Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA *DELETED* [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15471859 -

Post deleted by blkjkrabbit

Reason for deletion: x


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #15471865 -

start with sources other than blogs and 'user contributed/written' news sources

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15471869 -

There's never enough verification for you Pris. I saw something that I found disturbing so I posted it. It was relevant to my state and it caught my attention. I don't care to verify it, if it's inaccurate then it's inaccurate. And you cant tell me that all 1,000 of those animals are diseased, feral, or vicious. I know what the people are like in that area, they would most certainly put down healthy animals simply for population control.


--------------------
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I cut straight through the forest, and that has made all the difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA *DELETED* [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15471885 -

Post deleted by blkjkrabbit

Reason for deletion: x


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: GuruBushHippie] * 1
    #15471958 -

GuruBushHippie said:
There's never enough verification for you Pris. I saw something that I found disturbing so I posted it. It was relevant to my state and it caught my attention. I don't care to verify it, if it's inaccurate then it's inaccurate.



not surprised by this either, instead you'd rather spread the inaccurate info
and become one of the fear mongering alarmists yourself... good for you

ever heard of the boy that cried wolf?

Quote:
And you cant tell me that all 1,000 of those animals are diseased, feral, or vicious. I know what the people are like in that area, they would most certainly put down healthy animals simply for population control.




if these dogs are at animal control they most certainly are strays at the
least, house pets and dogs in fences arent picked up by animal control, if
little fluffy gets out of the fence and sits in the pound long enough to
be euthanized then obviously there wasnt anyone that gave enough of a shit
about the animal to actually call animal control to see if they had the
dog. dogs running the streets that are owned by people are pretty much in
the same boat, he owners dont care enough to keep them indoors or in a
fence so they can instead be hit by a car or shot by land owners and die
horrible deaths that could take a few days. these dogs are strays

the problem with stray populations that grow too large is that the do
spread disease and they also pose a problem for people and livestock. most
of the animals at the pound were dogs dumped by their owners because they
were unwanted, if they weren't adopted by someone then they probably still
were unwanted, should they just be released into the world so that they
can slowly starve to death, attack children and spread disease? maybe
animal control should keep them all so that they can all catch something
like parvo  from the one dog that originally had it and of they dont they
can live out their lives confined in cages... sounds like a great way to 
live doesnt it...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #15471975 -

blkjkrabbit said:
Prisoner#1 said:
start with sources other than blogs and 'user contributed/written' news sources



Oh, cool. Well I don't use those. But so that I can know what constitutes a primary source, can I have a direct answer?



how can I give a direct answer for a broad question

want a primary source? try looking at primary schools.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: GuruBushHippie] * 1
    #15472025 -

God dammit people, Ebola doesn't care if the hundred+ cats running around peeing on everything are sick, feral, or just your house cat. We can't have shittons of critters all the fuck up in this hiznay for safety reasons.

Do you remember that black death thing? Yeah, rats made it possible. It doesn't matter if it's rats, or cats & dogs. Any huge population of stray animals is basically a liability. So you kill the ones that aren't accounted for. What's the big problem? Are we running out of cats and dogs? White knight the ocean critters bro, they actually deserve it, what with us decimating their environment with drag net fishing.


--------------------

wat man rly

Edited by blujay (12/05/11 10:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA *DELETED* [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15472034 -

Post deleted by blkjkrabbit

Reason for deletion: x


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #15472072 -

Sensationalism!

:trolldance:


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blujay]
    #15472102 -

what isn't? asking a question!1 Sensationalism!1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15472114 -

Incoherency!

I NEED A CRASH CART IN HERE, THIS THREAD IS FLATLINING


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blujay]
    #15472158 -

your opinion is so valid!1 lets all dance to your tune!1

is asking a question sensationalism? what isn't then?

oh, shit... incoherency!

oh shit i can't read anymore! i've gone blind!1



PS: i love how you assume i somehow have vouched for any of the opinions in this thread. lol flatlining..

go flatline your pussy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blujay]
    #15472163 -

:lolocaust:


--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: GuruBushHippie] * 1
    #15472165 -

They are getting rid of problem animals. If someone can't take care of them why is it the states job to feed them, raise them and then find them a home? There aren't enough homes for the animals they have coming in. I use to work at animal shelters and it is a huge problem. You can't just keep stockpiling these problem animals. Yes they are even a problem if they don't have a home. Getting rid of them saves everyone even the animals from making bad situations turn worse. What we need is people more responsible for the animals they have. It isn't the city that killed these animals, it was their owners and their lack of responsibility. I'm always the last person who agrees with people killing things, but there is a serious problem with dangerous or unwanted animals. What do you do with all of them? They just keep coming and the state/county isn't asking for it. Get pissed of at the people who don't spay or neuter their pets. Blame the guy who beat his dog and the dog hurts someone. Blame the people who buy dogs and don't care for them.

It's sad and I wish it didn't have to happen, but it does because people are irresponsible.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15472167 -

OMG One1!!11!One!!!one!!ONE!!!

I
was being sensationalist. The article probably is also, as Pris pointed out.

I don't really think we need to murder all the strays to prevent plague. It is true that not having them around would be better if such a scenario did occur, however.


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #15472174 -

blkjkrabbit said:
Prisoner#1 said:
blkjkrabbit said:
Prisoner#1 said:
start with sources other than blogs and 'user contributed/written' news sources



Oh, cool. Well I don't use those. But so that I can know what constitutes a primary source, can I have a direct answer?



how can I give a direct answer for a broad question

want a primary source? try looking at primary schools.



Cool, well that still evades the question. I can see you don't really have an answer, so there is none. It was fun trying.




it you were 6 years old I could understand the childishness but "what
constitutes a primary source" isnt something that warrants a direct answer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blujay]
    #15472178 -

It's because a certain group of people fight them.


--------------------

Edited by fuel on the fire (12/05/11 10:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blujay]
    #15472184 -

oh, you were talking to yourself? ok, nevermind then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: akira_akuma]
    #15472197 -

akira_akuma said:
oh, you were talking to yourself? ok, nevermind then.



Hence the:

:trolldance:


--------------------

wat man rly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Extermination of Puppies in NC, USA [Re: blujay]
    #15472277 -

haven't read the whole thread but I did some reading into the ban. It isn't an outright ban, they just aren't giving those dogs up for adoption in county animal shelters.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* On tour round USA. Any fellow street performers out there? RJLR 319 1 03/12/10 06:31 AM
by memes
* Please Sign this petition to let a soldiers dog come to the usa from iraq. SeattleVille 451 6 10/15/08 10:47 AM
by Baeosistine
* Any weirdos still come by the pub? I got the Cumberland Blues. DirtMcgirt 746 10 11/05/08 09:46 PM
by DirtMcgirt
* How did my puppies jaw get broken?? josiesdog 1,594 2 12/07/10 12:30 AM
by LadyLittleZeppelin
* Israel and usa.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
shamantra 4,850 69 01/05/09 09:58 PM
by blewmeanie
* USA founded on color hatred
( 1 2 all )
Silversoul 3,360 36 08/07/06 08:31 PM
by AliceDee
* Anyone cool in NC????
( 1 2 all )
burgerpizza 1,955 28 03/10/11 10:06 PM
by Business_Man
* Snagged a Puppy At The Pound Today. felix 1,317 16 11/19/04 12:18 PM
by afoaf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,892 topic views. 3 members, 7 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.