Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: LySergic D]
    #16149014 -

LySergic D said:
I like Ovations. They sound great and are really comfortable to play.



won't them shits slide off of your lap when you sit down with em? I always got that impression from the shape of the back of ovations...I've never played one but they do sound great

you should get a dobro though, those things kick ass!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: SpeedwayBoogie]
    #16149022 -

I used to have a gibson les paul for electric and a cheap fender acoustic but I no longer have any.

I have played guitar for literally my entire life and one day decided that I didn't want to anymore but now really regret it so I am not a beginner at all I grew up around guitar my whole life...

I'm leaning toward that Ovation but I have not even played one yet :shrug: I just like the review's and look of them so far

I guess I need to just go out and look around

Thank's for all your guy's recomendations and keep them coming I'd love to keep the option open until I actually decide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Pigasus]
    #16149026 -

:shrug:
I think it works out pretty good.
Now that i think about it, that is what id buy if i needed a acoustic.


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: LySergic D]
    #16149033 -

I'm really leaning toward's this one http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/2980100570.html

It is a great price and all i have heard are good thing's about them

if it is available next week I really want to go check it out :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16149035 -

You from GR?


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: LySergic D]
    #16149043 -

Play the guitar before you buy it.
When I bought the Alvarez, I had a nice jam with a guy in the acoustic room and knew it was the one.
You'll know which guitar suits you.
Good luck!
I'm excited for you!


A new instrument is like a breath of fresh air. Akin to starting over.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: SpeedwayBoogie]
    #16149050 -

LySergic D said:
You from GR?



I was born there but no longer live there

I am a west michigander though :laugh:
SpeedwayBoogie said:
Play the guitar before you buy it.
When I bought the Alvarez, I had a nice jam with a guy in the acoustic room and knew it was the one.
You'll know which guitar suits you.
Good luck!
I'm excited for you!


A new instrument is like a breath of fresh air. Akin to starting over.



Thanks I am very excited myself

and yeah I have been in the music scene for a while but went through some rough times recently and put down my hobbie for a while and I am really looking forward to getting back into it

I would never buy a guitar without playing it either

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16149055 -

Oh right on. Head over to Elderly in Lansing and check out what they have to offer:thumbup:


--------------------


Broken heart don't feel so bad
You ain't got half of what you thought you had
Rock you baby to and fro
Not too fast and not too slow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16149058 -

Glad you're starting again...

I quit playing for a few months because my strat had a nasty buzz. Finally took it to a tech and he fixed it and it sounds beautiful. I spent probably 3 hours playing/recording today. First time in months!


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: LySergic D]
    #16149060 -

I'd check out Michael Kelly guitars. Don't think they sell them at GC though. You should be able to get a real quality guitar for definitely less than $500


--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:


:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16149089 -

id say get an alvarez or ibanez.  for 500 bucks with these brands you'd get a quality acoustic for the price. fender acoustics suck and a $500 taylor would live more up to the brand than the sound. taylors are really nice (i'd love one) but you should expect to pay more for one to get high quality. i really only am speaking from steel stringed guitars that i own or have played in my local music shops but :2cents:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16149114 -

Ghostwriter said:
I'm even considering getting a banjo man :thumbup:

I have not really played one though and I don't want to jump into it not knowing to much...hmmmmmm idk man




you could get a fuckin balling banjo for that price  :thumbup: no lie lol

but i also saw that you were considering an acoustic-electric. id recommend just getting a straight up acoustic if you're on a budget since the quality will be a lot better.

hope you find a good instrument though you should definitely post a pic or a sample track when you get it:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Dork]
    #16149120 -

Yeah I'd like to get a brand new one just because I'd keep it forever but I really I'd like to play that ovation I posted about and see how it is

I see what you mean about getting a straight acoustic and that is actually what I originally was looking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16149168 -

Quote:
you could get a fuckin balling banjo for that price  no lie lol



Yeah I know man, that's why i really considered it :shrug: but I really want a guitar since that's what I've always played my whole life...I think it would be better to get acquainted again with guitar and then think about getting a banjo :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Ghostwriter]
    #16149183 -

Ghostwriter said:
I posted this in the Music section also but thought i would post in the pub for a little more help since more people frequent the pub than there..


I used to play guitar a TON in high school and I ended up selling mine like a dumbass and now regret it :sad:

I am going to be getting some cash soon and want to hit up Guitar Center for a new acoustic. I will only have about $400-$500 to spend and can not go over that.

I love the sound of classical and flamingo guitar styles and would like to get something like that. I also really like the sound of bluegrass which my grandpa play's. I will probably take him along for some help also.

My question is what is a quality acoustic in that price range that will have good tone and stay in tune good. I know it is a low budget and I won't be able to get the best guitar out there but I know damn well I should be able to find a decent one in that price range.

Any suggestion's and/or recommendation's would be greatly appreciated

I won't be going to look for a week or 2 yet so I figured I would see what you guy's have to offer first :smile:

:peace:
:thumbup:






G&L G&L G&L G&L G&L G&L G&L G&L G&L G&L G&L


I have a Comanche, Its awesome. Spectacular guitar.

Leo Fender did those instruments right.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: sui]
    #16149220 -

I second the notion that a banjo would kick ass. I'd love to learn to play.

to the guy that recommended an ibanez, i have no knowledge of their acoustics but they are one of my pet peeve guitar companies (along with BC rich, dean, and jackson) in regards to their electrics. just the thought of those brands brings to mind michael angelo batio wanky ass shred guitar and wannabe wanky ass shred guitarists...plus they're almost all hideous to me



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Pigasus]
    #16149248 -

my friend had an ibanez that i used to play that had a fantastic sound to it. i think he paid 7 or 8 hundred but it was a really nice guitar. i played like a 300 dollar ibanez too and it was really decent for that price

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: Dork]
    #16149300 -

G&L

You can get A legacy for around a grand. It is a much better guitar than an American Standard strat. Youd pay like 2000 for a comparable guitar from fender. Most people compare G&Ls to Custom shop fenders. Plus they come with a certificate of authenticity signed by Mrs. Leo Fender.

IF they are still to pricey for you the tribute models made overseas are supposedly very good, but i wouldnt know.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: sui]
    #16149323 -

He's looking for an acoustic...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Plan on getting a new guitar [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #16149326 -

Oh, well never mind then, G&L definitely doesnt not do acoustic stuff.


--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Guitars
( 1 2 3 all )
Infrared 6,129 47 02/23/04 05:37 PM
by temperance
* low price guitars?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,193 22 12/04/03 11:56 AM
by SJR
* electric guitar players.,., get in here (help)
( 1 2 all )
XUL 3,907 23 08/07/06 01:36 PM
by stefan
* Buying a Guitar
( 1 2 all )
Comfortably_Numb 5,178 33 12/07/04 05:24 PM
by Jim
* Jerry Garcias guitars pictorial...
( 1 2 all )
PaulAtreides 12,429 25 04/18/16 11:07 AM
by EllisDSox
* proboblly buying a new guitar today smoke6969 755 4 10/19/03 01:19 PM
by OldSpice
* Which guitar? Event_Horizon 938 10 06/18/04 03:06 AM
by Event_Horizon
* What guitar do you have/want?
( 1 2 all )
stefan 3,641 20 11/13/03 02:01 PM
by Kremlin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,532 topic views. 8 members, 34 guests and 224 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.