Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
What should I invent?
    #16484950 -

I am a plastic moldmaker and things are kinda slow in the shop these days. Waiting on a couple of people to pull the trigger on new projects.

Right now just cleaning the shop and doing maintenance but I would have time to make something.

If you had the resources to make something out of plastic (injection mold) max size is around 16 square inches, what would you invent?

I'm always trying to think about simple inventions that I could make a mold for in a few days and produce a few thousand to sell.

What would you make?


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16484960 -

A big bong. Metal bowl of course. Or make cool ash trays if your plastic is good enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: HippestTrip]
    #16484964 -

Dildo?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: Awakened1]
    #16484971 -

Psychedelic assbeads?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16484977 -

I would do what you said...., ie. invent something that you could make out of plastic that's under 16 square inches (since you have a size restriction) that you could make a mold for in a few days and produce a few thousand that you could sell... CHA CHING!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #16484983 -

i knew sex stuff was gonna come up! Lol
I like the psychedelic ashtray idea.

I was thinking about making ice cube tray molds with psychedelic shapes and characters. For making chocolate molds or popsicles


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: funegi]
    #16484995 -

Cell phone holsters
phone/laptop cases/covers
mushroom cultivation devices, including shotgun tops for tubs and buckets.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16485009 -

Led lights housed in Clear Plastic... wands, rings, jewelry/novelties whatever your creative light can conceive... for rave culture...EASY to sell that kinda shtuff fast if it hits the scene  :patriot:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16485026 -

Cellphone covers are so specific and hard to model. Plus there are so many devices that once you design it it's obselete.

Niche products are the best, cultivation supplies would be cool.
tools or specialized lids for small bins or jars.

Interesting...


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: Awakened1]
    #16485034 -

Yuppp BUT mixed with my Idilla... A dildo that doubles as a glow shtick and maybe a cock ring wouldn't be a bad Idilla...TORTILLA THAT IS ALL :awehigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: Doc_T]
    #16485071 -

Doc_T said:
Cell phone holsters
phone/laptop cases/covers
mushroom cultivation devices, including shotgun tops for tubs and buckets.



Hey Doc, what would a shotgun top look like?


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16485169 -

Would a time machine be out of the question? Maybe just a decent clock you know with an alarm etc, how good are you with making a circuit board?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16485201 -

JohnnieYen said:
Doc_T said:
mushroom cultivation devices, including shotgun tops for tubs and buckets.



Hey Doc, what would a shotgun top look like?



Like a regular tub, but with the holes predrilled.
then you could make dubtubs without any drilling.

Another option would be a mason jar lid with a Luer Lok fitting for making LC/GLC.
You'd want another hole for a filter of some kind. Polyfil would work but molding in a piece of SFD would be cooler.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16485294 -

i would make a sifter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16486577 -

I would try to make a bunch of rotary piston pumps of various sizes. That would be quite a challenge requiring lots of precision. 
What type of plastic are you working with?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #16486610 -

JohnnieYen said:
If you had the resources to make something out of plastic (injection mold) max size is around 16 square inches, what would you invent?




A wheel


--------------------
:scarybeat:


My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: Dest] * 1
    #16486638 -

yeah man i just got a 3d printer that prints in abs plastic.  Running into the same problem of i don't know what to do with it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: teamkiller] * 1
    #16486743 -

me and my friends came up with an awesome invention idea

it would be like pill identifier for weed, but way more technologically advanced

basically you have an ap on your iphone and you just snap a picture of your bud, and it tells you the strain name

would be rather rad

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: plektheplek] * 1
    #16486818 -

haha awesome like a pokedex !!


--------------------
:scarybeat:


My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What should I invent? [Re: Dest]
    #16486886 -

Dest said:
I would try to make a bunch of rotary piston pumps of various sizes. That would be quite a challenge requiring lots of precision. 
What type of plastic are you working with?



I work with nylon, rubber, ABS, polycarbonate pvc, acetal, PE etc...
There is a reason those are metal. Heat would melt/degrade the plastic fast


--------------------
[center

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* get yer buttplug!!
( 1 2 all )
LeftyBurnz 3,063 30 10/22/08 03:52 PM
by nonwo
* How do I build my invention???
( 1 2 all )
Atheist 3,285 21 06/08/06 05:45 PM
by Atheist
* The most under rated invention?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DankAne 10,243 61 10/31/05 01:09 AM
by hawksapprentice
* which invention would you most like to see?
( 1 2 3 all )
Yoschie99 5,702 49 02/02/07 07:45 PM
by CosmicFool
* What kind of inventions/scientific breakthroughs would YOU like to see in your lifetime?
( 1 2 3 all )
Cameron 5,001 54 06/30/08 05:53 PM
by TheGoodLife
* Invention
( 1 2 3 all )
sublime40oz 3,459 48 09/10/05 12:04 AM
by stemmer
* I have a very good idea for an invention, what do I do now?
( 1 2 all )
UncleLuke 2,546 23 12/17/06 09:33 AM
by thallus
* someone needs to invent and advertise a good free hookup site DeadPhan 2,582 16 10/30/08 10:31 AM
by travelleler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,395 topic views. 4 members, 13 guests and 106 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.