Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Strange bedfellows indeed....
    #1624239 - 06/10/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Whilst perusing the excruciatingly conservative publication, "The National Review" today, I came across the following interesting tidbit from William F. Buckley:
Quote:

The marijuana laws can most directly be compared to the Prohibition-era laws, which didn't work, undermined the law, and were capriciously enforced.

A rather refreshing viewpoint, I must say!

(Read the whole article here!)

Edited by Le_Canard (06/10/03 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Strange bedfellows indeed.... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #1624410 - 06/10/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This is actually a very common argument against the whole damned "War On Drugs." What did prohibition give us? Alcohol that was dangerous to consume because it was of questionable origins, alcohol that was unreasonably expensive, switched the nation from drinking beer and wine to drinking spirits (because it was cheaper to move and easier to hide), and the Mob.

What did the war on Drugs give us? Expensive drugs of utterly undependable quality, stronger, more concentrated drugs (for example, coca --> cocaine --> crack), and the drug cartels and associated drug-related crime.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Anonymous

Re: Strange bedfellows indeed.... [Re: Sev]
    #1624429 - 06/10/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You know what I hate? When I try to argue how prohibition doesn't work and it's a scam and other bad stuff, the only arguement I get back is drugs are bad and they will kill you! People are just so clueless. This country is never going to progress because people are constantly being brainwashed or and being made ignorant about stuff like this. And even when I do make valid points about it, they still don't change their opinions because all they have in their mind is DRUGS ARE BAD. Then they go and take their prozac, drink their beer, have a cup of coffee and smoke their cigarette. It's just fucking crazy.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Strange bedfellows indeed.... [Re: ]
    #1624440 - 06/10/03 06:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Something happened a couple weeks ago that made me realize how far we have to go before we can legalize drugs in this country. We were watching a video on drugs in my Sociology class, and in it, someone from the ACLU was saying why drugs should be legal, and about half the class booed. It made me realize just how much of an effect all the government's anti-drug propaganda has had on people.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Strange bedfellows indeed.... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1624474 - 06/10/03 07:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

someone from the ACLU was saying why drugs should be legal, and about half the class booed.

I hope you stood up, whipped your man-meat out, and slapped every one of those morons across their face.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: Strange bedfellows indeed.... [Re: ]
    #1624518 - 06/10/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Strange, isn't it? I've always wondered why there hasn't been as much of an anti-alcohol campaign. Sure, there's MADD and various other groups, but their focus is mostly not driving whilst drunk. I assume their message is: it's O.K. to be drunk, as long as you don't get behind the wheel.
Alcohol abuse has probably ruined more lives and has cost more sociallly than all illegal drugs combined. Yet it is still freely sold (and taxed). It seems some have forgotten that alcohol is a drug too...a potently addictive one as well. An interesting double standard, IMO.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1624645 - 06/10/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, yeah.  The whole thing's full of hypocrasy.  I don't understand why something that makes you feel good is BAD just because it makes you feel good, or different -- and alcohol, which, really, tends to have a lot more negative effects than a lot of illegal drugs -- is perfectly legal. 

I wonder how long it's going to be before those Hawaiian Primrose Seeds and Salvia Divinorum get scheduled, too.

I mean, this isn't to say that I don't think that some drugs should be illegal.  I can't support the use of cocaine in any form, or PCP, or heroin at all.  I'm iffy on opium, but essentially, I think that you ought to be allowed to grow anything that you can grow, so long as you don't sell it.

Shit, the commercials talk about how buying drugs is supporting terrorism -- I say we support our local growers.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1625182 - 06/10/03 10:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Actually madd has a hidden agenda of returning to alcohol prohibition.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder