Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I want to be buried without a coffin
    #16400550 -

I heard this was illegal but don't understand why. Something about decomposing in the dirt compared to in a coffin seems more logical to me. The ground turns everything you put in it into dirt eventually, so why put me in a box?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Rhizohunter] * 1
    #16400608 -

Its illegal because you must have a service where everyone can stare at you artificially preserved dead body in a box and cry about it, while people attempt to give a shitty speech and the preachers preach


--------------------
:scarybeat:


My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #16400611 -

Muslims are buried directly in the ground, just covered in a shroud. And since muslims live in NY, I'm sure there's some way to get buried this way. Though you might have to lie and say you're a muslim.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: elmagic923]
    #16400685 -

I want my body blended and fed into the water supply


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: elmagic923]
    #16400692 -

elmagic923 said:
Muslims are buried directly in the ground, just covered in a shroud. And since muslims live in NY, I'm sure there's some way to get buried this way. Though you might have to lie and say you're a muslim.




Thanks for the tip:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Amoeboid]
    #16400713 -

Amoeboid said:
I want my body blended and fed into the water supply



:awedisgust:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #16400719 -

alcoholichunter said:
elmagic923 said:
Muslims are buried directly in the ground, just covered in a shroud. And since muslims live in NY, I'm sure there's some way to get buried this way. Though you might have to lie and say you're a muslim.




Thanks for the tip:thumbup:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #16400771 -

alcoholichunter said:
I heard this was illegal but don't understand why. Something about decomposing in the dirt compared to in a coffin seems more logical to me. The ground turns everything you put in it into dirt eventually, so why put me in a box?



dude, fuck yeah! i've always wanted to be buried in the dirt.

It is so selfish to put yourself in a box, taunting nature as you rot, feeding nothing.


--------------------
Emerge and See.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Phobium]
    #16400786 -

My goal is to be buried underneath a baby tree in a hemp sack.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Phobium]
    #16400788 -

Phobium said:
It is so selfish to put yourself in a box, taunting nature as you rot, feeding nothing.



I hate to be one to complain about semantics, but technically if you are rotting you are feeding something. That is of course unless you mean abiotic decomposition. :awesome:


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #16400873 -

alcoholichunter said:
I heard this was illegal but don't understand why. Something about decomposing in the dirt compared to in a coffin seems more logical to me. The ground turns everything you put in it into dirt eventually, so why put me in a box?



It's not illegal everywhere, if illegal at all. They're called green funerals. Body is not pumped full of preservatives, covered in a burial shroud and buried in a place where approved, like a park or out in the woods/ someones property in a nice peaceful beautiful place.

Wasn't there just a thread about this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_funeral


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: meatcakeman]
    #16400896 -

meatcakeman said:
Phobium said:
It is so selfish to put yourself in a box, taunting nature as you rot, feeding nothing.



I hate to be one to complain about semantics, but technically if you are rotting you are feeding something. That is of course unless you mean abiotic decomposition. :awesome:



Well, what would there be to feed? Pretend this coffing is sealed, air tight, water tight.. could insects get in?
Would maggots form from your own body and eat itself? Lol


--------------------
Emerge and See.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #16400902 -

Thanks Wakeboard, I was told by someone it was illegal to do. I'm gonna start writing a will soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #16400911 -

Yeah it's not illegal at all anywhere as far as I know. It just has to be done in an approved place.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Phobium]
    #16400920 -

Phobium said:
meatcakeman said:
Phobium said:
It is so selfish to put yourself in a box, taunting nature as you rot, feeding nothing.



I hate to be one to complain about semantics, but technically if you are rotting you are feeding something. That is of course unless you mean abiotic decomposition. :awesome:



Well, what would there be to feed? Pretend this coffing is sealed, air tight, water tight.. could insects get in?
Would maggots form from your own body and eat itself? Lol



Microorganisms would be there to feed.  Your body is covered in them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: DieCommie]
    #16401101 -

I want to be turned into compost and replanted as a sturdy oak, or a nice willow. Not sure yet, imagine a graveyard where this was the norm. Not depressing, but a beautiful garden. Where your kids kids could come and climb on you. I don't think it gets any better than that.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Edited by Enjoywho (06/18/12 10:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: DieCommie]
    #16401139 -

DieCommie said:
Phobium said:
meatcakeman said:
Phobium said:
It is so selfish to put yourself in a box, taunting nature as you rot, feeding nothing.



I hate to be one to complain about semantics, but technically if you are rotting you are feeding something. That is of course unless you mean abiotic decomposition. :awesome:



Well, what would there be to feed? Pretend this coffing is sealed, air tight, water tight.. could insects get in?
Would maggots form from your own body and eat itself? Lol



Microorganisms would be there to feed.  Your body is covered in them.



Yes, but
Fuck the microorganisms, I'd prefer to feed some plants.


--------------------
Emerge and See.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Phobium]
    #16401152 -

I'd rather feed the people  :turtle:


--------------------
Philosophically, the contents of the jar gave no advice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #16401845 -

It's easy to be buried without a coffin, and it's legal in every state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I want to be buried without a coffin [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16401853 -

I have thought this for some time.  I want a biodegradable box so I may return to the earth.


--------------------


"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Last Ride (Coffin Simulator) Deadkndys420 1,724 13 11/10/12 09:02 PM
by Shroomopotamus
* Half a million plastic coffins?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Visionary Tools 6,121 104 07/21/08 01:03 PM
by MycoCakeEater
* Buried vs. 127 Hours lonelypsychonaut 1,068 19 02/03/13 03:11 PM
by NWlight
* Why use coffins?
( 1 2 all )
Advocate 1,377 34 07/29/14 04:36 PM
by i like cow poo
* Cremated or Buried?
( 1 2 all )
28064212 2,749 27 01/18/11 11:56 PM
by 28064212
* Why do we have to pay to be buried, expoliting the dead
( 1 2 all )
245willow19 2,070 22 06/13/13 10:42 PM
by zZZz
* buried or cremated?
( 1 2 3 all )
Intheneed 1,486 42 07/02/11 10:29 AM
by nannybooboo
* King Tut's coffin removed for first time in history. Cause of the plagues?!
( 1 2 all )
ilus 765 32 03/20/20 08:14 AM
by tyrannicalrex

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,470 topic views. 4 members, 22 guests and 123 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.