Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewiser
Loc: countryside
My strange relationship with shrooms
    #1684403 - 07/03/03 05:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone
The past year or 2 has really changed my life-for the good, mainly because of eating lots of magic mushrooms. Yes they have made me more nutty than I was before ( My whole family is nutty and i've been pretty crazy since i was born) which is fun most of the time but occasionally a little worrying ("am i going insane??"etc). But generally i have a very strong mind and i like myself, and I absoloutely love all things psychedelic.
I have done alot of mushrooms and I would do them everyday if they didnt have a such a great impact each and every time that they are taken.
But recently I have been depressed, mainly because my close friendship circle has split up and i suddenly seem to be going through life on my own.
Also the last few times that i've done mushrooms, i've cried quite alot mainly because im aware that im actually not that happy even though im pretty good making myself think that i am ghappy.
Basically I love the mushroom, they have been such a brilliant influence on my life.
But im starting to have real doubts about whether i should participate in this any longer because although i love them, it almost feels more comfortable when im on them than when im not.

whats peoples views on this one?

--------------------
I like to SHIMMY to my locations....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: My strange relationship with shrooms [Re: wiser]
    #1684795 - 07/03/03 09:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Whether you decide to continue using mushrooms is up to you. It does perhaps sound like you've been doing it too frequently and that you really need is to space out trips and take a break. But, if you really feel that you shouldn't do them anymore, then don't. Only you know whether or not using a certain drug is having any positive effects on your life. Even someone who is addicted to a drug and which is ruining them (even if they manage to deny it and pretend it's helping them) deep down knows the truth about their usage.
I suggest perhaps just taking a good few months break. See how you feel then. Maybe you decide you don't need them anymore, maybe you'll find that you just needed some time for your mind to clear up.

Offlinelateralus
Re: My strange relationship with shrooms [Re: Sheepish]
    #1685259 - 07/04/03 01:15 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It may be a good idea for you to go with Terence McKennas perscription: Take huge heroic doses, but space them far apart. Thats what I have been doing, and it seems better this way.

Besides, after a giant freakin mindbending, truthrevealing, heavenandhell megatrip, you will want to space them out;)

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: My strange relationship with shrooms [Re: lateralus]
    #1685282 - 07/04/03 01:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I suggest doing what Sheepish says, maybe Lateralus, and find something else that will make your life happier. Make new friends... get some hobbies... don't just sit there and feel depressed. Definitely don't try to make yourself think you're happy when you're not.... lying to yourself is not a good thing, and I'm sure the mushroom has revealed this to you.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: My strange relationship with shrooms [Re: wiser]
    #1685604 - 07/04/03 03:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I would say lessen your frequency of consumption.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinewiser
Loc: countryside
Re: My strange relationship with shrooms [Re: Strumpling]
    #1685966 - 07/04/03 09:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This is the conclusion i've come to aswell, but its difficult when theres all sorts of different shrooms constantly around you.:spliff: 

--------------------
I like to SHIMMY to my locations....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience