Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Lophophora Id
    #16757695 -

Hello ethnobotanical

Could anyone help me identify these lophs?




Thank You


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Left Of The Dial]
    #16757917 -

A possible williamsii surrounded by caespitosa?
Or a pruned caespitosa that allowed one head to mature nicely.
Does it flower and self pollenate?
Which others are joined to the main head?


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #16758843 -

This will be my first time saying it but ya that finally looks like a williamsii.

Caespitosa is still a williamsii i thought


--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: POWAtrippin]
    #16759052 -

Thanks for taking a look you guys. This is my first loph.

GreedAndVanity said:
Caespitosa is still a williamsii i thought



I read that somewhere, also something about caespitosa possibly being a hybrid.

Is williamsii the only loph that does the caespitosa clumping thing??

and if anyone can tell...Does the main head appear to have already flowered some time ago or probably hasn't yet??


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Left Of The Dial]
    #16759171 -

never read that it was a hybrid i highly doubt it is. source? i've only read it is a full williamsii and has identical alkaloid content


--------------------
"I deem myself blessed, in that I have experienced, however briefly, the existence of God. I have felt a sacred oneness with creation and its Creator, and -- most precious of all -- I have touched the core of my own soul. " - Alexander Shulgin :peace: :love:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #16759413 -

Read some of it here. but perhaps I misunderstood the article. I think it might have only been stating that caespitosa is vegetatively reproduced.

Mostly_Harmless said:
A possible williamsii surrounded by caespitosa?
Or a pruned caespitosa that allowed one head to mature nicely.
Does it flower and self pollenate?
Which others are joined to the main head?



I've only had the plant for little over a week so haven't a clue about flowering or pollination.

They are all from the main head, a couple buttons with roots had come loose from the main body during shipping. 

I just planted them off to the side from the mother plant...hoping they would recover and possibly mature.

pruning the buds? Would that work later down the road, to help the smaller buttons to fully mature or flower?

Lets say after propagating a few of them seperate from the mother plant...?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Left Of The Dial]
    #16759460 -

definitely looks like loph Williamsii to me but I ain't an expert :rasta:


--------------------
All posts are entirely, 100%, conclusively false or complete works of fiction... but I can levitate lol

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Benjamin Franklin

if I owe you seeds from a previous trade send me a PM, I will rectify my shortcomings and compensate you for your patience

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: 420milehigh]
    #16762211 -

looks williamsii to me

jourdaniana also clumps, but you can distinguish that type because it produces tiny spines, not just hairy tufts




also, the main button looks to be totally dusted with pollen, so i think you will probably see that thing flowering pretty quick as long as you pot it nicely

:billymaythumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: islanduniverse]
    #16763341 -

thanks for the replies guys, islanduniverse.

I'm happy to hear that I likely have a williamsii.

I'll have to do some more research into caring for loph's...
I've got it in like a 70/30% Miracle Grow cactus soil and sand mixture. The same as my bridgesii. Does this sound ok? Do lophs dig something more?

I've been keeping it in a south facing window for light...

One last question if I may, Should I hold off on watering this time of year for dormancy this winter?

I haven't watered the lophs at all and I havent watered my trichs for about two weeks...

sorry for the newb questions, and thanks for the help so far, I greatly appreciate it!:sanpedro:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Left Of The Dial]
    #16763467 -

if you just got it you should pot it loosely in soil that might drain better
(i am using 1/3 MG cactus mix, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 gray pumice)
you might let it sit for a couple weeks to get acquainted and to allow the roots to heal if needed

if the temps in your area are starting to drop you'll want to only water very little, and then not at all during the colder months

your mix is probably fine for bridgesii, but i understand they are more sensitive & might need to drain better also, as opposed to pedros which basically grow like mad no matter what

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Left Of The Dial]
    #16763607 -

Left Of The Dial said:
Read some of it here. but perhaps I misunderstood the article. I think it might have only been stating that caespitosa is vegetatively reproduced.

Mostly_Harmless said:
A possible williamsii surrounded by caespitosa?
Or a pruned caespitosa that allowed one head to mature nicely.
Does it flower and self pollenate?
Which others are joined to the main head?



I've only had the plant for little over a week so haven't a clue about flowering or pollination.

They are all from the main head, a couple buttons with roots had come loose from the main body during shipping. 

I just planted them off to the side from the mother plant...hoping they would recover and possibly mature.

pruning the buds? Would that work later down the road, to help the smaller buttons to fully mature or flower?

Lets say after propagating a few of them seperate from the mother plant...?



Pruning new heads as they emerge will focus more growth to the main head.
Some specimens of caespitosa rarely have a head reach flowering age, the pruning will help.
Makes for a good supply of graft victims!
I'd be more inclined to go with Lophophora williamsii var. caespitosa, with such prolific pupping.


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #16763637 -

Quote:
I'd be more inclined to go with Lophophora williamsii var. caespitosa, with such prolific pupping.



heh yes, i was too lazy to type it out



by the way, the non-caespitosa also clump, just after many years

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: islanduniverse]
    #16763723 -

Yes many will, but not as much at a younger age as this one is doing. And with them coming off with their own roots started, that says to me caespitosa. Roots very very easily :grin:


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #16764868 -

thanks for the help everyone!

I'll look into getting some perilite today. my mix doesn't seem to have much in it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Id [Re: Left Of The Dial]
    #16764872 -

My cactus mix is about 50% pumice and perlite.  Seems to drain well.


--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My Lophophora Collection
( 1 2 3 all )
ytse 11,841 43 08/08/14 09:16 PM
by karode13
* Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? Williamsii 19,389 8 06/01/07 02:25 AM
by Quais
* Peyote var. caespitosa Entersandman 6,968 16 09/18/07 10:46 AM
by Entersandman
* Bad looking Lopho Caespitosa/Selenicereus graft globos 4,485 17 06/21/11 05:20 AM
by KBG1977
* Lophophora Caespitosa Confusion... PoC 5,565 14 04/11/13 07:58 AM
by 5is
* Lophophora jourdaniana: species or hybrid? Arohpohpol 5,470 9 09/17/04 11:33 AM
by HarveyWalbanger
* How do you PROPERLY identify Lophophora? kadakuda 7,736 17 02/14/07 08:23 PM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* Just thought id share yet even more pics of my greenies... [newer pics]
( 1 2 3 all )
Vertigo6911 4,875 45 08/19/05 09:37 AM
by Vertigo6911

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,839 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.