Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anyone tried ibogaine?
    #15945327 -

I recently watched a documentary movie called Ibogaine - Rite of passage. I was amazed by the claim that ibogaine potentially can cure a heroin-addiction by one single trip. This seems much better than all other treatment methods that are used for heroin-addiction today. I also thought that it must have an enormously strong effect on the heroin user in order to facilitate such a change. Has anybody here ever tried ibogaine?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Zanthius]
    #15947767 -

you trying to get off heroin? i watched a different doco about ibogaine and they said its not a pleasant experience and probably not worth while as a recreational drug. the Tribe with bruce parry had an episode where bruce ate the ibogaine root with this African tribe. it didn't look like fun. it looked even more horrifying than ayahausca. ibogaine is one hallucinogen that i never want to take.


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: blingbling]
    #15949765 -

blingbling said:
you trying to get off heroin? i watched a different doco about ibogaine and they said its not a pleasant experience and probably not worth while as a recreational drug. the Tribe with bruce parry had an episode where bruce ate the ibogaine root with this African tribe. it didn't look like fun. it looked even more horrifying than ayahausca. ibogaine is one hallucinogen that i never want to take.



Ibogaine isnt just a painful hallucinogen that happens to make you not want heroin anymore, it forces you to confront your inermost fears, faults, and problems. Ive heard stories of being forced to relive all the decisions that ever ate at your conscious including the ones youve blocked from memory, over and over. Im fairly certain this is where it cures heroin addiction, it forces addicts to confront the faults within themself that lead to their addictive behavior. Its also been said to cure nicotine, caffeine, and methamphetamine addiction.

ive never tried it, but from what i hear it could be a general cure for most, if not all, addictions (possibly excluding benzo and alchohol due to death from withdrawl) as well as a psychological/spiritual tool, to help yourself deal with the root of your problems, and hopefully emerge a better person, leading a happier and more loving life.


--------------------
Please :pm: me if you have any interesting cacti seeds for trade/sale/giveaway :laugh: U.S only..


My Garden!!!!


All posts i make are merely fictional rants that i transcribe for the schizophrenic goldfish people in my mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: deadhor5]
    #15949774 -

yeah maybe. i'm a bit jaded when it comes to the whole "psychedelics will make your life better" thing. i think psychs just bring out what you already got. imo they don't make you any better or worse, your still yourself in the end but i see how it could help with addiction.


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: blingbling]
    #15949779 -

That sounds like a interesting drug to take I'm not usually into stuff like that but I'm sure I have a few issues I need to confront it that's really what it specifically does.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Mafeki]
    #15949783 -

i've heard it can be quite dangerous so take care.


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Mafeki]
    #15949821 -

Mafeki said:
That sounds like a interesting drug to take I'm not usually into stuff like that but I'm sure I have a few issues I need to confront it that's really what it specifically does.



I agree, and I think we all benefit from confronting our fears and issues. That is the only way to evolve beyond our fears and issues.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Zanthius]
    #15950767 -

blingbling said:
yeah maybe. i'm a bit jaded when it comes to the whole "psychedelics will make your life better" thing. i think psychs just bring out what you already got. imo they don't make you any better or worse, your still yourself in the end but i see how it could help with addiction.



Zanthius said:
Mafeki said:
That sounds like a interesting drug to take I'm not usually into stuff like that but I'm sure I have a few issues I need to confront it that's really what it specifically does.



I agree, and I think we all benefit from confronting our fears and issues. That is the only way to evolve beyond our fears and issues.



Self-evolution is good(?) but psychedelics "probably wont make your life better"? :weirdeyes:


--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #15951859 -

I have seen psychedelics make improvements in my life by helping me realize things about myself and how I conduct myself in the world, but I have also seen people fuck themselves up with psychedelics. There is definitely truth to the notion that psychs can cause or bring out mental illness. Whether they help you will depend on the person imo.


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: 4896744]
    #15954105 -

Ibogaine sounds like an amazing experience in Canada we can buy it legally, off teh interwebs.

From what I understand taking the Ibogaine allows Heroin and Methadone?(verify) addicts not to suffer from withdrawal after their trip. Now I imagine THAT, combined with a powerful 36 hour long psychedelic I imagine it provides a powerful chance of beating the addiction. It's not a magic fix though. 

Supposed to be a REAL rough trip. Before you partake visit your local medical clinic and get an ECG and a Liver Enzyme Panel(verify). You'll definitely need a sitter. DO NOT ATTEMPT ALONE. BE VERY CAUTIOUS.

I had a buddy order some but I believe he dosed improperly, and therefore had little effect. I won't go into that here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Pandora5a]
    #15954405 -

I've had problems with H in the past and have wanted to experiment with Ibogaine, mostly just to relieve me from physical withdrawal symptoms, but haven't been able to find a cheap source for it.  Some clinics in Canada and Mexico offer it, I believe, but the treatment costs thousands of dollars.  :undecided:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: deCypher]
    #15954462 -

I bet a ibogaine and Kratom combo would be bad ass for getting through withdraws.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #15954738 -

deCypher said:
I've had problems with H in the past and have wanted to experiment with Ibogaine, mostly just to relieve me from physical withdrawal symptoms, but haven't been able to find a cheap source for it.  Some clinics in Canada and Mexico offer it, I believe, but the treatment costs thousands of dollars.  :undecided:



Yeah.. I think Ibogaine is banned in the US and in many other countries. Fortunately some countries ( like my own ) hasn't banned it, but I don't think it is commonly used as treatment for heroin addiction here. Pharmaceutical companies don't like drugs like Ibogaine, because you just have to use it once or maybe twice to get rid of your heroin addiction, which means that pharmaceutical companies won't earn a lot on selling it. Drugs that you have to keep taking regularly give pharmaceutical companies much more money in the long term. Let's say there comes a drug which cures headaches instead of just relieving the symptoms. A company that sold that drug would make some money initially, but then less and less as people got cured from headaches. It is uneconomical to cure people. God bless capitalism!

And by the way, if you want ibogaine cheaply, maybe it would be cheapest for you to just order it from the Internet to a post box in Canada or Mexico, and then go to Canada or Mexico to use it there on your own.


--------------------

Edited by Zanthius (03/16/12 10:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Mafeki]
    #15957073 -

Mafeki said:
I bet a ibogaine and Kratom combo would be bad ass for getting through withdraws.



i wouldn't go mixing it with anything. its relatively new to the western world and no one really knows what could happen if you mix it with other drugs besides opiates. imo this is one of those drugs that probably shouldn't be attempted unless its for treating addiction and you are properly supervised. i've never done ibogaine so i can't talk from experience but from what i've seen it would be way more beneficial to hit a classic psych like mescaline or lsd.


--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Zanthius]
    #15959007 -

Tried it.

It was terrifying.  :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Revelation]
    #15988993 -

It think what makes ibogaine different from most of the other hallucinogens is that it attacks your body and your mind. Most of the other hallucinogens mainly attack the mind. This African tribe that eats ibogine all the time, they must be either very crazy or very strong, or perhaps both. Their civilisation must be as different from ours as you can get. In our civilisation people can barely take ibogaine one time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Revelation]
    #15989663 -

Revelation said:
Tried it.

It was terrifying.  :thumbup:



What was it like?  I'm curious about Ibogaine.:strokebeard:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Zanthius]
    #15990713 -

Zanthius said:
Yeah.. I think Ibogaine is banned in the US and in many other countries. Fortunately some countries ( like my own ) hasn't banned it, but I don't think it is commonly used as treatment for heroin addiction here. Pharmaceutical companies don't like drugs like Ibogaine, because you just have to use it once or maybe twice to get rid of your heroin addiction, which means that pharmaceutical companies won't earn a lot on selling it. Drugs that you have to keep taking regularly give pharmaceutical companies much more money in the long term. Let's say there comes a drug which cures headaches instead of just relieving the symptoms. A company that sold that drug would make some money initially, but then less and less as people got cured from headaches. It is uneconomical to cure people. God bless capitalism!quote]

i actually thought about this the other day and i disagree. lets take aids for example, if a cure for aids came out, i dont think aids would ever go away, and with a cure who would care if they got it. i think cures to certain things like aids would encourage [or simply not discourage] reckless behaviors because there is that safety net. it would be like "hey joey, i think that dirty bitch gave me hiv, i gotta go to the clinic before we go back out friday. wonder what dirty skank i can assfuck this weekend." i dont know what i did but my response is in the same box

Edited by sandman3698 (03/24/12 05:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #15990749 -

reeferaddict69 said:
Revelation said:
Tried it.

It was terrifying.  :thumbup:



What was it like?  I'm curious about Ibogaine.:strokebeard:



http://eboka.info/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone tried ibogaine? [Re: Hobozen]
    #15990774 -

http://eboka.info/index.php?topic=912.0

The first and only time I've done it.  Didn't break through though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ibogaine & self discovery - best trip report ever! (long)
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 3,810 23 10/28/08 08:33 PM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Ibogaine is downright amazing
( 1 2 3 4 all )
deranger 2,313 62 05/30/11 05:50 PM
by deranger
* Treating drug addicts with Ibogaine Zanthius 439 4 10/28/12 06:37 AM
by redgreenvines
* Ibogaine interactions in the brain Zanthius 895 4 01/26/13 03:58 PM
by The Phleg
* AIDS Drugs and Pharmaceutical Corporations
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 1,398 25 12/04/09 03:06 PM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Pharmaceutical Inquisition??? barfightlard 1,936 6 05/18/05 02:29 AM
by Nocforweb
* Whats your choice of psychedelia?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
cez 2,216 60 06/08/13 03:43 PM
by redgreenvines
* Philosophy and psychedelics
( 1 2 3 all )
newgui 2,205 43 03/26/12 09:48 PM
by OrgoneConclusion

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,027 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 79 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.