Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16441953 -

I have a wakizashi and I can't wait for the zombie apocalypse to start lopping off heads. It's battle ready with a wooden sheath, I've practiced on trees and shit.


--------------------
Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: bryguy]
    #16443172 -

bryguy said:
I have a wakizashi and I can't wait for the zombie apocalypse to start lopping off heads. It's battle ready with a wooden sheath, I've practiced on trees and shit.



Nice what kind is it? Could you post a pic? Mine is battle ready but it isn't a VERY nice one. It's made of high quality high carbon steel
but it is not a traditional Japanese blade. It has no Hammon and no multiple folds, it is not Japanese steel. I wish to one day go to japan and get one (even though you don't have to go to Japan to get a traditional sword)


Practiced on trees? Lol

I usually practice on Ocean spray juice jugs and bamboo stalks or I stick a piece of straight soft wood into the ground and slice it down as many times as possible. Im not fortunate enough to do Traditional cutting with a Tatami mat roll.

Im guessing you mean slicing at branches on a tree? That's not necessarily a good way to increase your technique and cutting power...Not to mention it's not very respectful to your friend the tree :tongue2: Though I can't deny ive sliced plenty of branches and the like myself...It is actually quite hard to slice very small branches, you have to swing really fast, I could see how that would help your technique.



Edited by TeamAmerica (06/26/12 10:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16443198 -

My weapon of choice:



--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: LySergic D]
    #16443220 -

LySergic D said:
My weapon of choice:





:confused2:

Edited by TeamAmerica (06/26/12 10:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16443844 -



I'm pretty sure it's a traditional japanese blade, it wasn't that expensive though, only around $150. Would your tactical wakizashi work better in actual combat?

I cut small trees entirely, sometimes as much as an inch or two in diameter thick in one swing. I've cut through ocean spray bottles, too. And pumpkins, those are really fun to cut.

Also, I always thought the wakizashi was a samurai sword, like the one-handed version of the katana, but you say it's a ninja blade.


--------------------
Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: bryguy]
    #16445788 -

There are a couple of things that would make it a traditional sword.
Mine was 100$ flat

A wooden handle with a cord wrap is one thing which mine doesn't have, as well the images on the handle(forgot what they are called)

It mainly has to do with the blade though...Apparently there are SECRETS to Japanese steel that only a few forgers know in japan but maybe I have just been watching Kill Bill too much.

One known property to Japanese steel is a Hamon 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamon_%28swordsmithing%29
Yours doesnt seem to have one...A Hamon is a curved pattern weld on the edge of the blade that makes the steel even stronger, which lets you have a very keen edge, which is important for cutting. Any blade with a real hamon though is very expensive. Though the Japanese actually arent the first to do pattern welded blades...The saxons actually mastered pattern welding as well.

Another property is extreme folding and cold tempering that usually you only get with an expensive sword that again greatly increases the strength of the steel.

Just a Tanto with True Japanese steel would be around 350-400 dollars.
http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SH1203&name=Hanwei+Kami+Tanto
I rly want one though! :etbig:


I love cutting pumpkins! What I do is throw it up and slice it 2 or 3 times before it hits the ground (might sound impossible, but it just takes practice)

Mine is tactical in the sense that the handle is made of materials that will not deteriorate in the weather, the steel is also coated with plasma so it will not rust. I would rather have traditional wooden handle cord wrapped or ray skin wrapped any day though.

There is no REAL "Ninja" sword that is why I put it into quotations.

All samurai carried a wakazashi and an Odachi with them, a 'Small' and a 'Big'

The reason why a Wakizashi is technically the true 'Ninja' sword is because you could hide it very easily within your clothes, and it would be much faster than the larger swords. Once you put a large handle on it it becomes even faster with two hands and you gain some range. The handle on my sword is 10 inches long. They would have been used in a night assault while dressed in black or navy blue and could be easily swung In-doors unlike the larger swords.

Edited by TeamAmerica (06/27/12 02:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16445954 -

TeamAmerica said:
I had a dream the other night about 'zombies'...They weren't slow moving zombies either, and they didn't rise out from the grave, they were like vampires, they had to eat you or your blood to stay alive.

I woke up the next day and Resident Evil was on all day :lol:

Let's say if it really happened it would be more of an 'Alien Virus' that is like an epidemic...


Anyways say it happens this halloween...


What weapon would you use?

Personally Im about to buy a Hanwei tactical Wakizashi :grin:

Wakazashi being the real 'ninja' sword







And remember these are some fast ass vampire zombies! :donniedarko:



I would probably (realistically) be able to get ann m4 assualt rifle with acog,i didnt even know that shit was real till i shot it you could easily hit a target the size of a clay pidgeon from 70-200 yards with practice.Also it pierces through steel easily


--------------------
All you need is love:heart:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?-John Lennon

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.
-John Lennon

Life is like a dang old rubix cube you get one side right you mess up the other-Boomhauer
To do list-Ketamine:specialk:, Mushrooms:heart:,LSD:awecid::,Salvia:rocket:,DMT,DXM:crazy2:,Cocaine:rail2:,2c-e:pipesmoke:,Molly:rave:,E:heart:,MXE, 4-Aco-DMT, 25inbome:heart:,6-APB and    5-meo-dalt

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: Seriously_Spaced]
    #16446056 -

Everyone is posting their Ideal guns...But let's say that the Military seized all fire arms and ammunition...

What would you use?


I'll give you the simplest solution and easiest to attain...

A Bo staff.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C5%8D



Or in more simple terms...


Just getchya a bigass fucking stick son!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16446100 -

TeamAmerica said:
Apparently there are SECRETS to Japanese steel that only a few forgers know in japan but maybe I have just been watching Kill Bill too much.



too much kill bill.

japanese steel from that period was made with a bloom furnace, iron
sands/ore were placed in the top along with charcoal, and it continued for
2 days, a couple of days of feeding the furnace, in the bottom a pool of
metal formed, the steel makers and blade smiths didnt know what caused the
steel to become tougher they just knew that this process worked. anyway
from a single bloom they'd get a high and low quality steel, the more
brittle it was the more carbon it contained and they worked with that,


in order to retrieve the steel they had to destroy the furnace, once cooled
they'd break it up and send it to swordsmiths. the hammering and folding 
took something that looked like a molten rock and worked all the impurities
out of it, it was simply the method used. once they were satisfied with the
quality of the steel they'd work on a mild steel and work it the same way.
they flatten the hard steel, make it into a long taco shell and sandwich
the mild steel to the inside, they'd then heat the pair and hammer weld
them together and work on the final shaping. the sandwich allowed for a
hard steel exterior with the more flexible interior which gave the sword
it's toughness and durability

hardening and tempering of the blade was what produced that hamon as well
as the distinctive curve, they used a differential tempering technique that
required them to paint the blade with clay to keep one side from tempering
as much as the cutting edge the blade was then heated to a certain color
and quenched

the finished blade was then sent to a polisher and then to someone to make
a shirasaya and then another to make proper scabbard and fit it with all
the fittings


Quote:
Yours doesnt seem to have one...A Hamon is a curved pattern weld on the edge of the blade that makes the steel even stronger, which lets you have a very keen edge, which is important for cutting. Any blade with a real hamon though is very expensive. Though the Japanese actually arent the first to do pattern welded blades...The saxons actually mastered pattern welding as well.



nearly all steel made more than 200 years ago was made in bloom furnaces to it's all got the pattern welded appearance, that was just a by product of metal processing of the time, use 2 different grades such as a low and a high carbon steel folded together and etch it with acid sch as lemon juice and you will discolor the mild steel and produce the 'damascus' steel


Quote:
Another property is extreme folding and cold tempering that usually you only get with an expensive sword that again greatly increases the strength of the steel.




there is no actual cold tempering, some steels are cold workable and do get
a little harder through the process but it's not an actual temper and it's
not how it was done with japanese swords


Quote:
The reason why a Wakizashi is technically the true 'Ninja' sword is because you could hide it very easily within your clothes, and it would be much faster than the larger swords. Once you put a large handle on it it becomes even faster with two hands and you gain some range.




it's mostly about the grip, gripping it pommel and using it as your
leverage point is what gained the speed, there's several schools dedicated
to different styles of sword use in japan. Iaido for instance it the fast,
smooth draw meant to cut down an opponent, it's one of the specialties,
Kendo, Kenjutsu, etc... would all be other specialties involving fencing
and other things

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16446419 -

Couldn't say it any better than has already been said:

"AK-47....When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother f**ker in the room, accept no substitute." (Samuel L. Jackson-Jackie Brown-1997)


--------------------

Be good to everyone, but do not be hesistant to keep toxic, negative people out of your life!
                    ***Trade list is currently empty***

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: ya der eh]
    #16447262 -

ya der eh said:
Couldn't say it any better than has already been said:

"AK-47....When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother f**ker in the room, accept no substitute." (Samuel L. Jackson-Jackie Brown-1997)



:lol:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #16447426 -

Pris im sure it has been just too many Kill bill movies..But I wouldn't be SO sure.


What if you discovered a secret to steel (apart from the other known ways) Of making it so incredibly tough and sharp that you could cut through almost anything? Wouldn't you keep that Top secret?

I know this is totally irrelevant and really proves nothing but It made me think about this very possibility..  I had very vivid and real dream a couple of months ago. (This was before I even bought my Wakizashi, it is actually the reason I started getting into Japanese weapons)

I was in this house and I was among what seemed to be a Japanese sword master and his 'henchmen' on a night assassination attempt. He gave the orders for a couple of his men to be decapitated for some reason.

He then turned to me and said "Do Not frustrate me."






I got frightened and ran into the nearest room and locked the door. The master then preceded to stab through the door and unlock it.

The next thing he did was cut through a solid wooden dresser almost completely in half.
In my dream I remember being surprised and saying something like 'That is impressive'

He then proceeded to cut my head off and the dream ended there...I actually remember it so well, It was so real that I sware I thought I could feel warm blood flowing down my neck!

Anyways If you just read all of that I know that proves nothing at all BUT> It made me think that there is a slight Possibility that a blade like that perhaps COULD be forged, and If you knew how to you would keep it totally secret.

My idea on how a blade that effective could possibly be made would be perhaps something to do withan extremely hard Hamon edge, that could somehow be made so sharp that it could cut through anything....Perhaps if it was a diamond edge or something...anyways enough dreaming..

I believe in the future with increases in technology we will be able to make a blade that can do things like cut through stone or a tree...

Edited by TeamAmerica (06/28/12 09:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16451519 -

Post some more weapons fuckers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16451733 -

A Guan dao would be handy.
As well as a kukiri.

Realistically, I have some machetes I would be using.

Guns would be noisy. I have a .22LR that I'd need to build a silencer for.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #16451787 -

i'd perfer to go the old fashond rout and just start cracking skulls with my steel pipe.


or my iron crowbar.


and fire.


because it's really easy to carry around a bunch of kerosene.


plus it's funner to kill flaming zombies





AND you just can't face a zombie war with out a chain saw.


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: Salomon]
    #16451813 -

Yeah, using fire tactically would be very helpful. I'd start collecting styrofoam and gasoline.
And a bunch of extra filters for respirators.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: Salomon]
    #16452866 -

You could bring a crowbar to smack them in the head but remember zombies don't really use their brain so it might not stop them!


LOL you always see Chainsaws in zombie movies but it seems like a little over kill dont you think!

Besides chainsaws would be heavy and slow, not to mention it would probably get stuck in the zombie!

Edited by TeamAmerica (06/28/12 07:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16452990 -



--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: TeamAmerica]
    #16453021 -

TeamAmerica said:
You could bring a crowbar to smack them in the head but remember zombies don't really use their brain so it might not stop them!


LOL you always see Chainsaws in zombie movies but it seems like a little over kill dont you think!

Besides chainsaws would be heavy and slow, not to mention it would probably get stuck in the zombie!



thinking realistically, if there were an actuial zombie appoclypse, the zombies would have to use thier brains, else they couldn't move, much less have the coordination to attack somebody.



so i think agood blow to the face with a skinny blunt object would do serious damage. i mean imagine a normal person getting plowed in the eyes with a crowbar. it's got to be the same.


and the chain saw, well it  might be overkill, but comon, when ELSE am i going to get to kill zombies with a chain saw!?:wtfsonic:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Zombie apocalpyse this halloween (what weapon) [Re: Salomon]
    #16453040 -

My understanding is that zombies would have a non-working frontal lobe and would be powered almost entirely by the brain stem.  The problem with a chain saw is that it would make gore go everywhere.  Being that "zombieness" seems to be spread through some sort of non-airborne virus, I would not want zombie guts getting in contact with my orifices.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Zombie apocalypse
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
kaste 6,342 101 01/04/10 08:01 AM
by Razzl3Frazzl3
* The original Halloween movie...in the dark, by myself! TODAY 921 15 08/25/07 10:16 AM
by lysergicide
* Peaceful Day In The Woods or Epic Halloween Adventure? Led Zeppelin 456 8 10/27/10 08:47 PM
by kirilan
* TOP 10 or 20 GREATEST ZOMBIE MOVIES EVER!!!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Dunno 7,259 73 11/27/10 07:11 AM
by Dunno
* rob zombie's halloween nightkrawler 258 0 07/13/07 08:59 PM
by nightkrawler
* quick zombie question
( 1 2 all )
Dunno 2,756 23 12/01/10 04:38 AM
by rodfarva
* Zombies have taken over the world.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
noticeofeviction 4,340 67 03/21/10 09:02 PM
by Cubie
* Suddenly Zombies
( 1 2 all )
CosmicFool 1,694 32 11/14/10 04:49 PM
by zombi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,517 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 72 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.