Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15990857 -

reeferaddict69 said:
Revelation said:
Tried it.

It was terrifying.  :thumbup:



What was it like?  I'm curious about Ibogaine.:strokebeard:



There are normal hallucinations the first 3-4 hours of the experience, but there seems to have been memory hallucinations up until the very end of the experience. I had a clear memory of myself moving around some boxes in here, but when I woke up after a nap I found all the boxes to be gone. I initially thought that somebody had been here and had taken them, but after careful examination of the memories I concluded that I must have had a very real looking dream of myself moving the boxes around. Ibogaine is a very interesting substance. I have much more respect for it now than I did in the beginning of the experience. The experience itself can be quite painful, but after the experience has finished you feel great. Be aware though that it might be a bit dangerous in high doses or for people with medical problems, which is a bit ironic as the Biwiti tribe use ibogaine to treat medical problems.

We humans seem to have a conflict between what brings immediate pleasure, and long term happiness. As children we think much more about the immediate pleasures of life, than about our long term happiness. As we grow older we might start to think more about long term happiness. If heroin is a drug that gives immediate pleasure but long term unhappiness, then I believe ibogaine is a drug that gives immediate suffering but long term happiness.

Edited by Zanthius (03/24/12 07:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Zanthius]
    #15992496 -

It makes you feel that shitty huh?

:lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Mafeki]
    #15992517 -

Mafeki said:
It makes you feel that shitty huh?

:lol:



In the beginning of the experience it attacked my body quite a lot. I must admit I was a bit afraid of dying, but this might very well have been irrational fear as I have no way of knowing exactly how close I was to death. Alcohol also attacks the body, but people rarely get afraid of death when they drink a lot, as we have a long tradition of that in our culture. It might be just as dangerous however to drink a lot of alcohol as to take a large dose of ibogaine. We probably have a higher rate of death from alcohol intoxication in our culture than the Bwiti have of death from ibogaine intoxication in their culture.

Edited by Zanthius (03/25/12 02:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15992897 -

reeferaddict69 said:
Revelation said:
Tried it.

It was terrifying.  :thumbup:



What was it like?  I'm curious about Ibogaine.:strokebeard:



It's very hard to describe but i'll give it a go.

Firstly, yes it was definitely terrifying.  There is an initial phase that lasts a couple of hours.  It was during this time that my heart rate leapt upwards and I was a little scared for my life.  Ibogaine is notoriously hard on the heart.  I knew this might happen, and I knew iboga wasn't something to be entered into lightly.  Even so, I was overcome with feeling of guilt for embarking on this selfish journey when it would certainly be a worry to the people close to me if they knew what I was going through.  During this time I heard the scolding voice of what others have termed the spirit of iboga.  I was given valerian root and oxygen to calm  down, and when that didn't work finally valium. After this the disconcerting effects on my body began to subside, and I settled into an extended (48hour +) period of a state of consciousness akin to REM sleep.  I was still semi-awake, although movement was difficult.  My limbs were heavy and my vision was impaired with flourescent afterimages and electric-white halos.  There was also a persistent loud buzzing.  A lot of these sensations were familiar to me from having sleep paralysis. I think this is because they are both states which lie somewhere between waking and sleeping. 

And then the dreams started.  And this is where it gets tricky to explain.  Physically I was lying on the bed, occasionally getting up to stagger to the bathroom.  Yet I was also, variously, at home, at Grandmas house, at Disneyland, and at a multitude of other various locations, some real and some imagined.  The dreams were long, intricate and story-like.  Internally consistent like watching a movie.  Have you ever had a dream that felt real, and then tried to describe it to someone only to find yourself lost for words?  It's like that. They feel real because of the immediacy of the emotions.  The content is meaningless without the emotional context, and the context is unique to the individual.  I guess it's like trying to describe your life, or the face or body of someone you love. 

Zanthius mentioned earlier thinking he had moved boxes around, but then reflecting and realizing that it must have happened in a dream.  This kind of thing happened to me a lot.

At one point I dreamed that I had been a witness to a murder and that the killers knew who I was and wanted to pin the whole thing on me.  This entire sequence (like all of it) was so detailed that it would take a hollywood screenwriter to come up with it! The experience seemed "real". It was only after I remembered I was in an entirely different country that I realized it couldn't have happened.  This is why it's important to have a sitter.

There were many, many dreams like this.  Not all of them were frightening but most had this kind of macabre quality to them.


--------------------

Edited by Revelation (03/25/12 06:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Zanthius]
    #15994348 -

Well alcohol relaxes you and prevents you from panicking.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Zanthius]
    #17084558 -

Just wanted to say that I recently tried Ibogaine the second time. This time I mixed the TA extract with dough and ate it. This tasted much better than the tea I had made the first time, it was much more friendly to my stomach, and it was released more slowly into my blood stream. I had a much better experience over all. I had stronger visual hallucinations, but I was awake the entire 24 hour trip and I felt quite in control of myself. The trip felt much like if I was blown away to the other side of the universe for 24 hours ( and the clock on my wall seemed to almost stop for a while too.. it felt like hours were passing while the clock on my wall showed the same time... that was a bit disturbing ).

Ibogaine interacts with at least 3 different receptors in the brain. The 5-HT2A receptor, the NMDA receptor, and the k-opioid receptor. While stimulation of the k-opioid receptor down-regulates the reward system in the brain which is involved in addictive behavior, stimulation of the k opioid receptor also causes frightening and painful experiences. However, Ibogaine's interaction with the NMDA receptor causes a blockage of signals from the body to the neocortex. I suspect this serves to make the Ibogaine experience less frightening and painful. The neocortex is also stimulated through Ibogaine's interaction with the 5-HT2A receptor ( which is responsible for most of the hallucinogenic effects ).

Ibogaine is a truly remarkable molecule. It seems almost like somebody has constructed the molecule to interact precisely in this way with these 3 specific receptor types. I suspect that a machine intelligence on another planet in another solar system might have transferred the pattern for the molecule into Tabernanthe iboga's genetic structure. This might also be the machine intelligence I seemed to be interacting with during the trip.

Edited by Zanthius (10/23/12 11:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ibogaine & self discovery - best trip report ever! (long)
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 3,810 23 10/28/08 08:33 PM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Ibogaine is downright amazing
( 1 2 3 4 all )
deranger 2,310 62 05/30/11 05:50 PM
by deranger
* Treating drug addicts with Ibogaine Zanthius 439 4 10/28/12 06:37 AM
by redgreenvines
* Ibogaine interactions in the brain Zanthius 895 4 01/26/13 03:58 PM
by The Phleg
* AIDS Drugs and Pharmaceutical Corporations
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 1,398 25 12/04/09 03:06 PM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Pharmaceutical Inquisition??? barfightlard 1,936 6 05/18/05 02:29 AM
by Nocforweb
* Whats your choice of psychedelia?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
cez 2,216 60 06/08/13 03:43 PM
by redgreenvines
* Philosophy and psychedelics
( 1 2 3 all )
newgui 2,204 43 03/26/12 09:48 PM
by OrgoneConclusion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,027 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 16 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.