Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Roger Water's Concert
    #16312877 -

Roger Water's is coming to town soon performing "The Wall" Live.

I'm really really really debating on going. The only thing is I can't find anyone to go with me :frown:

Should I dose up and go alone :wink:

Only thing is I've never tripped at a concert before, I usually prefer to dose solo and do my own thing. I don't like big crowds to begin with and I have a bit of social anxiety.

Maybe if this MDA comes through I should just dose that instead? :shrug:

Or maybe even some MDA and just 1 hit of lucy :tongue:



Would you go alone dosed up? What should i do fuckers?
:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313138 -

man, i've been to his concert about 2 months ago and it was THE SINGLE BEST CONCERT EVER.
i HIGHLY recommend you to go despite any situation.
there's absolutely nothing like this concert on Earth.

well i went with my best friends, all dosed on acid.
and i can tell that every single one of the 50 THOUSAND people were in a altered state after the show BECAUSE of the show. and that they've just had one of the best experience of their lives. it ended and they ALL stood there, in a mixture of confusion, euphoria and awe. it's too much man, too much.

enough said. go.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313146 -

Go! I went a couple weeks ago, decided to go last second, and the show was amazing.

You can't find ANYONE to go with? I went with an ex gf for goodness sakes.

If not, then yes, just go by yourself.
Dose if you want to, hopefully you don't have to drive.  I just went high and a tad tipsy and had a great time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #16313204 -

I caught the show in Austin. Had some lemon tek brew and a great time.



I say :awesomenod:

I always prefer to go with a friend :shrug: there is bound to be someone you know who is down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313261 -

I can't say anything about whether you should trip but I did see Roger Waters maybe 10 years ago and it's still one of the best shows I've ever seen.  I went at the height of my Pink Floyd fanaticism and I fully appreciated it.  I'll never forget it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: abltsandwich]
    #16313271 -

literally nobody has cash to go :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313290 -

it's worth it man. go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313341 -

I would base your decision on how much you actually enjoy "The Wall" album as well as how much you like the venue.  For me, The Wall is a little dark and not my favorite from the Floyd catalog.  Nevertheless, I did go to see Water's Wall performance at Staples Center in Los Angeles a year ago.  I had also seen his performance of the "Dark Side of the Moon" at the Hollywood Bowl twice in two years, several years prior, and noted how much more enjoyable that venue was for his performance, regardless of the album being presented.  Arena shows like the one at Staples are just not very appealing to me because they generally have terrible acoustics (tremendous echo), and unless you are on the floor or directly behind the floor seats, you have to keep your head and neck kinked at an odd angle.

For what it's worth, I passed on the opportunity to see The Wall again when Roger came around again a couple of weeks ago to perform the same act at the Coliseum downtown.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: geokills]
    #16313363 -

I'd go, although not for the outrageous prices he's probably charging.

I think The Wall is Pink Floyd's worst album, and despise Waters for tearing apart the band - although I still love him for more or less carrying the band after Syd uhh, left. In case you're curious, DSOTM & Piper & Animals are my favorites. I'd still like to see him though, just for the same reason I saw Eric Clapton & BB King. Because they used to be fucking awesome.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: geokills]
    #16313370 -

geokills said:
I would base your decision on how much you actually enjoy "The Wall" album as well as how much you like the venue.  For me, The Wall is a little dark and not my favorite from the Floyd catalog.  Nevertheless, I did go to see Water's Wall performance at Staples Center in Los Angeles a year ago.  I had also seen his performance of the "Dark Side of the Moon" at the Hollywood Bowl twice in two years, several years prior, and noted how much more enjoyable that venue was for his performance, regardless of the album being presented.  Arena shows like the one at Staples are just not very appealing to me because they generally have terrible acoustics (tremendous echo), and unless you are on the floor or directly behind the floor seats, you have to keep your head and neck kinked at an odd angle.

For what it's worth, I passed on the opportunity to see The Wall again when Roger came around again a couple of weeks ago to perform the same act at the Coliseum downtown.



I'd go to see the Dark Side tour in a fucking heartbeat, although I'd cry since David Gilmour wouldn't be on the guitar. He's the heart and soul of that album. Roger is the brains :laugh:


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: pfxtc]
    #16313520 -

pfxtc said:
I'd go, although not for the outrageous prices he's probably charging.

I think The Wall is Pink Floyd's worst album, and despise Waters for tearing apart the band - although I still love him for more or less carrying the band after Syd uhh, left. In case you're curious, DSOTM & Piper & Animals are my favorites. I'd still like to see him though, just for the same reason I saw Eric Clapton & BB King. Because they used to be fucking awesome.



I agree, but I saw the Wall last year it was an incredible show.  Even though it's one of their worse albums, it's still great.

I also saw BB King last Sunday - it was literally the worst show I've ever seen in my life.  He was ranting about nothing for 80% of the time, and maybe played 100 notes.  The set was also ONE HOUR.  I was pissed, I paid over $100 for my ticket.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16313546 -

pwnasaurus said:
pfxtc said:
I'd go, although not for the outrageous prices he's probably charging.

I think The Wall is Pink Floyd's worst album, and despise Waters for tearing apart the band - although I still love him for more or less carrying the band after Syd uhh, left. In case you're curious, DSOTM & Piper & Animals are my favorites. I'd still like to see him though, just for the same reason I saw Eric Clapton & BB King. Because they used to be fucking awesome.



I agree, but I saw the Wall last year it was an incredible show.  Even though it's one of their worse albums, it's still great.

I also saw BB King last Sunday - it was literally the worst show I've ever seen in my life.  He was ranting about nothing for 80% of the time, and maybe played 100 notes.  The set was also ONE HOUR.  I was pissed, I paid over $100 for my ticket.



:lol: Like I said, I'd still go, but I wouldn't pay $150 a ticket or whatever it is.

I saw BB King in Mississippi in 2010. I agree. Worst show I've ever seen. He played 100 notes for you? Wow you're lucky. He played.. I'm not even kidding here... 4 notes, the entire night. I counted. 80% of the time he was just talking, like you said. Not to mention about a 15 minute bit about the benefits of viagra. At the end of the show he allowed everybody to come on stage and take group pictures. It was pretty disgusting. It was like all the morons in the place were gathering around a fossil or a statue or something. It was very "Fear and Loathing-esque" and I wanted to get out of there asap. I only paid $40 a piece for the tickets though.. Me and a friend went, and I sat next to a woman with boobs the size of my head. Failed at getting a number, although I think she wanted me to ask. Oh well, at least her breasts brought some entertainment. The bass player was pretty awesome too.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: pfxtc]
    #16313561 -

pfxtc said:
pwnasaurus said:
pfxtc said:
I'd go, although not for the outrageous prices he's probably charging.

I think The Wall is Pink Floyd's worst album, and despise Waters for tearing apart the band - although I still love him for more or less carrying the band after Syd uhh, left. In case you're curious, DSOTM & Piper & Animals are my favorites. I'd still like to see him though, just for the same reason I saw Eric Clapton & BB King. Because they used to be fucking awesome.



I agree, but I saw the Wall last year it was an incredible show.  Even though it's one of their worse albums, it's still great.

I also saw BB King last Sunday - it was literally the worst show I've ever seen in my life.  He was ranting about nothing for 80% of the time, and maybe played 100 notes.  The set was also ONE HOUR.  I was pissed, I paid over $100 for my ticket.



:lol: Like I said, I'd still go, but I wouldn't pay $150 a ticket or whatever it is.

I saw BB King in Mississippi in 2010. I agree. Worst show I've ever seen. He played 100 notes for you? Wow you're lucky. He played.. I'm not even kidding here... 4 notes, the entire night. I counted. 80% of the time he was just talking, like you said. Not to mention about a 15 minute bit about the benefits of viagra. At the end of the show he allowed everybody to come on stage and take group pictures. It was pretty disgusting. It was like all the morons in the place were gathering around a fossil or a statue or something. It was very "Fear and Loathing-esque" and I wanted to get out of there asap. I only paid $40 a piece for the tickets though.. Me and a friend went, and I sat next to a woman with boobs the size of my head. Failed at getting a number, although I think she wanted me to ask. Oh well, at least her breasts brought some entertainment. The bass player was pretty awesome too.



100 was being generous.  He did the same fucking thing!  In the middle of a song people started going up on stage I was like WTF IS THIS SHIT!

And honestly, his band wasn't even good!  The horns sucked ass, and the rhythm section was bland as fuck.  Ugh.  I saw Buddy Guy last year, he's 74, and he fucking KILLED it.  I guess 86 is a lot older than 74 though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16313568 -

Yeah well what can you say. He's old as fuck and probably just bored. I had a chance to see Buddy Guy and DIDN'T because the BB King show was so terrible, I figured Guy's would be as well. Both were huge influences on Hendrix obviously, so that's why I had such an interest in seeing them.

Random complaint : I dislike bands nowaday that play "classic rock" or "classic blues" and have 75 people on stage. We don't need 8 guitars playing a song that was recorded originally with one guitar.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16313576 -

yeah the cheapest roger water tickets are like 100+ thats why i can not find anyone to go :shrug:

I just want think the show itself would be amazing which Im sure it is. The Wall is also one of my least favorite pink floyd albums but I'm sure that it will be a good show still.

ughhhh I want to go but I will probably pass if no body ends up coming with me. Idk how dumb I would look and how bored i would be just sitting there by myself :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313588 -

Ghostwriter said:
yeah the cheapest roger water tickets are like 100+ thats why i can not find anyone to go :shrug:

I just want think the show itself would be amazing which Im sure it is. The Wall is also one of my least favorite pink floyd albums but I'm sure that it will be a good show still.

ughhhh I want to go but I will probably pass if no body ends up coming with me. Idk how dumb I would look and how bored i would be just sitting there by myself :lol:



I just paid $3500 for Stanley Cup finals seats :lol:

I'd pay any amount of money to see David Gilmour. Roger Waters not so much.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: pfxtc]
    #16313590 -

:lol: well I'm sure you will enjoy those tickets to the stanley cup

That's a little different though :strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313625 -

Ghostwriter said:
:lol: well I'm sure you will enjoy those tickets to the stanley cup

That's a little different though :strokebeard:



True true. :lol:

I'm broke :frown:


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16313628 -

Ghostwriter said:
yeah the cheapest roger water tickets are like 100+ thats why i can not find anyone to go :shrug:

I just want think the show itself would be amazing which Im sure it is. The Wall is also one of my least favorite pink floyd albums but I'm sure that it will be a good show still.

ughhhh I want to go but I will probably pass if no body ends up coming with me. Idk how dumb I would look and how bored i would be just sitting there by myself :lol:



If you can manage to be bored during the show well... I don't even know what to say to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Roger Water's Concert [Re: pfxtc]
    #16313629 -

pfxtc said:
Ghostwriter said:
yeah the cheapest roger water tickets are like 100+ thats why i can not find anyone to go :shrug:

I just want think the show itself would be amazing which Im sure it is. The Wall is also one of my least favorite pink floyd albums but I'm sure that it will be a good show still.

ughhhh I want to go but I will probably pass if no body ends up coming with me. Idk how dumb I would look and how bored i would be just sitting there by myself :lol:



I just paid $3500 for Stanley Cup finals seats :lol:

I'd pay any amount of money to see David Gilmour. Roger Waters not so much.



Seriously?  That's straight up retarded man.  Jesus christ.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Secret Diaries of Roger Waters! PapaverS 2,693 7 09/27/06 10:29 PM
by Noviseer
* roger waters
( 1 2 all )
PurpleKush 1,958 24 05/28/07 09:11 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Did anyone see Roger Waters at MSG last night?
( 1 2 all )
Animals 1,556 24 09/14/06 05:08 PM
by POTtismGOD
* Roger Waters solo... good or no?
( 1 2 all )
TinTree 2,796 22 05/11/04 11:47 PM
by Infrared
* I'm officially going to see Roger Waters (i need opinions though...) Simisu 517 4 06/16/06 09:21 AM
by Simisu
* An Evening With Roger Waters (STICKY ME)
( 1 2 3 all )
Irishdrunk 4,375 43 03/20/07 11:32 AM
by Deadmaker
* Your Summer Concert Series? Here's Mine! geokillsA 2,670 17 06/14/07 10:31 PM
by Rahie
* LiveEarth: Gore announces multi continent rock concert
( 1 2 all )
deadHead321 3,457 21 02/15/07 10:48 PM
by Boom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,217 topic views. 5 members, 11 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.