Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefoxy
Stranger
BLUE mycelium
    #1749935 - 07/26/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I had a beautiful growth of pure white mycelium. The substrate looked a little dry so I gave it a tiny spray of distilled water. The sprayer was cleaned. The mycelium started to turn blue within an hour. What did I do wrong??? Thanks muchly, Foxy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: foxy]
    #1749946 - 07/26/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the bottle you used must have had contams in it, i would get rid of that cake asap(i assume your using the PF tech, which is for beginners, you have to be a beginner if ya dont know that the blue is a contaminent)

InvisibleGestaltAssault
Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: ]
    #1749977 - 07/26/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said:
the bottle you used must have had contams in it, i would get rid of that cake asap(i assume your using the PF tech, which is for beginners, you have to be a beginner if ya dont know that the blue is a contaminent)

blue could also mean damaged mycelium...when you sprayed...did beads of water form on top of the mycelium? if so the mycelium underneath may have drowned...i dunno about that happening in an hour though...what is the temperature inside the chamber?

--------------------

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: GestaltAssault]
    #1749995 - 07/26/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm When you spraid the cake did you put the spray bottle right up or next to the cake before you spraid it?If so maybe the force of the spray brused the cake(mycelium) and when the mycelium gets brused it turns blue with in seconds and you should always use h2o2(hydrogen peroxide) for all the water that comes next to or onto the mycelium to cut down the chance of contams.I never heard of blue contams turning a cake blue with in an hour that sounds kinda fast to me but it still could be cotams but I don't think so I would have to see a pic of the cake to be sure.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: GestaltAssault]
    #1749996 - 07/26/03 12:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

blue is bruising don't worry...
It happens :spliff:

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: ]
    #1750234 - 07/26/03 05:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

you have to be a beginner if ya dont know that the blue is a contaminent

i think what u ment to say is "you would have to be a beginner if ya dont know that bluing is a normal sign of damaged mycellum"

ahhh the n00b leading the n00b...

[hyp]

OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #1750330 - 07/26/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

are the cakes still in the jars? or are they birthed?, may be a stupid question but i would just like clarification.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: foxy]
    #1750337 - 07/26/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You mycelium is just bruised.

When in doubt, trust the Mods that post in your thread. Look for the green name of approval.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinefoxy
Stranger
Re: BLUE mycelium [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1751048 - 07/26/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks all for the info. Yes I am a newbie and yes I knew that blue was either bruising or contamination. I just didn't expect it to happen like that when I sprayed. The container was cleaned with bleach and rinsed with distilled water. I was very carefull when I sprayed and it was a gentle mist. Yes, the water did bead a bit on top but there was no foul smell. I figured I did something wrong and had wrecked it (and being it was a small container) so I didn't have anything to lose by throwing a bit of casing on top of it. I have a beautiful white growth again. GO FIGURE : > wish me luck and thanks again for the support.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate