Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Trying to get ripped by summer
    #15711163 -

I'm 28, 6'2, 208lbs, moderately active, trying to slim down to 190-195 and turn my beer gut into washboard abs, and muscle up a bit... got a little over 5 months to accomplish this...I know it's not a lot of time.

I stopped drinking and changed my diet to a more sensible one since Jan 3rd... I've been running a mile every day and going to the gym on the weekends where I do mediocre weight lifting (30lb free weights on each arm and 80lbs bench press).

I also do intervals on the treadmill, but I fear it's not going to be enough.

If anyone has any real tips or exercise regiments they can offer that has worked for them & will help speed this process up a bit, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll be 30 in less than 2 years, and I really don't want to end my 20's looking like an old, out of shape loser.

Thanks!


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #15711180 -

:lol:

You slim down, work out, stop drinking/drugs, etc. every year.

Whether or not you have washboard abs, you are in great shape.
And are in better shape than 95% of people your age.

30 is just a number, man.

Anyhow, my only advice would be to not go overboard.
Things like supplements, creatine, etc...
They might help you put on muscle, but they are tough on your liver and your body in general.

Eat healthy and work out regularly. That's it.

:shirtlesssoldier:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15711185 -

Check out this website it has all the information you will really ever need.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: The Vapor]
    #15711232 -

Get a job digging ditches, and mixing/pouring concrete by hand. That shit is by far the best workout I've ever had.
Seriously, just dig a hole big enough for you to stand up in, you'll fuckin feel it through your entire body..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: Lynnch]
    #15711261 -

Sorry ifoundwaldo, 208lbs at 6'2" is NOT great shape, that's about 30-40lbs overweight..

I'm 6'4" and my max weight was 182lbs last year.


--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"




"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: egodeathflux]
    #15711400 -

Eat, eat, eat, eat, eat some more, eat more, eat more, smoke weed, eat more

and swim, swim swim, swim. (use ALL your muscles)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: egodeathflux]
    #15711531 -

egodeathflux said:
Sorry ifoundwaldo, 208lbs at 6'2" is NOT great shape, that's about 30-40lbs overweight..

I'm 6'4" and my max weight was 182lbs last year.




depending on how your built.


muscles weighs more then fat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: egodeathflux]
    #15711532 -

egodeathflux said:
Sorry ifoundwaldo, 208lbs at 6'2" is NOT great shape, that's about 30-40lbs overweight..

I'm 6'4" and my max weight was 182lbs last year.




that's a bit extreme to say without knowing his build.  He might be 30 pounds overweight if he has chicken legs like a lot tall people do, but if he has leg muscles he mite really only need to go down to 195.

And to op, that's probably not intense enough to see extreme results.  I would know I've been working out like crazy and seeing little progress.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: SpecialEd]
    #15711543 -

SpecialEd said:
egodeathflux said:
Sorry ifoundwaldo, 208lbs at 6'2" is NOT great shape, that's about 30-40lbs overweight..

I'm 6'4" and my max weight was 182lbs last year.




that's a bit extreme to say without knowing his build.  He might be 30 pounds overweight if he has chicken legs like a lot tall people do, but if he has leg muscles he mite really only need to go down to 195.

And to op, that's probably not intense enough to see extreme results.  I would know I've been working out like crazy and seeing little progress.



Diet is a massive part of working out. If you don't give your body what it needs to recover from the damage you are doing to it trying to build muscle, then you won't get anywhere.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: The Vapor]
    #15711558 -

i feel ya on that, my body is just beyond stubborn when it comes to those last 10 to 15 pounds of fat.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: SpecialEd]
    #15711565 -

The problem is exactly what OP is trying to do. Rush things.

People always want to see results RIGHT AWAY..

It will never, ever happen right away (well, unless you're on roids, but thats completely different)

Diet, exercise, and consistency. If you can do those 3, you'll be ripped no doubt, just not tomorrow, and not in a few months.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: SpecialEd]
    #15711570 -

jump rope for 30 min a day and eat alot of food but it has to be good food not crap also dont eat right before you goto bed. getting slim is all about cardio so worry about weight lifting after you have slimmed down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: Uzziel]
    #15711580 -

Uzziel said:
The problem is exactly what OP is trying to do. Rush things.

People always want to see results RIGHT AWAY..

It will never, ever happen right away (well, unless you're on roids, but thats completely different)

Diet, exercise, and consistency. If you can do those 3, you'll be ripped no doubt, just not tomorrow, and not in a few months.



him getting ripped by summer is totally realistic, ive seen amazing results with people who have created/followed a program strictly while eating right. the insanity 60 day workout does actually work in 60 days if u follow it to the T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: demonofchaos]
    #15711583 -

What are you going to do with your new muscles?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: Uzziel]
    #15711585 -

Nah man, if you're really working out, you should see results in a month; you may not get you're amazing body in a month, but you should at least feel a little more alive.
You're not gonna see results in a month if you're just running a mile on the treadmill every friday though. Work up a sweat every day, then do your actual workout.
I'm serious guys, fucking shovel work. Not an hour of weights. A full day of sweat and pain, and when you get home all you want to do is chow down and pass the fuck out. Then do it again the next day. You will see results in a week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: demonofchaos]
    #15711590 -

I could see like p90x or the 60 day insanity work, if YOU WERE ONCE IN GREAT SHAPE, and then let yourself go for a few years.  It could definately get you where you used to be due to muscle memory, but if you've never worked out and are in bad shape, you gotta realize it took you longer than 60 days to get that way, it's gonna take more than 60 to fix it.


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: Patlal]
    #15711655 -

Patlal said:
What are you going to do with your new muscles?



Break girls' hearts


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: MorphinTime]
    #15711656 -

MorphinTime said:
Patlal said:
What are you going to do with your new muscles?



Break girls' hearts



Cute


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: Patlal]
    #15711666 -

offtopic but I went to the boxing gym for an hour and a half today, and I think they have circus mirrors or something, either that or I had body dysmorphia.

I kept thinking I looked like a total fatass and it got me so down I left earlier than I wanted to, I get home and then look completely normal in my bathroom mirror.  Anybody else get this?


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trying to get ripped by summer [Re: SpecialEd]
    #15711678 -

SpecialEd said:
offtopic but I went to the boxing gym for an hour and a half today, and I think they have circus mirrors or something, either that or I had body dysmorphia.

I kept thinking I looked like a total fatass and it got me so down I left earlier than I wanted to, I get home and then look completely normal in my bathroom mirror.  Anybody else get this?



its ur subconscious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Dead Summer Getaway 2003!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
kosmic_charlie 32,203 209 09/12/04 09:42 PM
by notapillow
* RIP Commodus, My Sweet Little Guy 4/5/07 - 5/27/07
( 1 2 3 all )
Liz 3,334 56 05/29/07 08:05 PM
by Liz
* how to avoid getting ripped off while buying pot
( 1 2 all )
johnjohnson 4,825 36 05/11/07 12:33 PM
by sui
* No Dead This Summer :(
( 1 2 all )
Rebirtha 5,571 35 02/09/05 04:22 AM
by Hanky
* RIPPED OFF!!
( 1 2 all )
Fizikz 2,069 22 04/07/05 07:48 PM
by Dark_Star
* Phish summer tour
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,871 20 07/12/03 10:57 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* No Word on The Dead this summer.... uh oh... Anonymous 1,524 18 01/27/05 08:35 PM
by notapillow
* Double rip from a legal shop... WTF???? Loosifa 1,240 16 12/02/04 10:27 AM
by Phychotron

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,014 topic views. 7 members, 11 guests and 156 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.