Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #16574929 -

PeterGriffin467 said:
I dont care what its supposed to be I will always read it and say it as "may may".  It just sounds better.  Me-me or Meem sound :tard:



Sorry I gotta be the one to tell you this, but "may-may" sounds retarded.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #16574930 -

PeterGriffin467 said:
I dont care what its supposed to be I will always read it and say it as "may may".



:gayflag:


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: DebuteMachine]
    #16574945 -

DebuteMachine said:
what the fuck is this sandwich doing in here!!!!!!

:crankynoweed:



:laugh2:


--------------------
~Scarab74
We are such stuff as dreams are made of.
                W. Shakespeare - The Tempest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16574958 -

BlindSophist said:
PeterGriffin467 said:
I dont care what its supposed to be I will always read it and say it as "may may".  It just sounds better.  Me-me or Meem sound :tard:



Sorry I gotta be the one to tell you this, but "may-may" sounds retarded.



I think it sounds stupid too but of the three choices its the least retarded sounding to me


--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #16574977 -

Is it opposite day?


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #16575051 -

PeterGriffin467 said:
BlindSophist said:
PeterGriffin467 said:
I dont care what its supposed to be I will always read it and say it as "may may".  It just sounds better.  Me-me or Meem sound :tard:



Sorry I gotta be the one to tell you this, but "may-may" sounds retarded.



I think it sounds stupid too but of the three choices its the least retarded sounding to me



Three choices? From now on I'm going to pronounce the word 'happiness' as 'zubbawubba' /'zəbəwəbə/;.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE, MOTHERFUCERS.


--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Dawks]
    #16575074 -

Dawks said:
PeterGriffin467 said:
BlindSophist said:
PeterGriffin467 said:
I dont care what its supposed to be I will always read it and say it as "may may".  It just sounds better.  Me-me or Meem sound :tard:



Sorry I gotta be the one to tell you this, but "may-may" sounds retarded.



I think it sounds stupid too but of the three choices its the least retarded sounding to me



Three choices? From now on I'm going to pronounce the word 'happiness' as 'zubbawubba' zəbəwəbə.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE, MOTHERFUCERS.



:ilold:



--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Newbie]
    #16575377 -

Newbie said:
BlindSophist said:
The dreadful part is that mispronunciation has a way of taking over on the proper pronunciation because there are more idiots than literate people. How do you think "Boise" is meant to be pronounced? :picard:




boy-zee



NO!  It is pronounced Boy-see. Boy-zee sounds retarded


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Dawks]
    #16593515 -

Dawks said:
PeterGriffin467 said:
BlindSophist said:
PeterGriffin467 said:
I dont care what its supposed to be I will always read it and say it as "may may".  It just sounds better.  Me-me or Meem sound :tard:



Sorry I gotta be the one to tell you this, but "may-may" sounds retarded.



I think it sounds stupid too but of the three choices its the least retarded sounding to me



Three choices? From now on I'm going to pronounce the word 'happiness' as 'zubbawubba' /'zəbəwəbə/;.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE, MOTHERFUCERS.



Yeah yeah smartass:wink: you know what I meant


--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: PeterGriffin467]
    #16593531 -

Meeem sounds the most retarded out of the two three, it sounds like some type of  basterdization. Like the clowns who try to act cool and say shits cray.

:minigun:

Edited by Newbie (07/26/12 10:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #16593551 -

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Meeem sounds the most retarded out of the two three



I'm unfamiliar with 'meeem' but meme only has one pronunciation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: SoreSpore]
    #16593587 -

You know, I pronounce it "meem" but I'm going to start saying me-me because all it is, is a bunch of people, seeing something cool, and going "me to me to!"

I wonder what philosiraptor would make of this.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #16593612 -

I used to pronounce it as "Meh-Meh" until I heard other people say it. :rofl2:


--------------------
We are here to assist, to teach you to evolve as we go through this process together. We give our own version of things only to bring you to a higher consciousness. No matter what situation you find yourself in, it is the power of your thoughts that got you there. It is also the impeccable belief that thought creates that will transform your experience and the planetary existence.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #16593619 -

Throughout much of the Midwest "wash" is pronounced "warsh" and "Washington" is "Warshington."

I know a Harvard professor (Australian born) who pronounces "idea" as "ideaR," with an 'r' at the end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Me_Roy]
    #16593760 -

"Im gonna go warsh my clothes down in the crick"


--------------------
"I just need to check inside ya asshole SIR.... Asshole clear!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Newbie]
    #16593863 -

Newbie said:
I'd never heard it pronounced before I spoke it, and for some reason it just clicked in my head as "meem", rather than, "meemee".  I'm no Englishtician but when you have a word that repeats itself like that, it's usually separated by a hyphen or a space.  Examples:  "go-go, doo-doo, pee-pee, bam-bam" etc.



Tutu.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #16594899 -

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Meeem sounds the most retarded out of the two three, it sounds like some type of faggot basterdization. Like the clowns who try to act cool and say shits cray.

:minigun:



The guy who invented the word is still alive and would beg to differ.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16594924 -

abltsandwich said:
Newbie said:
I'd never heard it pronounced before I spoke it, and for some reason it just clicked in my head as "meem", rather than, "meemee".  I'm no Englishtician but when you have a word that repeats itself like that, it's usually separated by a hyphen or a space.  Examples:  "go-go, doo-doo, pee-pee, bam-bam" etc.



Tutu.



Ever heard of a silent U preceded by a consonant formed by the lips? E is special and "meem" just looks silly while failing to match the phonetics of the word upon which it's based.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Edited by Sophistic Radiance (07/26/12 07:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: Newbie]
    #16594959 -

There is no correct way to pronounce anything. Just keep pronouncing it however you are, none are more or less correct than others. [/linguistics]
:themoreyouknow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So a few people I work with pronounce the word "meme" as "mee mee". [Re: nooneman]
    #16595004 -

nooneman said:
There is no correct way to pronounce anything. Just keep pronouncing it however you are, none are more or less correct than others. [/archaeology]
:themoreyouknow:



Fixed.

The guy who invented the word knows how it's pronounced better than somebody who's only seen it in writing.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Memes ShroomyShroomers 654 6 11/25/09 05:19 PM
by Neuron
* Why don't people know how to fuckin' pronounce things?
( 1 2 all )
JH05 3,646 31 07/12/08 03:16 PM
by Mr. Mushrooms
* how do i pronounce this?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
amberella1989 2,934 89 08/26/11 07:54 AM
by Earth Child
* How would you pronounce "Michel" Irradiated_Feces 630 14 10/31/05 10:32 PM
by Jared
* The "funniest meme" thread
( 1 2 all )
Luc1d 3,609 22 04/25/11 12:17 AM
by Luc1d
* How do you pronounce mycelium?
( 1 2 3 all )
zeegos 4,757 40 07/30/06 08:59 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* How do you pronounce φ
( 1 2 all )
Coaster 2,736 23 10/06/09 12:42 PM
by Swyfty Swyf
* How do i pronounce this? Thread
( 1 2 all )
just me 3,759 21 08/24/08 09:06 PM
by just me

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,821 topic views. 5 members, 8 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.