Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
First LSD Trip
    #4474953 - 07/30/05 09:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This is a report of my first time with LSD.  It's been about two months or so I think, but I'll try to remember. 

So Kevin and I came into possession of 4 tabs of LSD given to us by some very generous friends.  I was really looking forward to the experience, because I had a dream that I took LSD and it made me fly around everywhere...total freedom.  That was a great dream, and it fueled my excitement. 

So the night came.  We had the weekend off and the apartment was neat and clean.  I was more nervous then I wanted to admit to Kevin. I tried to relax by meditating and listening to music, and writing.  Slowly I started to slip into a calmer state, and we put the tabs on our tongues, each taking two. 

What followed was one of the most excruciatingly slow come-ups I've ever had.  It was extra hard because we didn't really know what was happening, or what was supposed to be happening (being LSD newbie's).  To pass the time, we played Uno, which is also what we did on our first shroom trip.  We did several games, until a restlessness started to overwelm us. 

This was the most uncomfortable phase, because we weren't yet tripping, but we weren't sober anymore either.  My stomach started to feel uneasy, and I regretted eating a burrito earlier.  To distract myself from my discomfort, I drew inside of my trip journal with crayons.  Kevin also took up a crayon, and for about an hour, we just drew. 

What I found the most amazing was that the "shift" happened before we even realized it.  It's like we just slipped into that "trippy" mindstate.  I was drawing, and all of a sudden I was drawing WAY differently then I usually do.  It seemed like I had this obsession to make whatever I drew PERFECT.  When I'm on shrooms, I mostly just do a lot of flowy scribbles.  But on LSD, there was this drive to create something marvelous.

So I started this nit-picky type journey with my crayons on the paper.  I wish I could remember where my camera was, so I could post a picture of the drawing on here.  But basically it looks a lot like those cats that schitzophrenic dude used to draw, with jagged, multi-colored edges everywhere. 

Anyway, I was so...IN to what I was doing.  And I mean far in, like I was drawing with painstaking, meticulous marks, and it had to be PERFECT.  During this time, I noticed my thought patterns were exceedingly calm, but a worry snuck through in the first part of my trip, my only worry of the entire trip.  I kept thinking about how "obsessive compulsive" I was being with my drawing, about how I should just let it flow out and stop getting caught up in the details.  And that's when I realized that I ALWAYS do that, I always lose steam for the larger picture and get caught up in the details of stuff.  But at the same time, I had to admit that I love the details, the details help an idea become flesh. 

So there I was lying on my stomach, drawing in my book, and half of me was trying to hold back because I was fearful of being too "obsessive compulsive" and the other half was loving it and wanted to go deeper and deeper and deeper... 

To relax, I took a break from drawing to talk with Kevin, and by this time both of our pupils were super-huge.  We talked about how we were feeling, and had the most wonderful conversations.  After awhile, we both went back to drawing, and I gleefully accepted my insanity and started to really enjoy my trip. 

It seems for me that there is always that moment when I'm starting to trip hard where I start to question my sanity.  But really, I thought while I was tripping, there is no sanity to question!  Everyone's fucking bat-shit crazy, we just deal with it differently.  So that's my new philosophy now.  I truly believe that everyone on Earth is FUCKING NUTS. 

Anyway, once I've peacefully accepted my own insanity, I always feel better.  :grin:

So we tripped onwards, and by now the visuals were starting to make themselves known.  They were totally different then my mushroom visuals, seeming much more mild and not as in-my-face.  As I settled into the trip, I started to wish that the trip would get more intense. 

By the 3 hour mark, it was. 

For some reason (can't remember now) I had pulled out a memory box.  This memory box is just a box that has all of my childhood belongings in it, memorabilia, that sort of stuff.  I decided I wanted to take a trip through my childhood, so while I was tripping, I looked inside. 

I found all sorts of crazy things that I have owned but forgotten about as a little kid.  One of the weirdest and funniest moments of the trip was when I found my evaluation form from when I was 5.  My parents had taken me to be evaluated by some sort of psych center when I was 5, and they had taken notes on my behavior.  So there I was, tripping balls, reading stuff written about me when I was a little kid.  It was so weird.  Kevin thought it was HILARIOUS.  He couldn't stop laughing, tears were pouring out of his eyes, he would read something that the psych doctor had said about me, and then would burst out in gales of laughter again.  I couldn't help but join him, since some of the stuff they wrote about me was pretty funny. 

There was some other stuff in the box, like letters my grandfather had written to me, that really touched me.  I cried for a while just reading all the things that he's written to me.  It was really nice. 

After awhile, we went into the bedroom.  We felt a little less trippy, so we smoked some pot.  We listened to the Wall, and I discovered something that I LOVED to do on Acid:  Writing!  I typed quite a bit while coming down off the LSD. 

So to make a long story short, we came down, and are looking forward to trying LSD again.  :smile:  I think I'd like to try a larger dose next time.  I can definitely see how acid could be a valuable tool for writing...everything felt so crystal clear. 

Overall, a great experience.  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: First LSD Trip [Re: MOTH]
    #4475111 - 07/30/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Aww Elle what a great trip report as usual. I love your realization that everyone is "bat shit fucking crazy"...right on. There is NO reason to feel like a freak on acid...everyone's a freak, whatever they're on or not on.

Don't you find that one of the most difficult words during a trip is "should"? Those feelings you had about your drawing...how should I be doing this? Am I doing it right, or thinking about it too much? Those questions plague me when I'm tripping.

I've written here and there on acid, and it came out like poetry was leaking out my fingertips, I can't wait to try doing it again, and I'm so glad it worked well for you.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: First LSD Trip *DELETED* [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4477108 - 07/31/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Jabbawaya

Reason for deletion: x

--------------------

Offlinecamdozer
Stranger
Re: First LSD Trip [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4477383 - 07/31/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with Jabba, that while the Wall is one of the greatest records ever recorded, i would find myself getting way too lost in the depression of the story, and it would be pretty easy for me to sink into a bad trip. especially on a drug like acid or mushrooms that really alters your mind as well as your perceptions.

that seriously sounded like a fun trip tho. your story makes me a little less nervous to try acid, cuz i never have before.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: First LSD Trip [Re: camdozer]
    #4477977 - 07/31/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Trust me, we didn't even realize we were listening to the Wall (I grabbed the first CD I saw without looking) until I said, "Wow, this music is really depressing." 

I went deep into the atrocious psychological horror that is the Wall. 

We only listened to half of the second album before switching to something else. :smirk:

OfflinejBEArWAuKeE
lapsed infant

Loc: Ohio
Re: First LSD Trip [Re: MOTH]
    #4482911 - 08/01/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds good. My first solid LSD trip was a shamanic experience, but after that it seemed like I'd HAD the experience, and my trips grew progressively more boring and even annoying in their persistence. It just seemed like I'd figured out what was happening, and it was kind of artificial, and I wasn't impressed with it anymore. I never had a "bad" trip, but I don't think I'd do it again--last time was 4 years ago.

I'm looking forward to trying mushies again--I've only had one low-dose experience and a couple of hippie trips (shrooms w/E), one of which was amazing, at an outdoor Phish show before the hiatus. If my dog's friend's PC ever shows up...

--------------------
"This is absolutely the most exciting time we could have possibly hoped to be alive, and things are just starting." --Dreamer

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: First LSD Trip [Re: jBEArWAuKeE]
    #4494005 - 08/04/05 06:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Very nice report, I recently had my first and second LSD experience, and i LOVE it. The Wall screwed with my head for a while on my first trip, and I've vowed never to listen to it tripping again. Its a great album though.
Glad to hear you had a good time, awesome pic too, I really wanted to get a pic of me and my tripping buddies with the tabs on our tongues but alas we couldn't find the camera.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract