Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineomniscientlore
shroominwolverine

Loc: The desert of the real
wonderin if i should worry?
    #1752819 - 07/27/03 01:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

recently my cakes were all covered in mycelium. i let them sit an extra few days just to make sure that everything was covered. When I took the lids off I noticed that the mycelium spread to the layer of dry verm on the top. I asked about how to put the cakes onto the perlite (tinfoil post) and it was recommended to put some H2O2 on the layer of dry verm. Since it was covered I added a small layer of dry verm (about the cap level of a 1/2 pint ball jar)and dampened it with the peroxide. Then I put the cake on it and placed it in my poor mans pod (thanks magash). Should I worry about the peroxide drying out the cake? I have the bubblers and the air pump set up, so the case has a rather high humidity and such. So any suggested changes? Worry? Thanks

--------------------
'On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero'- Tyler Durden/Narrator

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGestaltAssault
Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
Re: wonderin if i should worry? [Re: omniscientlore]
    #1752828 - 07/27/03 01:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

no need to worry...you can think of hydrogen peroxide as a water molecule with an extra oxygen atom attached to it...when that extra atom breaks off h2o2 becomes h2o...

--------------------

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
Re: wonderin if i should worry? [Re: omniscientlore]
    #1752831 - 07/27/03 01:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just to let you know, the PF TEK states that there will be some wispy mycelium in that top layer. I believe that it says not to worry about that, just scrape off most of the verm layer. Don't take this to be absolute as I'm a begginer myself! Happy Shroomin!!

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: wonderin if i should worry? [Re: wicish1]
    #1753572 - 07/27/03 06:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah. You can scrape that off with no problem. Heck, SWIM noticed some really active mycelium growing through the tyvek filters he used when he went to birth the last cakes he birthed...%)

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation