Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here!
    #17554904 -

Err maybe I should say ex-dopefiends?

I am a complete idiot and spent many years as a huge oxy fiend.  From 2007 to January 1, 2012 (made it my 2011 NYE resolution to quit for good, as it had absolutely ruined every facet of my life - so I did it up huge for the last time on Dec 31, 2011, then never looked back). 

I can honestly say I'm over it physically and mostly mentally (it may enter my mind briefly to go cop a 10-pack, but I've learned to squash this on the rare occasion I do think it) but I'm stuck with a very annoying problem.  I'M COLD ALL THE TIME.  Not that sick sweaty cold, but just downright cold.  My hands and feet are always like ice to the touch, and I just feel cold down to the core of my being, ALWAYS.  Only thing that helps is a scalding bath or to pile on the blankets.  I'll be sitting at work in a coat all day long.  The only thing that makes me feel normal temperature is a random suboxone here & there (I don't take them to get high, I'll split an 8mg strip into 8 pieces and take a piece as needed, literally no more than one piece a week, if that.  My friends joke I can make one sub last a year :lol:).

This isn't a suboxone w/d feeling....I don't w/d anymore, plus I know what that feeling feels like :sad: and this is NOT that.  I've felt cold like this ever since I quit, and it's been a year and hasn't gone away.  Am I fucked forever?  I feel like a real live ice queen!!  It could be way worse, but this is extremely annoying, and I'm tired of random people's comments and such about how I'm always cold - if everyone only knew what it took to get to this point!! :crankey:  Will this go away?  (this sounds dumb as hell, but am honestly curious if this is a common-ish occurrence).

edit: goddammit, meant to post this in Other Drugs, but I was fucking around in here......well anon opinions are just as good as the folks in there, so let's do this!)

Edited by Anonymous (01/15/13 11:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17554933 -

I've use a bit of oxy's and know that heroin slows blood circulation. Have you tried working out or just long walks to get your blood pumping?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17554937 -

But I have not gone deep enough in the rabbit hole to experience that sorry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17554941 -

It seems to be pretty normal, but I couldn't tell you why.
I spent many years with oxycodone and then heroin.
Clean of opiates for nine months, and I still get 'cold flashes' daily since quitting.
I've asked a friend who also had an opiate addiction, and he experiences the same thing.

So, as far as I see, it just seems to be par the course.
Just wish I could tell you or myself why :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #17555037 -

You can move to hawaii with me
Problem solved

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17555044 -

Anonymous #2 said:
I've use a bit of oxy's and know that heroin slows blood circulation. Have you tried working out or just long walks to get your blood pumping?



I do go jogging 3 times a week (4 if I'm really motivated, 2 if I'm feeling sorta lazy) and during exercise and for a small period after, I feel fine, but once I'm at work or anywhere stationary I'm back to freezing.  I've always assumed this cold feeling was somehow related to the pill shit I went through, since I don't remember feeling constantly cold before I touched oxy.  Like I'm sitting here typing this and my hands, legs & feet are all ice cold, even though I have on socks, booties, sweatpants and two sweatshirts on with the heat up to 76.  My gas bill will be killer :blush:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #17555046 -

Anonymous #4 said:
You can move to hawaii with me
Problem solved




Now that's the ticket...please swoop me up from this freezing midwestern hellhole, I am so fucking serious :hug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17555059 -

I'm actually going there through the WWOOF hawaii organization gonna be fun and get me out of Oregon for awhile :  )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #17555078 -

I always got clammy super cold
Feet and hands on
Meth. I would microwave a bottle of water and put it at my feet. But that doesn't fix the problem. My gf is currently dt after a year and a half of
Use I will ask her if she is xp this. Maybe try some stimulants high caffeine coffee. That worked for mine but I was used to uppers sooo..... Sorry

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17555100 -

Or maybe try to be as healthy and drug free as possible?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #17555184 -

That is so crazy, I actually looked into WWOOF a while back in between jobs, it sounds fucking amazing!!  Jealous :grin:

Yes, I do need to be healthier in general.  Like I said, I do run a few times a week, but I also smoke (cigs) and trying to quit.  I know those don't do me any favors either in the circulation dept.  I just always tied in this coldness with coming off the drugs, but it just never went away - it's the one thing that stayed.  But again, it's not the withdrawal cold sick sweaty shit - it's just a flat out COLD feeling all the time.  I'm hoping it goes away in time, but it's already been a year.  But maybe one year clean isn't enough yet to physically counterbalance the 4 years of being doped out :lol:

  Also thinking of going back to a vegan diet - that plus quitting smoking & expanding my workout routine.  It may just take some more time repairing whatever the hell those pills did to me....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #17555195 -

Anonymous #2 said:
I always got clammy super cold
Feet and hands on
Meth. I would microwave a bottle of water and put it at my feet. But that doesn't fix the problem. My gf is currently dt after a year and a half of
Use I will ask her if she is xp this. Maybe try some stimulants high caffeine coffee. That worked for mine but I was used to uppers sooo..... Sorry




Haha, that's like the opposite huh?  You would get cold from meth, and I would feel warm as fuck while on oxy.....I actually drink a lot of coffee in the morning, plus a mountain dew can or two during the day, which is a LOT of caffeine.  Actually something I'm trying to cut way back on.  For some reason, I've always hated drinking plain old water - I always have to add in some lemon or lime juice or something.  It's easier to just grab a can of coke at work.  But I'm actively trying to cut down on sugary drinks.  Yeah, if you get a chance ask your gf - I have like no experience with meth/uppers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #17555827 -

even using 1mg of suboxone once a week....considering the long halflife of bupe...you still have opiates in your body just about at all times (if you really do take it weekly....or more frequently) so your really not clean.

don't take any opiates for a few months, your body returns to normal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Oxy, smack...dopefiends get in here! [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #17557413 -

Anonymous #5 said:
even using 1mg of suboxone once a week....considering the long halflife of bupe...you still have opiates in your body just about at all times (if you really do take it weekly....or more frequently) so your really not clean.

don't take any opiates for a few months, your body returns to normal.




Dude, 1mg won't stay in you for a whole week. Come on now.  Not at any level that would cause this cold phenomena.  IF that's all he is taking than there's no way bupe is what is doing this IMO.  Sounds like bad circulation to me. 

OP, you a heavy smoker (cigarettes)?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lied about heroin
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 727 40 11/02/13 07:55 PM
by Anonymous
* Porn y relationships
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 3,128 60 03/24/18 09:05 AM
by Anonymous
* i hate you mary jane
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 769 25 02/02/08 01:49 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
459 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.