. I am not sure the pod as I have it is that great with casing because the humidity stays really high and their is concern that the air exchange might not be quiet enough for casings. But it works absolutely beautifully for cakes.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: For those still thinking about a grow chamber... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #1770015 - 08/01/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

With small holes in the top the pump running all the time keeps a airflow going out the holes so it's kind of tough for anything to go into them. Contams have a better chance getting in when you open your pod for some reason.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds