Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Is demonoid dead??
    #16620455 -

I have not been able to get onto their page for the last few days now.  I don't remember reading anything about them getting shut down in recent news. Is anyone else having any trouble with their home page?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: blood4blood]
    #16620456 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: Elementium]
    #16620565 -

thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: blood4blood]
    #16623025 -

I wish they were.  That site gave me mad viruses.  I had an insane ratio too.. oh well.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: All We Perceive]
    #16623522 -

this pisses me off, I was gonna make a thread about this too to see if it was just me.... it's the only torrent site I use since this huge gov't crackdown... way too paranoid to use the other sites anymore. Insert tin foil hat smiley face here...

All We Perceive said:
I wish they were.  That site gave me mad viruses.  I had an insane ratio too.. oh well.



How does a website give you viruses? It was something you downloaded, and later installed, not the website. Demonoid is very, very secure, private and frankly the best IMO. I mean I'm not a fucking virus or computer expert, I just thought that's how viruses worked. Can you get them just from visiting a site?


--------------------


Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: Absent Minded]
    #16623602 -

can one of you give me a code for demonoid ???


--------------------


"Can't change the world, unless we change ourselves"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: technomobster123]
    #16623632 -

i hope it's not down for good. :frown:


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: technomobster123]
    #16623642 -

isohunt prevails in the meantime along with the various private trackers i use

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: chameleon303]
    #16623688 -

i never have a lot of luck with isohunt. i use it sometimes, but eh.....

i'm a little paranoid about torrenting in my new college apartment. anyone have any links to articles on how to be more secure with that stuff?


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Edited by millzy (07/31/12 04:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: millzy]
    #16624108 -

millzy said:
i never have a lot of luck with isohunt. i use it sometimes, but eh.....

i'm a little paranoid about torrenting in my new college apartment. anyone have any links to articles on how to be more secure with that stuff?




you can use peer guardian but it is not a fail safe.

A virtual private network (VPN) is pretty much the safest, you can get on one for about $10 a month.

my best bit of advice, would be to have you know that its not usually downloading that will get you a copyright infringement notice, it is uploading. IIRC, They need to see information coming out of your computer, not going in. There is a program called Bitthief, it is a torrent client, like utorrent, except it goes against the most basic dynamics of file sharing. You do not upload any content whatsoever. In reality, this makes you a scumfuck for taking and not giving back, but these are sketchy times and i have had contstant trouble with btguard and peerguardian, My ISP throttled my connection, so i switched up and had to rethink my practices.

If you dont get bitthief, you can do a little tweaking on utorrent. It will not let you set your upload limit to nothing, but you can go to preferences and set your global upload rate to "1", it will probably already be set to "0", don't let that confuse you, "0" means unlimited, so 1 is actually the lowest setting.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: Absent Minded]
    #16624176 -

Absent Minded said:
this pisses me off, I was gonna make a thread about this too to see if it was just me.... it's the only torrent site I use since this huge gov't crackdown... way too paranoid to use the other sites anymore. Insert tin foil hat smiley face here...

All We Perceive said:
I wish they were.  That site gave me mad viruses.  I had an insane ratio too.. oh well.



How does a website give you viruses? It was something you downloaded, and later installed, not the website. Demonoid is very, very secure, private and frankly the best IMO. I mean I'm not a fucking virus or computer expert, I just thought that's how viruses worked. Can you get them just from visiting a site?



Dunno bro.  I'm not a computer wizard but I kept getting a similar virus.  Over time, I realized it would appear close in time to visiting demonoid.  It was a really nasty one too.  Just to show I'm not delusional, this dude had the same problem.  http://213.155.27.24/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t146695.html


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: technomobster123]
    #16624202 -

technomobster123 said:
can one of you give me a code for demonoid ???



Once it returns I'll PM you an invite


--------------------

Edited by modern.shaman (07/31/12 06:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: Aural Kaleidoscope]
    #16625060 -

Aural Kaleidoscope said:
millzy said:
i never have a lot of luck with isohunt. i use it sometimes, but eh.....

i'm a little paranoid about torrenting in my new college apartment. anyone have any links to articles on how to be more secure with that stuff?




you can use peer guardian but it is not a fail safe.

A virtual private network (VPN) is pretty much the safest, you can get on one for about $10 a month.

my best bit of advice, would be to have you know that its not usually downloading that will get you a copyright infringement notice, it is uploading. IIRC, They need to see information coming out of your computer, not going in. There is a program called Bitthief, it is a torrent client, like utorrent, except it goes against the most basic dynamics of file sharing. You do not upload any content whatsoever. In reality, this makes you a scumfuck for taking and not giving back, but these are sketchy times and i have had contstant trouble with btguard and peerguardian, My ISP throttled my connection, so i switched up and had to rethink my practices.

If you dont get bitthief, you can do a little tweaking on utorrent. It will not let you set your upload limit to nothing, but you can go to preferences and set your global upload rate to "1", it will probably already be set to "0", don't let that confuse you, "0" means unlimited, so 1 is actually the lowest setting.



thanks! yeah i use peer guardian but i'd like to be more secure. i'll look into vpn and bitthief.

i hope demonoid comes back. imo i think it's the best torrent site out there.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: millzy]
    #16625081 -

why's demonoid so special?
fucking stupid site goes down all the time and you need a password
i have a password and i go on there like once a year.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: pfxtc]
    #16625097 -

I use it since I can find just about everything there and it's a hair more secure than TPB.
Also getting an invite is easy as fuck, so that really doesn't matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: 4runner]
    #16625155 -

Man i'm sick of seeing the same demonoid threads, atleast search it or check on the second or third page, i've seen the same thread 3/4 times in the last day or something.

Also if anybody needs a code pm me and i'll send you one once it gets back up :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: jffdjt23231256]
    #16625159 -

Yeah, besides, if you search "is demonoid down" it is the first thing(okay maybe second) that pops up on google.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: Absent Minded]
    #16625222 -

Absent Minded said:
How does a website give you viruses? It was something you downloaded, and later installed, not the website. Demonoid is very, very secure, private and frankly the best IMO. I mean I'm not a fucking virus or computer expert, I just thought that's how viruses worked. Can you get them just from visiting a site?



You can get a virus from a webpage containing malicious JavaScript code that runs automatically when you visit the page.  JavaScript is full of exploits.  The one and only virus I ever got was this way.
Now I have Waterfox locked down like the fuckin' Pentagon.
I ain't scared.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: 4runner]
    #16628521 -

anunnakian said:
I use it since I can find just about everything there and it's a hair more secure than TPB.
Also getting an invite is easy as fuck, so that really doesn't matter.



:werd:

I don't d/l porn as there is no need and you are just asking for viruses IMO. Demonoid has everything but porn, I get all my movies, books and audio books there, as well as most music, though Soulseek is good for tunes too.

Basically Demonoid's the best torrent site, I have several adblocker type add-ons so I don't even get pop-ups on there anymore, better freakin' come back online, I needs mah d/ls!!

:zomgwtf:


**Anyone jonesing for tv shows check out www.eztv.it , that is the best site for daily tv by a mile. :thumbup:


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is demonoid dead?? [Re: egodeathflux]
    #16628527 -

demonoid is actually open for registration at the moment, you dont need an invite.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Grateful Dead show downloading help...(Get the music!)
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 12,272 22 06/13/10 12:21 AM
by skunkjar
* just downloaded 4.5 gigs of mp3s in the last 2 days moog 1,063 17 08/12/05 09:55 AM
by Vvellum
* Can someone introduce me to The Dead??
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 3,618 20 04/17/04 07:07 PM
by Ripple
* Grateful Dead Downloads Will Be Restored at Archive.org Noviseer 2,470 7 12/02/05 04:58 PM
by geokills
* Independent PrisonSong 952 12 01/19/05 10:29 AM
by PrisonSong
* I started a private BitTorrent tracker!
( 1 2 3 all )
YthanA 4,078 48 11/30/05 03:41 AM
by Dety
* Vulture's Guide to Downloading and Burning MP3 and SHN files
( 1 2 all )
Vulture 8,746 22 06/09/04 03:33 PM
by Vulture
* RoboTunes Vol. 1: Chad Vangaalen - "Clinically Dead" OneMoreRobot3021 856 14 10/14/05 09:33 AM
by ivi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,948 topic views. 4 members, 106 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.