Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Atlantic coast road trip
    #17138352 -

So any day now, I am taking a little roadtrip down the coast.  My planned stops so far are NY, Philadelphia, DC.

I don't have much money for things other than gas.  No hard rules but I will probably remain sober alot of the time, that is part of the reason I am going, to clean up.

I have a place to stay around DC, so I figure I will see how I'm doing when I get there and decide if I can keep heading south or perhaps head west into the interior.

Is there anything in this general area I should make a point to see?  I haven't seen much outside New England.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17138368 -

I know it doesn't sound exciting, but jersey could use some help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17138373 -

You should make a point to wait until shit is back in order.

Go to Small's if you like jazz.
http://smallsjazzclub.com/


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: joshisstoned]
    #17138374 -

With what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: joshisstoned]
    #17138386 -

If you were heading down the coast, I'd head from DC straight down through the barrier islands off of NC, the Outer Banks.  Good scenery, chill people, beach camping and shit that's cheap.  If you do it in the touristy-season it'll be a little more pricy, obvoiusly.

Good times though, and there's not much going on in that latitudinal range on the mainland, so you'd might as well be drivin' south on the islands.








Edited by memes (10/31/12 06:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: memes]
    #17138433 -

:shocked: That is amazing.  I will take that into serious consideration, thanks.

I'm trying to stay away from bars.  If anyone knows good taco or BBQ places I could probably spring for one or two of those.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17138552 -

moonrockmushy said:
:shocked: That is amazing.  I will take that into serious consideration, thanks.




Trust me when I tell you that if you head south down past NC, you'd be dumb not to take that route -- unless you know someone at like ECU or UNC that you want to visit.  Then you should drive down boring old 95-South.

But forreal.

From DC:
95-S
295-S towards Norfolk/VA Beach
64-E towards Norfolk/VB
Exit 284 towards Downtown Norfolk (264 West)
Follow signs for I-464 (South, I think. There'll only be one option, I-464 starts there)
At the end of I-464 (it's like 5mi long), take 168-S towards Nags Head/Outer Banks.

About an hour later, 168-S turns into 158-S.  Shortly thereafter you cross a bridge and are in Nags Head. 










Do it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #17138659 -

hey man, i grew up outside of baltimore, lived in morgantown wv for 2 years and ive lived in NE PA for the past almost 8 months. if you get a chance look at rock state park in harford county md, there is a place called the king and queen seat which is fucking awesome, and a small but pretty cool waterfall called falling branch falls or kilgore falls about 10 mins from the king and queen seat. deer creek is right there too which is cool. west virginia is cool in the mountains, cheat lake is pretty cool which is right outside of morgantown. the actual coast might be kinda crazy to go down cause all of the damage from sandy. check out the adirondacks if you can in upstate new york, place called scarface ridge or mountain is neat and there are pretty much endless trails and state parks up there. further south i would hit the appalachin mountains, i love it around there. deep creek lake in md is cool. north carolina id go for the mountains too, there are some pretty epic views there. if you want to see cities id say definitely DC, baltimore is always a good choice to me because of the fact thats where i was born:super: philly is cool, especially the historic parts. let me know if you're into seeing historic stuff and ill give you more of that kind of stuff.
the king and queen seat:
falling branch falls/kilgore falls:
cheat lake:
muddy creek falls md:


--------------------
ModestMouse said:
"Much love for all of the regs here that's all I got to say
:goodnight: "

:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17138756 -

I think any place can be enjoyed. You should stop off in some random town. You could come to Wilmington, DE and I'll show you the ghetto in the most dangerous city in the US, haha.

But really, I think stopping in a random ass town and eating at some Chinese place in a shopping plaza is always going to be a much better experience than seeing some tourist trap.


--------------------

Take a look at my journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: Darwin23]
    #17138776 -

Thanks Trippin!  That is exactly the sort of stuff I'm looking for.

I am really all about the in-between places Darwin.  And I really got nothing that I'm afraid to lose, so I'm all about dangerous places.  My only concern is I'm trying to stay off drugs for the most part, and I'm more suited for rural environments.  I'm always up for the experience, but just as a sidetrip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #17139729 -

When you're in DC, you should go to the DEA museum. They will try to scare you away from drugs. Although, it will probably make you want some. So, maybe don't go.

Either way, it is a real museum: http://www.deamuseum.org/museum_visitors.html


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Atlantic coast road trip [Re: koods]
    #17140236 -

Ha!  I'm actually going to Arlington so maybe I will!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Penguin's Road Trip mntlfngrs 701 3 11/22/03 07:46 AM
by Ripple
* anyone in Morgantown wv? berdinwall 573 14 02/04/14 08:43 PM
by aysen
* It Was 105 in Richmond and Norfolk, VA Today FeedingMyDreams 722 10 07/26/10 02:31 AM
by Konyap
* longboard from morgantown to all--good rickyz 538 1 04/15/11 05:12 AM
by the spiral
* A Trans-Atlantic Subway?
( 1 2 3 all )
CherryBomM 3,459 47 11/29/04 04:06 AM
by CherryBom
* Mass Shroomery trip!
( 1 2 3 all )
Purple_Voyage 6,278 44 02/23/03 05:24 PM
by Dogomush
* Mass Shroomery trip #1 28th Feb
( 1 2 3 all )
Purple_Voyage 9,333 43 03/02/03 08:59 AM
by c0ma
* Eastern Coast storm... ivi 1,179 9 09/25/03 03:44 PM
by Xochitl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
838 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 162 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.