Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Thinking about getting a Motorbike
    #15678638 -

I'm thinking about getting a motorbike, It would have to be under 125cc so i could learn on it (UK laws).

I've been looking around a bit and the honda cg125 is looking cheap and reliable but not the fastest or best looking option.

It would mainly be used so I can get to school and back.

The only thing putting me off really is the danger aspect of riding compared to a car (but i can't afford one anyway so its bike or bus)

Can anybody share any stories or opinions about learning to ride or just riding in general?


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15678659 -

Get a motorboat instead.. and motorboat around all kinds of chicks on that thing...
(because of the implications....)

Sawrey I couldn't resist "the gang gets a boat" Always Sunny episode was on last nite...


--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #15678684 -

that was one of the funnier eps.

OP

under 125cc.... :rofl:

is that really the law for beginners?


--------------------


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10113692/fpart/1/vc/1

DAYS WITHOUT ALCOHOL:    I I I I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: Poor Boy]
    #15678699 -

Yeah i know its pretty small but they can still get up to 65mph top speed so its not too bad :shrug:


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15678714 -

how long till you can get a big boy bike? are there certain levels? do you have to document ride hours?


--------------------


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10113692/fpart/1/vc/1

DAYS WITHOUT ALCOHOL:    I I I I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15678723 -

get a 250 unless your a 14 year old girl...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: P-O]
    #15678729 -

:datass:


--------------------


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10113692/fpart/1/vc/1

DAYS WITHOUT ALCOHOL:    I I I I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: P-O]
    #15678730 -

PostiveOutlook said:
get a 250 unless your a 14 year old girl...



Dude, its the UK... one step at a time man...


--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: Poor Boy]
    #15678742 -

Well to be able to ride the bike (up to 125cc) in the first place you take a 1 day course called compulsory basic training.

Then you can ride with L plates everywhere apart from the motorway (highway to you probably).

Then once your ready you can take the test and get a bike up to 250cc if you're under 21. If your over 21 you can get any power bike once you pass the test.

So a long time


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15678747 -

So basically they are asking you to scratch yout foot to tickle your arsehole?
WOW

SO
GLAD
I
DONT
LIVE
THERE....


--------------------

No. No, man. Shit, no man.  I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' somethin' like that man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15678767 -



this is what i ride...

HD street bob 08

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #15678780 -

Yeah its fucking long.

I think they brought all these regulations in pretty recently because of the huge crash rate of learner riders.

Still better than the bus or train though (hopefully)


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: P-O]
    #15678788 -

PostiveOutlook said:


this is what i ride...

HD street bob 08



:Awemazing: Nice bike
How much was it?


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: shroomie_glen]
    #15678793 -

so take both classes... why fuck around?


--------------------


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10113692/fpart/1/vc/1

DAYS WITHOUT ALCOHOL:    I I I I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: Poor Boy]
    #15678804 -

I would need to learn before I could pass my test...


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15678809 -

oh, so youre an actual beginner... get off the computer and go learn!


--------------------


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10113692/fpart/1/vc/1

DAYS WITHOUT ALCOHOL:    I I I I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: spoonbomb]
    #15678810 -

spoonbomb said:
PostiveOutlook said:


this is what i ride...

HD street bob 08



:Awemazing: Nice bike
How much was it?




12 ... it my baby :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: P-O]
    #15678835 -

Save money I must :yoda:


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: P-O]
    #15678856 -

PostiveOutlook said:
spoonbomb said:
PostiveOutlook said:


this is what i ride...

HD street bob 08



:Awemazing: Nice bike
How much was it?




12 ... it my baby :heart:



12k or 1200.00?


--------------------


http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10113692/fpart/1/vc/1

DAYS WITHOUT ALCOHOL:    I I I I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about getting a Motorbike [Re: Poor Boy]
    #15678884 -

Poor Boy said:
PostiveOutlook said:
spoonbomb said:
PostiveOutlook said:


this is what i ride...

HD street bob 08



:Awemazing: Nice bike
How much was it?




12 ... it my baby :heart:



12k or 1200.00?



I'm gonna take a wild guess and say 12k


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying a motorbike - help please! shirley knott 2,654 18 09/09/04 04:57 AM
by Loki
* Who here rides motorbikes?? indica 444 6 08/02/11 10:14 AM
by indica
* motorbike stickyicky13 484 2 11/02/06 05:44 PM
by wietstocker
* where do you think BITCOIN is heading?
( 1 2 all )
Kinko 532 23 04/01/18 11:05 PM
by koods
* I think I'm fucked.
( 1 2 3 all )
Seeka 8,888 44 02/21/03 09:13 AM
by baraka
* Zetatalk - What do you think? adrug 1,568 12 04/14/03 07:20 PM
by Dogomush
* Sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn... PapaverS 2,146 6 06/02/03 07:09 AM
by Anonymous
* what do you think of Mcdonalds?
( 1 2 all )
metalchimp 6,223 28 04/08/03 01:24 PM
by HidingInPlainSight

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
983 topic views. 6 members, 39 guests and 413 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.