Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: imachavel]
    #15604570 -

Totally what you prefer.

I have zero experience with Linux, but I can never make iOS do what I want it to do.  I'm sure it's a fine product, as many people I know love it, but I was raised on Windows and have an impossible time doing anything with Apple operating systems.

That said, I have an iPhone now, :lol:.  And I like it.  My last few phones were Android phones but Verizon gave me the new iPhone for free and I've been using it for a few months.  I really like it.  So maybe it's just their computer products I can't use.  Or maybe I'm being indoctrinated through mobile technology.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: nice1]
    #15619364 -

OK NEW PROBLEM


I have a folder with my work project in that I copied to the c: drive as a backup

I no longer need this as I now use my flashdrive to back it up

but I can't delete it - it says I need administrator permisssion.


WTF WTF WTF - Its my fucking computer why the fuck am I not the administrator of my own fucking computer

how do i fix this

its retarded

Why would I not be the admin of my own fucking computer FFS lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: nice1]
    #15619868 -

Log in under the administrator account and/or grant the user account that you normally use administrator privileges. Or pop in a Linux disk and remove the folder from your harddisk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: koraks]
    #15620350 -

Lol how would i get the admin uswer and passwrod if i am not the admin?

Its a new computer, it asked me for a username and password when I started it - I assumed I would be the admin lol

Its retarded. 

I'd like to learn linux for sure but I got all my work on here so will buy another PC to learn it on first.


How do I make myself the administartor if windows 7 automatically makes me not the administrator :dumblol:  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: nice1]
    #15620420 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: koraks]
    #15620468 -

OK thanks dude  ;-)

I still think its retarded tho

why assume the user should not be the admin lol

its like everyones babies except big daddy microsoft

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: nice1]
    #15621006 -

nice1 said:
why assume the user should not be the admin lol



Because that would automatically allow any programs executed under that account (regardless if the user intended to run those programs) to have administrator access to the system. For security reasons, Microsoft deemed this undesirable. Many users complained about this, yelling that MS controls them, but they conveniently leave out that in just about any other operating system, this sort of security regulation has been widely practiced for decades. It's basically just good practice. Especially since there's lots of spots to store your shit apart from the hard drive root (which isn't exactly best practice in terms of data management).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: nice1]
    #15624679 -

nice1 said:
Lol how would i get the admin uswer and passwrod if i am not the admin?

Its a new computer, it asked me for a username and password when I started it - I assumed I would be the admin lol

Its retarded. 

I'd like to learn linux for sure but I got all my work on here so will buy another PC to learn it on first.


How do I make myself the administartor if windows 7 automatically makes me not the administrator :dumblol:  :confused:



whereas windows will allow you to log in as administrator without needing a password unless you set one, linux will not give you this option. if you don't like passwords, don't use linux.


--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #15628888 -

Windows 3.1 or GTFO

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #15628933 -

ms dos was the best

at least it didn't assume I was retarded
you had to figure it out, now a days its nannying us :mad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I fucking hate windows 7 [Re: nice1] * 1
    #15628942 -

Being able to run more than one program at a time is gay.

You should have to shut down, swap out the floppy, and re-boot to change from one program to another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* windows/linux user can ya help me? DF2K 1,269 5 06/10/03 08:42 AM
by T0aD
* OPEN GL for winXP tastyshroom 683 3 04/15/03 07:50 AM
by SHiZNO
* WinXP crash..C and G drives switched around? SuperD 1,620 14 07/23/08 12:34 AM
by SuperD
* I need a windows exploit scanner - I trade :) T0aD 1,785 8 08/25/02 12:50 PM
by tps
* Accessing Hard drive with winXP Liquid_Dimension 1,307 15 08/26/09 05:41 PM
by Tripp420
* Discovered odd "new" WinXP settings debianlinux 2,071 11 06/13/05 03:44 PM
by trendal
* SATA HDD and WinXP problems Edame 1,932 5 03/02/04 02:04 PM
by MAIA
* ScreenSaver pass = logon pass in WinXP? RuNE 692 1 06/15/04 12:26 AM
by matts

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, automan, Northerner
3,851 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.