Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535184 -

I'm referring to the fact that chipotle would rather exploit illegal
immigrants for labor than to put american citizens in jobs, it's listed on
their website and after looking further, I'm seeing it as another model of
Moe's southwest grill... it's a cafeteria where people scoop stuff out of
pans and serve it to you... moe's is pretty nasty because of how the food is
handled and I cant imagine chipotle's being any better. if I wanted a buffet
line I'd hit a buffet and not only save money but also get more


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15535214 -

they have magic chipotle hands y u no understand pris :kingcrankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15535215 -

I don't give a shit, as long as it taste good. Immigrants are people too not to mention that Americans are so lazy that they only last a few days in the shoes of migrant workers. Just look at what happened in Georgia.

http://www.mnn.com/your-home/organic-farming-gardening/stories/crackdown-in-georgia-keeps-migrants-away


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535251 -

audiophoenix said:
I don't give a shit, as long as it taste good. Immigrants are people too not to mention that Americans are so lazy that they only last a few days in the shoes of migrant workers. Just look at what happened in Georgia.

http://www.mnn.com/your-home/organic-farming-gardening/stories/crackdown-in-georgia-keeps-migrants-away



Yeah they're people, people that need to get shipped the fuck back to Mexico, no exceptions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15535272 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535305 -

there's a difference in an illegal alien and an immigrant, immigrants are
documented, if a worker has come here through legal means, by all means put
the man to work but if he's here with no papers, deport his ass and dont
support him

I've worked around illegals and I know for a fact that there's no difference
in US workers and illegals other than the fact that illegals work cheaper and
are willing to accept what ever abuses come with a job because they're afraid
to go to the authorities for fear of being deported

30 million US citizens out of work
30 million illegal aliens in the US

seems they dont treat their workers well at chipotle on the cafeteria line
even though their website says 'people are people too'
http://hispanicnewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/02/ice-epands-probe-and-crackdown-on.html

now let's take a look at what happened in Ga, out of work probationers can
fulfill community service requirements and their employment requirement by
working as farm labor  and remember... just because a few large farms
receiving millions in government subsidies cant get their crops picked by
illegals any more doesnt mean the ones operating above board and paying a
competitive wage are suffering, regardless, it's 11,000 new job opening
for US citizens and legal resident aliens
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57551.html
http://www.thegrio.com/news/is-forced-labor-coming-back-to-georgia.php

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15535328 -

I am curious where you DO eat that guarantees that illegal immigrants were not employed in the production of your food.

BTW, it should be noted that although the migrant workers were not exclusively illegal aliens, a large majority of them were.

If Chipotle is mistreating their employees, that's an entirely different argument, and was not your original argument.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535350 -

Not joking or racist.  They can come over legally for all I care.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535402 -

audiophoenix said:
I am curious where you DO eat that guarantees that illegal immigrants were not employed in the production of your food.



Quote:
Prisoner#1 said
I refuse to knowingly support any company that aids illegal aliens when more
than 30,000,000 americans are out of work



Quote:
BTW, it should be noted that although the migrant workers were not exclusively illegal aliens, a large majority of them were.



I know that and there's provisions in place for documented migrant workers

Quote:
If Chipotle is mistreating their employees, that's an entirely different argument, and was not your original argument.



it's one of many aspects of the argument, one of the reasons farmers are
so upset about the new laws is because documented migrant workers have
certain rights guarantees, the employer has to provide workers comp,
potable water, housing as well as a fair wage. as illegals they dont have
to do this which put those illegals in some really shitty environments and
subjects them to mistreatment... all of that doesn nothing to hold down
the cost of food, it simply allows these huge farms to continue to get
government welfare and pocket more profit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-2A_Visa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15535413 -

abltsandwich said:
Not joking or racist.  They can come over legally for all I care.



Ya I was just pulling your chain man, I don't think you're racist. There is definitely a huge downside to illegal aliens but if they all just disappeared there would be a huge hole that would need to be filled, and a lot of these jobs are ones that most Americans would refuse to do.

I don't really understand not eating at a place for the simple reason that illegal immigrants work there. First of all, illegal immigrants are involved at some point in almost all food production. So no matter where you go, (with the exception of farmers markets and local food stores/restaurants which I DO think is awesome if you buy from these places) you will get illegal immigrant processed food.

I don't want to hijack this thread anymore. I want more food porn! I am sorry if you disagree, feel free to PM me if you can change my mind with some evidence I am not overlooking. It's just my opinion, nothing more.  :peace:


--------------------

Edited by audiophoenix (12/18/11 03:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535425 -

audiophoenix said:
abltsandwich said:
Not joking or racist.  They can come over legally for all I care.



Ya I was just pulling your chain man, I don't think you're racist. There is definitely a huge downside to illegal aliens but if they all just disappeared there would be a huge hole that would need to be filled, and a lot of these jobs are ones that most Americans would refuse to do.



who did the jobs before the illegals?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535678 -

audiophoenix said:
abltsandwich said:
Not joking or racist.  They can come over legally for all I care.



Ya I was just pulling your chain man, I don't think you're racist. There is definitely a huge downside to illegal aliens but if they all just disappeared there would be a huge hole that would need to be filled, and a lot of these jobs are ones that most Americans would refuse to do.

I don't really understand not eating at a place for the simple reason that illegal immigrants work there. First of all, illegal immigrants are involved at some point in almost all food production. So no matter where you go, (with the exception of farmers markets and local food stores/restaurants which I DO think is awesome if you buy from these places) you will get illegal immigrant processed food.

I don't want to hijack this thread anymore. I want more food porn! I am sorry if you disagree, feel free to PM me if you can change my mind with some evidence I am not overlooking. It's just my opinion, nothing more.  :peace:




They simply refuse to work for the wages they pay illegals.  No illegals means employers need to hire which helps increase wages.  When there is a huge supply of potential workers and only a couple jobs there is tonnage be someone who takes shitty wages.  When employers are losing money by the second because there aren't enough employees, they get desperate.  Sounds like a win win to me, less smelly illegals whenever I eat fast food, better American economy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: P-O]
    #15535714 -

PostiveOutlook said:
one thing ive never tried is that asian soup stuff u guys get.  apparently its killer... cho or something.....



If you're referring to Pho, it's like my favorite meal.. I'm going to go get some right now.

Beef satay.. :megusta:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Brugman]
    #15535758 -

probably mexican but who can say favorite, food addict hard here.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: audiophoenix]
    #15535999 -

audiophoenix said:
I see, it's sort of like a gyro? Is it greek?



Turkish!

..at least some of them are.  At any rate, a li'l more Middle Eastern, a little less European, but still Mediterranean.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Me_Roy]
    #15536010 -

chinese.
korean bbq.
some indian.
and good ol american.


--------------------

                      molly :loveeyes: lucy :tripping: maryjane :bigblunt:
resident med student, PM science based questions :teacher:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Beanhead]
    #15536011 -

Beanhead said:
That chicken sounds nice, cool that you have moved to yet another country :shocked:. Sorry to be so swift of judgement: !

:hug:

Anyhow no spaghetti bolognese for you? I could live for days on pastas :lol:



I think I got the spirit of your comment!

Have only lived in two countries: the U.S. and Germany.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Brugman]
    #15536049 -

Brugman said:
PostiveOutlook said:
one thing ive never tried is that asian soup stuff u guys get.  apparently its killer... cho or something.....



If you're referring to Pho, it's like my favorite meal.. I'm going to go get some right now.

Beef satay.. :megusta:




I get to head back to atlanta for a few days and plan on hitting many of the
new places that have opened in duluth, took my daughter for viet namese last
year, she wasnt impressed with the smoothie because it had 'fish eyes' in it
I wasnt too impressed with how bland the two dishs I had were and this place
was rated quite highly by several people I'd spoken with

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15536333 -

I wanna try pho...  but ill pass one fish eye shake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite Cuisine? [Re: P-O]
    #15536344 -

PostiveOutlook said:
I wanna try pho...  but ill pass one fish eye shake



:lol: they aren't fish eyes, they're tapioca balls.  I'm betting she had boba tea.
Pho is absolutely one of the best things to eat on the planet.  Love tearing up all the fresh herbs and customizing the soup.  Don't forget the fish sauce, of #1 importance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lean Cuisine MOTH 1,307 18 09/05/05 01:07 AM
by MagicalMystery
* Favorite ethnic foods?
( 1 2 all )
SoulSurfer 3,793 38 09/01/04 04:05 AM
by Fade_To_Black
* Indian cuisine = the shit
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 3,293 37 05/20/05 04:54 AM
by Krishna
* Your favorite quotes.
( 1 2 3 all )
Oddish 3,966 49 05/08/07 03:32 PM
by DrCamacho89
* Do you have a favorite "type" of food?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,815 20 05/13/04 05:37 PM
by MizzJazzy
* American southern midwesterners review of fast food joints ShroomyMcPot 1,993 8 08/13/09 09:16 PM
by joe666
* What does an American degree mean in Canada? Adden 1,864 14 09/27/05 02:34 PM
by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
* Garcia on American Routes Anonymous 1,080 2 08/07/04 07:56 PM
by kindkesey

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,232 topic views. 1 members, 14 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.