Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: fapjack]
    #16747265 -

He he he


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: greenspectral]
    #16747756 -

greenspectral said:
yo i got a scoop right hurr on some hella legitimate dub/grimey/psychedelic that is reppin the new sound...this played out shitt is 'bout to step and the the next level the next progression of bass music into a totally more transcendental place is underway...

Ott




Ott is a producing god in my opinion.

I don't think there's a song he produced that I haven't liked yet. It almost seems demeaning to put him in the same thread as Skrillex :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: x Ju x]
    #16747815 -

I personally think Bluetech smokes Ott both in a live setting and production skill.  Ott really hasn't come out with anything fresh in quite a while, and I thought Mir, his newest album, did not present any new ideas.  While somewhat different, I think psybreaks is where the freshest material is coming from in the realm of psychedelic electronica.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16747901 -

I like Bluetech as well, but there's something about Ott's music that I like more.

I agree that his live shows are not as, for lack of a better word, fancy, maybe because of the venues he plays at mostly, but I would love to see Ott live.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16748019 -

Bassfreak said:
i used to hate on skrillex hard, but his productions are WY better now than they used to be, part of me has a hard time believeing its him actually producing this shit but whatever

saw him for the first time at a festival bout a month ago and damn he fucking murdered that place, mixed up a lot of genres and really just destroyed it

i still dont like him much and def wont ever go to one of his shows (cuz his fans suck so fucking bad) but if hes at a festival and nothing better is going on ill def check him out but hes def not high on my list

maybe if i wasnt rolling my face off id feel differently but honestly prob not

i think his newer stuff is pretty nice too, specially breakin a sweat and bangarang


but still skrillex as a person is a faggot, honestly i just think hes a face with a ghost-producer



I saw Skrillex at Tomorrowland because he was on right before SHM, and he sucked total ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: x Ju x]
    #16748059 -

x Ju x said:
I like Bluetech as well, but there's something about Ott's music that I like more.

I agree that his live shows are not as, for lack of a better word, fancy, maybe because of the venues he plays at mostly, but I would love to see Ott live.



I was referring to the music coming out of the speakers.  His mixing is nonexistant and all he did was twist dials that had no discernible impact on the sound.  I was really excited for his show and was really disappointed.  I have an old Camp Bisco recording where he seems to mix well.  He seems to have just changed his style to a more "live" (lazy) style which seem to be the vogue these days.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16748764 -

All We Perceive said:
I was really excited for his show and was really disappointed.



Are you referring to Ott?

I haven't seen either Bluetech or Ott live so I guess I can only comment on the music. Though I have seen videos of Ott doing live shows and I can see what you mean.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: x Ju x]
    #16749260 -

Yeah ott.  I've seen bluetech like 3 or 4 times and ott just that one time.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16749306 -

anyone else seen this?


:drgonz:



discuss


--------------------
"The great nations have always acted like gangsters and the small ones like prostitutes." - Stanley Kubrick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16753580 -

All We Perceive said:
I believe by that time disco had turned over almost complete control over the lineup to the production company.  They now just make sure their pets are there like abakus.  Sure, they might be able to stop him from coming though.  I wouldn't if I was disco.  Skrillex = bux and disco like never tours anymore.



They owe everything they have to their fans, they shouldn't shit on them to make even more money than they already have.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: fapjack]
    #16753628 -

first of all, im sure anyone at tomorrowland hated skrillex cuz all they like is their shitty gay girly prog house that sucks so bad


and for the first time ever i think i agree with all we perceive, buletech live is fucking AWESOME and all Ott really brings to the table is the same old thing each time, but he is touring with a live band now this fall so that mite change, but i cant go cuz id rather see wolfgang gartner that night

and yeah id would be really awesome if the only big dubstep name Bisco has next year is bassnectar and no one else

ive heard from people real connected to tDB and MCP say theres a big chance it wont be back at ILCC next year, FUCK THAT...ILCC is awesome bc theres NO such things as cops there, sure the cell phone reception sucks and theres nothing that great like lakes or anything there, but just the fact that its a HUGE festival with literally no police prescence is fucking legit


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16753720 -

Old people like to bitch. :oldman:
Sonney's not that bad.
He sure likes and promotes a lot of great music such as Porter Robinson, and The M Machine.
Many other GREAT artists are now house hold names because of him.
(Granted, if he likes good music so much, perhaps he should try making some? :wink:)

He is not as good as for how much publicity he has received, but he is and has been and important player in the modern EDM scene.
But as I said be for, it just seems a lot you are overly hostile when you clearly have 0 idea what you're talking about.

Cool, it's not your thing, not really mine either.
That doesn't mean the world needs to bitch and nag incessantly about it.
Christ people, that Doors thing came out how many months ago, and it's suddenly this new horrible thing to you oldies.
Jim Morrison was not a good person, why the hell do you guys idolize him so damned much.

Sorry if I come off as harsh, none of my comments are ment at people specifically, I just don't get where all this hate comes from, and I just messed up one of my clones, and I'm not taking that all too well. So sorry if I'm being a dumb bitch please just tell me, I needa bowl...



POOR BABY ALASKA!:sad: :sadyes: :bitch:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: SARAtonin]
    #16753749 -

EDM as a whole would be soooo much better if this shithead never hit the scene

idk how he got so big, his first few EPs were fucking terrible, i mean seriously atrocious with the exepction of like 2 tracks

bangarang EP was alright i guess

he just attracts the worst people with the worst drugs and its an awful scene with 14 year olds at shows


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16753775 -

Bassfreak said:
EDM as a whole would be soooo much better if this shithead never hit the scene

idk how he got so big, his first few EPs were fucking terrible, i mean seriously atrocious with the exepction of like 2 tracks

bangarang EP was alright i guess

he just attracts the worst people with the worst drugs and its an awful scene with 14 year olds at shows



Very true, but I don't believe in disliking an artist because of their fans, hey if it makes them happy more power to them.
But M Machine is really really good, and so is like 70% of OWSLA, I say that's worth him being in the scene. Even if it attracts a few (a lot) of undesirables.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16753803 -

Completely agree.  Skrillex's music is not "merely okay"; it is fucking terrible.  If he never jumped in the scene, edm wouldn't be flooded with douche bag frat kids and oding 17 year olds who have no clue what they are doing and those dumb fucking kids with their moronic led gloves offensively trying to give me a "light show." Skrillex attracts a scene SOLELY interested in drugs with ZERO taste in music.  These people are not fun to party with.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16753843 -

All We Perceive said:
Completely agree.  Skrillex's music is not "merely okay"; it is fucking terrible.  If he never jumped in the scene, edm wouldn't be flooded with douche bag frat kids and oding 17 year olds who have no clue what they are doing and those dumb fucking kids with their moronic led gloves offensively trying to give me a "light show." Skrillex attracts a scene SOLELY interested in drugs with ZERO taste in music.  These people are not fun to party with.




another one of the few times ill agree with you

these peoples entertainment are drugs with music as the secondary entertainment...ill NEVER go to a show or a festival if i dont like the DJ/lineup, sure i di drugs at some of those shows and all festivals, but i wouldnt be there i i didnt like who i was paying to see

theres MADD shows my friends go to that i wouldnt mind going to, but the Djs are average imo and i just dont wanna go if they are just alright, a lot of big names in the prog hous egenre and imo prog house fucking blows, like really fucking bad, so u wont see me at any of those shows even tho doing drugs there would be fun...prog house sucks

all the drugs in the world wont make me think skrillexs old music is good, its fucking awful


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16753966 -

Rave scene almost always had average music with a few exceptions, nothing has changed really.  If you wanted good EDM you went to clubs, if you wanted to get fucked up til 8 AM and dance your ass off you went to a rave, the scene is the same as it always was.  Same shit I was doing when I was 15, its a new experience and its fun for the kids.  I think its pretty damn funny, but I don't want that gay shit in my scene.  They belong in warehouse parties in NYC, not at camp bisco and just cause I was doing that shit 15 years ago doesn't mean I want to be around their faggotry.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16753971 -

Even Bassnectar shows are filled with seas of bros now, it makes me sad...
But I feel like we shouldn't make judgments of a whole group of people based off just a few.
Although it's kind of hard because it seems more or less to the be case.
How I see it, whether they know it or not, some part of them is seeking answers.
Whether through communal dance, or getting loaded, or following the herd.
They are by no means going about it correctly but they're young.
I guess I'm just for giving people chances, even if they are fucking me over.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: SARAtonin]
    #16754025 -

SARAtonin said:
Even Bassnectar shows are filled with seas of bros now, it makes me sad...
But I feel like we shouldn't make judgments of a whole group of people based off just a few.
Although it's kind of hard because it seems more or less to the be case.
How I see it, whether they know it or not, some part of them is seeking answers.
Whether through communal dance, or getting loaded, or following the herd.
They are by no means going about it correctly but they're young.
I guess I'm just for giving people chances, even if they are fucking me over.




i hate most of the majority of bassnectar fans or "bassheads" as they call themselves...id NEVER wear a basshead shirt, thats basically like having something on ur shirt that reads "custy"

just frat bros and stupid underage whores and kids and damn, the scene sucks nowadays, but that doesnt keep me away from going to shows for the music

the only show i will not go to bc of a crowd is skrillex or excision, just cant fiucking do it anymore, i would check em both out at festivals tho if nothing better is goin on


--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: lol Skrillex [Re: Bassfreak]
    #16754034 -

The scene does not suck, it depends on who you follow and where you are.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* electronic music...my newest obsession
( 1 2 3 4 all )
wrestler_az 9,667 79 09/15/04 07:00 PM
by 40oz
* Going to watch Skrillex live soon
( 1 2 all )
svrkrun 1,858 34 09/27/11 02:22 AM
by abltsandwich
* skrillex
( 1 2 all )
justaguy 1,572 22 01/07/11 12:19 AM
by thissongis
* Pub Dubstep
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Psilobuds 11,153 125 06/15/09 02:07 PM
by WannaBeLegit
* Dubstep RULES (I'll Make you a Believer!)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Pursuance 7,588 71 06/14/09 08:06 PM
by skatealex2
* Skrillex the dubstep god speaks owls 1,329 16 09/24/11 01:04 AM
by twighead
* Riders Of The Mark - "The Electronic Insides And Metal Complexion That Make Up Herr Doktor Krieg" LearyfanS 1,146 0 07/22/05 10:23 PM
by Learyfan
* my first dubstep party. truekimbo2 1,318 8 07/27/07 02:49 PM
by Cepheus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
11,288 topic views. 4 members, 321 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.