Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblelil_civic_lil
Stranger

Loc: Re@LiTy
Imune to lsd
    #1665321 - 06/26/03 07:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys , my friend toook a hit of acid he got and it didnt do anything. I cant wait to get some shrooms and really trip.

Edited by lil_civic_lil (02/01/12 04:23 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Imune to lsd [Re: lil_civic_lil]
    #1665531 - 06/26/03 09:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i don't think youre really doing acid, i think you got some of that bad placebo going around.
if you think acid is about seeing tracers and melting walls, try to understand, you see tracxers anyway, and mentally you can make a wall do something your determined mind might perceive as "melting" in a round about way.
theres no mistaking being on acid. imagine looking at the carpet on the floor from a standing position, now immagine while standing the carpet looks about 2 inches from your face, and if you reach your hands out they look like flat pink paper cutout hands slicing through a hypothetical depth of the carpet, then growing carpet fuzz from the tips and the karpet begins growing hands, and then its all a mess of carpets and hands melting together, leaving pink smears of skin and growing hair at an alarming rate while your head hums away like a breathing vibrating rock, your voice echos, your words, and even your thoughts are alien.
thats a pretty decent acid trip, and what you SHOULD be seeing if you took 10 hits. you should also find some loss of motor control and ditortment of senory perception to the point that you can't be sure whats around you, where you are, or the difference between yourself and your surroundings. you might also shit your pants in mindless idiom.

--------------------

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
Re: Imune to lsd [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1665543 - 06/26/03 09:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, you can't be using real acid. Also, for all practical purposes you can't overdose on acid. It takes a f%^&load of lsd to OD, something well over half a gram of pure lsd.

--------------------
huh????

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip

Deleted [Re: Pala]
    #1665568 - 06/26/03 09:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

Offlinebullettoothtony
reality_skewed

Re: Imune to lsd [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #1665708 - 06/26/03 10:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

people extract from shrooms to lace blotter...and THIS is supposed to be more profitiable?? man..that seems extremely backwords, why not just get some acid and alce to grocery store mushrooms, and sell them to ignorant people if you want to make money (im not codoning that...just making a point)

man people can be such dirtballs....anything for the ends i guess....

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Imune to lsd [Re: bullettoothtony]
    #1666090 - 06/27/03 01:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stanislov Grof observed a case where he injected a man with 1500ug of LSD without any effect. Art Kleps observed a similar case. It is possible, but not likely, that you are immune to LSD.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Imune to lsd [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1666123 - 06/27/03 01:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wasnt the case with grof, where he gave the participant a *possible* placebo? If so, couldnt the power of placebo worked opposite, causing him to think he wasnt on lsd and keeping the trip back? (ive seen the theory around before...i thought it was relating to this injection Grof did.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineMoronacracy
Lurker #1
Re: Imune to lsd [Re: PDU]
    #1666408 - 06/27/03 03:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think anything could keep a 1500ug trip back short of being immune to LSD :wink:

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Imune to lsd [Re: PDU]
    #1666500 - 06/27/03 04:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

PDU, I'll dig the reference up for you, but I'm certain Grof injected this guy with 1500ug of LSD with no effect. I wouldn't be surprised if he also say people trip off of saline injection. He did administer thousands of doses of LSD to people.

I'm not sure what the mechanism for the lack of effects is. It's not really important is it? The guy didn't experience any effects off 1500ug of LSD. Presumably, some really tiny fraction of the population (and perhaps only under certain biochemical conditions) won't get any effects from LSD. However, this seems so rare that I'd suggest to the original poster that he simply got ripped off. That makes more sense than telling him he has an immunity to LSD, which is very rare.

EDIT - What you're saying about Grof telling the person he possibly gave him an inactive substance wouldn't be an instance of reverse placebo. For placebo to be most effective, the subject would have to believe that he got an inactive substance. Why would he think that if Grof told him that he *possibly* got a placebo dose?

Edited by Phencyclidine (06/27/03 04:27 AM)

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Imune to lsd [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1666535 - 06/27/03 04:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, thanks Phencyclidine. Your right, the reference isnt really important, i would like to know the mechanism that causes immunity, but thats just curiosity!

I definately think the original poster just got ripped off (as ive been in similar situations where friends have tripped of acid, that i had no effect...and i always said i had a high tolerence...but when i recently got real acid, i knew it quickly).

Anyways, the edit...i just cant make sense of right now. Sorry!
(ive been enjoyin' your posts, theyre filled with good info.)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports