Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train.
    #17547884 -

There's one thing you need in life to get ahead faster than normal people and its contacts.

You can be a genius, but if if nobody knows you, odds are you'll be missing out on a lot of things

So starting today I'm updating my Facebook, updating my LinkedIn account and I'm using Twitter.

Enough of this stupid rebellion against the real world and staying away from social media. This shit is the future and I'll gonna abuse it. Staying in my little corner of the world, alone, unnoticed, away from the real world doesn't work for me anymore.

The world was made for extroverted people and I'll have to act the part if I want to move up.

Who's with me?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #17547897 -

I think I'll keep to my little corner thanks


--------------------
:bonghit:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Patlal]
    #17547901 -

I used to have a face book but I always just got pissed off when ever I went on it,
but in hindsight it is a pretty useful tool.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #17547909 -

Quote:
odds are you'll be missing out on a lot of things




A lot of stupid shit.


--------------------
[quote]sVs said:
Adorable overload is imminent.[/quote]

[quote]YSHServant  said:
You are on my turf when you are in the pub.[/quote]

[quote]ButteredToast said:
Shroomery 2012- Thread goes from discussing a possibly deceased member to posting nudes of her.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Patlal]
    #17547914 -

You can reach so many people through facebook. That's the cool thing about social networking I think, especially if you have a message you want to share. :yesnod:


--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."


UBUNTU- I am because we are.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #17547950 -

Your future selves are telling you to turn back!!!

It's a dead end!
You'll realize you get so involved in it, that it makes it difficult to leave, and all it does is make you stupid.

Do not buy into fads.
And things that give way to robotisms.


--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Patlal]
    #17548130 -

Advice:  Keep your linked in entirely professional and "clean".  Don't post anything immature or childish on it.  Linked in is an awesome professional networking tool.

You want to use your linked in as an expanded business card.  Accept almost every request (as long as they're a real person) since you'll get job "recommendations" from others.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: GrimTroll]
    #17548134 -

GrimTroll said:
Your future selves are telling you to turn back!!!

It's a dead end!
You'll realize you get so involved in it, that it makes it difficult to leave, and all it does is make you stupid.

Do not buy into fads.
And things that give way to robotisms.



I think we can officially say that social media isn't a fad anymore.

It's the Internet 2.0


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: badchad]
    #17548139 -

badchad said:
Advice:  Keep your linked in entirely professional and "clean".  Don't post anything immature or childish on it.  Linked in is an awesome professional networking tool.

You want to use your linked in as an expanded business card.  Accept almost every request (as long as they're a real person) since you'll get job "recommendations" from others.



Yeah. I'm keeping it squeaky clean. Just like my Facebook page. On the Shroomery I say stupid shit cause its anonymous, but on Facebook I behave. You'll never ever see a pic of me wasted anywhere on the Internet.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Patlal]
    #17548152 -

Patlal said:
badchad said:
Advice:  Keep your linked in entirely professional and "clean".  Don't post anything immature or childish on it.  Linked in is an awesome professional networking tool.

You want to use your linked in as an expanded business card.  Accept almost every request (as long as they're a real person) since you'll get job "recommendations" from others.



Yeah. I'm keeping it squeaky clean. Just like my Facebook page. On the Shroomery I say stupid shit cause its anonymous, but on Facebook I behave. You'll never ever see a pic of me wasted anywhere on the Internet.



or a picture of yourself at all on this website even though you wanted to start the thread so badly knowing it gets posted in for an entire year. :crankey:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Everlong]
    #17548163 -

:lol: I love you Everlong.


--------------------
[quote]sVs said:
Adorable overload is imminent.[/quote]

[quote]YSHServant  said:
You are on my turf when you are in the pub.[/quote]

[quote]ButteredToast said:
Shroomery 2012- Thread goes from discussing a possibly deceased member to posting nudes of her.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: xanderofpella]
    #17548207 -

BeefheartisBetter said:
:lol: I love you Everlong.



It's good to be back.

:feelingfab:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Well, screw it, I'm hopping on the Facebook/Twitter/Linked In train. [Re: Everlong]
    #17548310 -

Not cool dude.

I was totally going to draw you a picture for your fridge, too!


--------------------
"I get up, I get down." Insect Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jumpin on a train?
( 1 2 all )
hairs 2,883 23 08/23/04 05:53 PM
by C20H25N3O
* Hip hop for mushrooms...
( 1 2 3 all )
filthysock 8,589 58 03/28/11 03:48 AM
by Ima Trooper
* fuck twitter
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Coaster 5,399 60 06/30/11 02:32 PM
by IamMatt
* What does a Vermont Driver's License look like (Trying to screw the system) StrandedVoyager 2,734 7 07/25/05 01:34 AM
by Fospher
* tony hawk skateboards through the white house - live on twitter ZippoZM 850 6 06/20/09 02:50 AM
by igwna
* BWAHAHHAHA weed cliniks are getting on twitter so you get up to date special offers
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Coaster 5,305 73 07/07/09 02:44 PM
by Taco Chef
* Marines Ban myspace, twitter, facebook, and other social sites
( 1 2 3 all )
j0nnyb0y05 3,405 40 08/05/09 07:27 AM
by DeeGee
* Anyone Twitter? sm0k3d 1,406 15 02/26/09 08:41 AM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
699 topic views. 3 members, 14 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.