Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition???
    #3484578 - 12/11/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So? Whats the best way to get pot legalized? I'm tired of this bullshit. Seriously...Is it the medical marijuana route, stragiht up legalization, hemp?????

I'm all for medical marijuana but I think it is a political dead-end. Even if we got the feds to nationally reconize cannibus for its medical features I don't feel that will ever translate into an end of prohibition...after all we can't walk down to AL's liquor store and pick up some lortabs can we? It does serve a purpose to show the intolerance of the DEA & WOD when they raid some cancer patient's grow-op though.

We need to push for straight up legalization on the state level. This is the only way its gonna happen in our lifetime. Alaska had a good thing going this election and I think it will gain momentum. If a state legalizes it in defiance of the fed government it'll be a like dominoes. It'll likely happen in Nevada, Alaska, or Cali. Not sure about other progressive states that have propositions though (i think it'd have a chance in Wash or MN or Maine, VT, NH but I'm not sure if they got propostions availible on the ballot or not...any others?)

The key to pushing a measure for ending prohibition is the tax money. If it gets painted as something that will allow police to focus on criminals, pay for roads, schools, and the community through taxes its will turn the squares into voting for it or at least not voting against it..

I'm interested in this because I wanna start up a cafe/coffee shop the day the first state legalizes it. I'll pack my shit and drive where I need to go and become the first shop open.

Anybody from Alaska? How did it go as far as TV commercials for and against? What did each viewpoint seem to be pushing?

What do you guys think? How we gonna get this to end?

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3484595 - 12/11/04 11:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If we knew how to get pot legalized, it would be legal.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3484672 - 12/11/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If we knew how to get pot legalized, it would be legal.

That kind of shitty attitude is why it is still illegal. Its your government do something with it.

People have to move out of idealism and into action. Same reason the 60's was one big fraud becase 3/4 the people involved became corporate, suburban, whores. What they spoke out against in ther 20's they now support in there 50's. How many times have you heard the line "I grew up in the 60s so I know this and that..."

Idealism gets nobody nowhere. Its time to act. That why people have to figure out out how to beat our facist government. Not complain about it.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3484702 - 12/11/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What makes you think I haven't done anything about it? I've written letters to my senators, I've protested, I've donated to pro-legalization causes. Short of armed revolution, I don't see what more I can do at the moment.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3484719 - 12/12/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Short of armed revolution, I don't see what more I can do at the moment.

grab yer guns and fight for the cause. seems its one of the only ways to get through their thick skulls. that and money. and i dont see people not paying taxes and bills....revolution will come first....bet you anything.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3484730 - 12/12/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's gonna be along, slow process, man. Think of all the people already in jail for non-violent marijuana offenses. Can't just say "Oops, we fucked up and ruined half of your life.... but hey! It's legal now!"
And all the corporations that will stand to lose millions from the use of hemp as an energy source, and for clothing, food, paper, and everything else it can be used for. And to get the government to admit that it has been distorting and supressing information in the name of the War on Some Drugs is not likely.
We're supporting the movement. We're doing our part. We're trying. We can only do so much, with what little we have, against a government that won't listen to it's people, the facts, what's morally right, or the Constitution.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

#3484731 - 12/12/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fair enough, Its just that the more I get involved with this the more I run into people who complain but don't act. Its like for every 1 person that does anything there is 35 people who just piss and moan. You get those people to do somethign and the problem is solved. It gets on my nerves b/c it could be legalized tomarrow it everybody actually did something.

--------------------

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3484757 - 12/12/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

And all the corporations that will stand to lose millions from the use of hemp as an energy source, and for clothing, food, paper, and everything else it can be used for. And to get the government to admit that it has been distorting and supressing information in the name of the War on Some Drugs is not likely.

Thats why it needs to become tied in with another issue, like state's rights. I came pretty close in Alaska and I think within a few elections (a decade or so?) we'll see a state defy the feds. Thats the key. It'll never happen on a federal level. Hell, maybe a city or county could start the thing by declaring "we are tired of spending our money on pot legislation so it won't be enforced. If the feds want to do it on their dollar fine." It's gotta start locally.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3484768 - 12/12/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They should try in California or Oregon what they tried in Alaska, as legalization would probably have a better chances of passing there

Once one state votes yes on it, there will a drastic shift hopefully, because it means the laws are going against the majority's will there

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: Ravus]
    #3484779 - 12/12/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
They should try in California or Oregon what they tried in Alaska, as legalization would probably have a better chances of passing there

Decriminalization passed here in California, but I think we've still got a long road ahead of us towards legalization.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: kadakuda]
    #3484792 - 12/12/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kadakuda said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Short of armed revolution, I don't see what more I can do at the moment.

grab yer guns and fight for the cause.  seems its one of the only ways to get through their thick skulls.  that and money.  and i dont see people not paying taxes and bills....revolution will come first....bet you anything.

Grab your guns? I hope you're joking. Do NORML a favor and quit smoking pot. :tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

#3484796 - 12/12/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, in eureka a DEA agent can't get a hotel room I've heard. But I think its likely to happen in a smaller state like Wash or VT or WS or NV or something before CA.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3484814 - 12/12/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wasn't Alaska trying for legalization, and had 40 something percent voting for it?

It doesn't seem that long of a road in that vote, and that's just Alaska. I'd think California, Oregon, some other states, would have a better chance voting towards legalization than Alaska

What we should do about this prohibition is be like a river. We cannot put out the fire with our range, as it has spread too far, but it consumes its materials quickly, and soon it will die out and we will overrun it. The younger generations seem to be more and more free towards drugs, just have patience, and always try to get others to work with you to end prohibition. Donate to NORML, MPP and MAPS, go out and vote, try to get your opinions published online and in newspapers, direct people with false information on drugs to Erowid, and just spread knowledge and try to show others that the War on Drugs is harmful to society as a whole

The Drug War cannot go on forever. It consumes tens of billions of dollars annually, and puts many otherwise innocent people in jail. More people will realize this as time goes on.

Once Canada legalizes marijuana, that will help influence the U.S. too hopefully

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: Ravus]
    #3484828 - 12/12/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

California's not as liberal as you might think. Sure, there's the Bay Area and a few liberal metropolitan areas, but then you've got Orange County, San Diego, and a bunch of other conservative areas in the south.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3484837 - 12/12/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:grin: 

farck no im not joking.  people will get good and pissed and storm teh white house before they stop paying taxes.  ill bet you 100000 imaginary internet dollars.  seriously i think thats whats gonna happen.  i personalyl want a revolution, voting aint doing much.  but thats another, opinionated, topic all together.  so ill shut my trap now.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3484842 - 12/12/04 12:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

before the RAVE act..i would have suggested some activism similar to the gay/lesbian rights movement...but now its too late..and remember..we had decades to take advantage of that freedom before it was revoked..but we waited too long...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3484851 - 12/12/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I realize that California isn't all liberal. But all you need is the majority voting to be liberal, and it seems that California would have a better chance (and more liberals) than Alaska, even though all states have conservatives. If not California, perhaps Oregon, perhaps Hawaii or Washington. It doesn't matter, if any one state can get it passed that'll be a huge step forward

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3484879 - 12/12/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

breaking a law or few is a small price to pay for getting your freedoms back. is it not?

its all about numbers, nothing more nothing less. get teh population and you can get anythign out of them.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? *DELETED* [Re: kadakuda]
    #3484954 - 12/12/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Hendostan

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: What the hell are we going to do about this prohibition??? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3485536 - 12/12/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The Supreme Court is currently deliberating over the issue of whether federal marijuana laws make moot any state permission for people who grow their own dope for their own personal medical use. They have already held previously that suppliers are susceptible to federal prosecution regardless of any particular state's laws. More than anything else, this is a state's rights issue. And from what I have heard, it did not go well.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/29/scotus.medical.marijuana.ap/

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies