Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
How do younger people in the city support themselves?
    #16681050 -

Do most younger people in the city support themselves by working jobs like being a waiter and working at retail type of jobs, etc. ?

I'm just curious because A)The city is expensive and B)A lot of these people are going to college or working on other stuff so I imagine it takes a regular job to be able to keep up there.


Also it does sound like a lot of work.  I mean if you have a job where you're making easy a couple hundred a night or close to a thousand then you only need a few nights a week but if you're making something like $10-$20 an hour, in the city that means you're probably gonna be working a lot of hours and possibly more intense if you're working in the city as opposed to in a quieter place.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16681102 -

Cities tend to be more hectic nature of the beast and so forth. Are you planning on going to college in a large city?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #16681112 -

No, I don't really have any plans for the city.  I was actually curious.  I'm not so into the hustle and bustle of the city.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16681118 -

I feel you I am much happier in a mid size or small town big cities freak me out. I also like being close to nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16681192 -

They struggle, they live for the moment, they don't pay for a car or car insurance, they have roommates, they eat cheap food, they share, they rearrange priorities.  When you are living in the hive of human potential and creativity you find other pleasures and poor young adults often find the experience powerfully liberating and eye-opening.  Everyone who wishes to broaden and expand their horizons and thinking should live in a major city for at least part of their life.  I feel bad for people who stay in the same small place for their lives, it stunts growth and often leads to myopic thinking.  Cities offer a full spectrum of humanity and any psychedellicaly inclined person should embrace and taste what it has to offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16681211 -

Anonymous #3 said:
They struggle, they live for the moment, they don't pay for a car or car insurance, they have roommates, they eat cheap food, they share, they rearrange priorities.  When you are living in the hive of human potential and creativity you find other pleasures and poor young adults often find the experience powerfully liberating and eye-opening.  Everyone who wishes to broaden and expand their horizons and thinking should live in a major city for at least part of their life.  I feel bad for people who stay in the same small place for their lives, it stunts growth and often leads to myopic thinking.  Cities offer a full spectrum of humanity and any psychedellicaly inclined person should embrace and taste what it has to offer.



Great post however I have severe anxiety in crowds even talking with people I have known for a while makes my anxious and nervous. I'll pass on the city.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #16681814 -

Anonymous #3 said:
They struggle, they live for the moment, they don't pay for a car or car insurance, they have roommates, they eat cheap food, they share, they rearrange priorities.  When you are living in the hive of human potential and creativity you find other pleasures and poor young adults often find the experience powerfully liberating and eye-opening.  Everyone who wishes to broaden and expand their horizons and thinking should live in a major city for at least part of their life.  I feel bad for people who stay in the same small place for their lives, it stunts growth and often leads to myopic thinking.  Cities offer a full spectrum of humanity and any psychedellicaly inclined person should embrace and taste what it has to offer.



Or just drug deal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #16690368 -

Anonymous #4 said:
Anonymous #3 said:
They struggle, they live for the moment, they don't pay for a car or car insurance, they have roommates, they eat cheap food, they share, they rearrange priorities.  When you are living in the hive of human potential and creativity you find other pleasures and poor young adults often find the experience powerfully liberating and eye-opening.  Everyone who wishes to broaden and expand their horizons and thinking should live in a major city for at least part of their life.  I feel bad for people who stay in the same small place for their lives, it stunts growth and often leads to myopic thinking.  Cities offer a full spectrum of humanity and any psychedellicaly inclined person should embrace and taste what it has to offer.



Or just drug deal.



:damnwtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #16690409 -

I eat lots and lots of rice, bike everywhere, go to free shows, don't have cable, have a roommate, get media from the library, play in the park, don't really drink, etc.  Pretty much everything I do is free besides eating, bills, and rent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16692603 -

They live in groups and they live on the edge of the city proper, where housing is more affordable.  I agree with #3, everyone should live in a city at least once in their life.  It's an experience.  I had a nice studio for like $1300/month.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16692607 -

I sell my self sometimes. Kind of lonely tho, but pays bills....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16692969 -

[removed post]

Edited by Anonymous (09/19/21 08:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #16693533 -

Actually, that's cheap relative to other major cities.  It was in Baltimore.

It was one of the cheaper places, and DC is way more expensive.  I'd imagine bigger places are even more...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16702702 -

Loans for school help a lot. You get what's left over. That won't near cover it though. My xwife and I went into debt every year of college except the last because we had saved all the online classes to take all at once. Then we both worked 40-45 hours a week and took a full work load of classes online at night. It was rough really. Living together and being married was the only way we could afford bills and food. Before we got married while we were working part time and going to class we were constantly behind on bills, never had extra money, racked up credit cards to pay for food so we could pay cash for things you can't use credit for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #16705604 -

Hahah what a stupid fucking question. Their parents.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16707521 -

Anonymous #1 said:
Do most younger people in the city support themselves by working jobs like being a waiter and working at retail type of jobs, etc. ?

I'm just curious because A)The city is expensive and B)A lot of these people are going to college or working on other stuff so I imagine it takes a regular job to be able to keep up there.


Also it does sound like a lot of work.  I mean if you have a job where you're making easy a couple hundred a night or close to a thousand then you only need a few nights a week but if you're making something like $10-$20 an hour, in the city that means you're probably gonna be working a lot of hours and possibly more intense if you're working in the city as opposed to in a quieter place.



Im in a fairly big city with almost no jobs young people 18 or 19 are either doing constant odd jobs,drug dealing,sell personal objects or getting a job from a family member or friends.Imm outta work like EVERYONE else i know it just fucking sucks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #16707542 -

I know someone that works 100 hours a week to get money from selling suites based on commision

and another person that gets jobs here and there that say's he  is never using his apartment even though it's a thousand bucks a month.

i used to like the city but the other day i just found myself complaining about the odd smells and i felt really bad for the people that live there and heard me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #16708067 -

I've never been to NYC but I've been to Chicago twice, and fuck dude, talk about serious bustle. I mean it's not like I'm foreign to big cities...I've lived in Dallas and Houston, been to Los Angeles -- but I have never seen a place like Chicago. Freaking awesomeness. It's just so damn vibrant and hectic.

I wanna move there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #16708920 -

In my city the young people get by by sucking cocks of guys not shy of a honest days work like me. Get a job.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do younger people in the city support themselves? [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #16709566 -

Anonymous #6 said:
Actually, that's cheap relative to other major cities.  It was in Baltimore.

It was one of the cheaper places, and DC is way more expensive.  I'd imagine bigger places are even more...



I wouldn't pay even 800/month for a studio apartment in the shit hole that is Baltimore.

I'm from Cincinnati which is a relatively big city, and not even the richest of people are paying that high for a shitty apartment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anybody have a pic
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 1,521 60 06/08/09 06:52 PM
by Anonymous
* Heavy-sized women - am I an asshole or just myself?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
Anonymous 11,355 232 05/24/21 02:24 PM
by Anonymous
* Snorting Keif? Anonymous 636 12 06/19/10 05:32 AM
by Anonymous
* Scenester people Anonymous 452 13 07/25/10 12:34 AM
by Anonymous
* GONNA LICK(ROB) MY FRIEND
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 1,172 32 04/22/09 08:02 PM
by Anonymous
* Why do people brag about being poor?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 3,112 98 09/13/10 01:36 PM
by Anonymous
* straight men: would you ever suck a penis?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 )
Anonymous 16,904 396 08/29/11 10:32 AM
by Anonymous
* I want to be a homeless pothead... Anonymous 444 10 03/13/09 07:11 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
960 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.