Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Blair blows his top
    #1596590 - 05/31/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

TONY BLAIR yesterday furiously denied lying amid spiralling controversy over Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

Rattled Mr Blair rejected claims he had ordered MI6 to "sex-up" the government's dossier on Iraq's weapons to justify his moral case for backing the US-led attack.

And he said accusations that the security services had been told to invent intelligence were absurd.

Mr Blair hijacked a joint-press conference with the Polish Prime Minister Leszek Miller, which was meant to focus on Europe, as his clear irritation spilled out.

He did not bother to wait for the Polish interpreter to keep pace as he defended the "dodgy dossier".

At the Chancellery building in Warsaw, Mr Blair said: "The evidence of weapons of mass destruction is evidence the truth of which I have absolutely no doubt at all.

"That idea that we made our own intelligence services invent some piece of evidence is completely absurd."

The PM is under mounting pressure after a senior intelligence officer said Blair's key WMD dossier was "sexed up".

Spin doctors were said to have told intelligence officers to put in claims that Saddam was 45 minutes away from firing chemical weapons.

In a major gaff, Defence Minister Adam Ingram then confirmed that part of the dossier was only based on a single source - rather than the golden rule of two.

The Government faces a Labour backlash from back-bench MPs.

Mr Blair is understood to have "hit the roof" when he learned of the new twist as he travelled from meeting British troops in Iraq to Poland on Thursday night.

Asked why he had not even mentioned WMD during his five-hour visit to Iraq, Mr Blair said: "Now our priority, having got rid of Saddam, is to rebuild the company. So the focus is on the humanitarian and the political reconstruction of the country."

The pressure increased yesterday as Liberal Democrat leader in the Lords Baroness Williams, formerly Labour Cabinet minister Shirley Williams said: "As new and disturbing facts emerge, the war begins to look more and more like a tragic mistake."

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: Xlea321]
    #1596709 - 05/31/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You're goin' down Tony.

And your boy George to.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: Learyfan]
    #1597220 - 05/31/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I saw George Bush on TV the other day saying that they have found weapons of mass destruction, they have found labratories and they were justified in going in...

He said to all the people who believe its not true they had better start believing it because its out their and theyve already found it...

Well I wana see proof, I wana see a clear and eminent threat to the US or even Europe.

As for Mr Blair, hes a pawn, he was lied to by the US. He may have had his own intelligence but Ill bet anything that he was tricked into this by our government.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1597276 - 05/31/03 11:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

boy this should make Iran even MORE DIFFICULT..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1597419 - 06/01/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's all doublethink, they tell us what to believe and we swallow it as the truth. The motives for war keeps changing, the enemy, but the enemy is always evil incarnite and we must always support that.
Yes I know my enemies, they're the teachers that tought me to fight me, compromise conformity assimilation submission, ignorance hypocrisy, brutality, the elite, all of which are American dreams.-Rage

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: danelectro]
    #1598017 - 06/01/03 10:47 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Clear and imminent threat? Saddam Hussein provided 30,000$ to the families of each suicide bomber that killed Israelies. There, clear and imminent threat. I'm sure that you won't argue the fact that Saddam did this, nor how immoral and radical this action is, but instead attack bush for upsetting that peaceful, loving, Arab President. Interesting.

Jr

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1599757 - 06/01/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think anyone believes that Hussein was a "peaceful and loving Arab president". However, it is - and was at the time of our much celebrated "war" - quite illegal to invade another country. For any reason, OTHER than a grevious threat of clear and present danger (to borrow a phrase).

The reasons given for our illegal invasion should, at the very least in order to hold up appearances of legitimacy, HOLD FUCKING WATER!!!

I know of NO person that believes that taking out Hussein (a non-factoid, as we cannot prove one way or the other the current status of said Arab president) was not, on the whole, a good thing to do. But there are rules. There are laws. We are NOT the only country on the globe, despite what your cowboy fucking "president" seems to think.

What the same people DO believe, however, is that if we, the good ol' US of A, are going to invade another country - against every international law on the book, against the mandate of the UN, the European Union and without the support of NATO, against the wishes of most of the people in the world and even most of the people in OUR OWN COUNTRY, then the very least we as a nation could do is to have our reasons for this action stand up to scrutiny. Don't give me any of this 'ends justify the means' bullshit either... We had a responsibility. We gave our suppposedly incontravertable proof as to WMD as our imminent threat for this invasion, carried it out at the cost of thousands of Iraqi civilian lives and billions in damage.

How the fuck is this NOT a problem?

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1599789 - 06/01/03 09:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The thing is that most Americans are so jaded that the invasion didnt need to be legitimate anymore. People have a short memory and attention span. they are off Iraq and onto the next reality tv show, or the capture of that rudolph bomber guy, or killer bee sharks with SARS and people in Kansas freting about hurricanes and Amber Alerts or the next big thing that will make their lives interesting again.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: 1stimer]
    #1600124 - 06/02/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If I had a british accent, that weird hair, the pasty skin, and the boiled-down ass-tasting food, i'd be upset ALL the time.

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Blair blows his top [Re: JohnnyRespect]
    #1600255 - 06/02/03 12:53 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If I had a british accent, that weird hair, the pasty skin, and the boiled-down ass-tasting food, i'd be upset ALL the time.

What in the hell did this have anything to do with?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale